Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Basic b18c catch can with 2 inlets setup, which line locations to install?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic b18c catch can with 2 inlets setup, which line locations to install?

I purchased an oil catch can awhile back and I would like to confirm where to connect the tubing from the 2 inlets to the the engine before I install.

I've read one of the more the detailed stickies on here, but would like to get a more simplified explanation to be sure with my install on an n/a setup.

From my understanding for a catch can with a 2 inlet setup, one of the lines for the inlet goes to the valve cover (where used to connect to air intake arm) and with the PCV being capped off, the second one goes to and replaces the hose that originally connects to the PCV behind the IM?

I've read mixed information about installing the catch can at either a low or a high level. Would a low or high location be the most proper and effective place for a catch can?

Also, the catch can I purchased did not come with any tubing. I would like to use some clear hose tubing that I usually see with these catch can setups and would like to know which and where to purchase some (I'm guessing from the local hardware store) with the suitable temperature tolerances that wouldn't collapse under the hood.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
Attached Images