Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

B_Swapped's 2nd integra build

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default B_Swapped's 2nd integra build

Here's to my 2nd integra build! picked up a 98 Rs , no sun roof or abs. Came with a JDM b18C-R pushing 240psi+ in each cyl jdm front, itr 5 lug conversion and a few extra goodies. My plans aren't 100% set for this car yet, first new suspension as its sitting on shocks and springs. Next is seats not liking the usdm itr ones at all, the only real con is it has some paint bubbling from the last guy rolling the fenders and not fixing the chips. After I fix up the small things I deff need to get new rims, just not sure what they will be yet. So far the 2 ideas that are floating in my head are K24/20 hybrid or turbo the R with forged internals and all that good stuff. In case some ppl missed my last build thread ill post a pic of my last integra.

Getting her in the garage after a long trip to markham to pick it up, ill get some better pics in the day. OEM Hids ftw

Nice clean stock B18C-R swap, still debating putting a k24 in tho

Best brake set up I've had yet(better then the 4p wilwoods) ITR brakes with hawk HP+ pads

Annnnd the not so good, however definitely manageable the under body of the car is good. Going to take care of that first thing tomorrow.

Pretty much a complete ITR interior, front and back seats/door panels and all the little CF dash trim parts. and of course with no sunroof.

This will always be my first love my white integra, that taught me tons and drained my funds like no other. Still regret selling it

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 12-24-2014 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:58 AM
Cool Cool Island Breezes. BOY-EE

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: B_Swapped's 2nd integra build

The car looks good, bud. Hopefully you won't say the words "type R clone" and you wont have to mention spherical bearings in every thread every 5.2 seconds.

Go to a race track with it. You'll find your build direction.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Nice finally found one! i say go k much more room for growth and can handle some boost on the stock block!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get some seat time on whatever you plan on doing (drag or road course) then build around that. Nice pick up man..
Old 09-13-2014, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good !
Old 09-13-2014, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by B serious
The car looks good, bud. Hopefully you won't say the words "type R clone" and you wont have to mention spherical bearings in every thread every 5.2 seconds.

Go to a race track with it. You'll find your build direction.
Thanks man! and yah no plugging products this time. Upon further inspection it has a JDM type R I'm just not sure if its the 98+ spec, the casting marks are very worn down almost shaved off. it's going to be my primary time attack car, the subbie is getting sold and i'll look in the spring for my "stance car" has to white again tho I still miss it so much.

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Nice finally found one! i say go k much more room for growth and can handle some boost on the stock block!

That is most likely what will happen after suspension and aero(Voltex wing etc), all tho the current stock jdm type R is pretty fun.

Originally Posted by halfakneegrow
Get some seat time on whatever you plan on doing (drag or road course) then build around that. Nice pick up man..
thanks, Time Attack is big here at CSCS and i'll probably strip it and build it to fit in the street class.

Originally Posted by jdmeg6118
Looks good !
Thanks man
Old 09-13-2014, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went to Teknotik today and ordered some Buddy club N+'s w/pillow-ball mounts not sure when they will get here. As for the direction for the car this will not be my "stanced out bling car", the plan so far is street able time attack car. Number one priority is suspension all ready has skunk2 F/R camber kit and F7 LCA's and subframe brace all that's missing is proper rims/tires...coils I already ordered. I am 100% getting a Voltex wing!! still deciding on the "type". Spent most of the day sanding/ painting and undercoating, it turned out "ok" but I'm going to pay someone to blend it better then I did.

Grabbed some cleaning items to make it look a little better the headlights were the best part of the day, night and day diff!.

Old rusted bumper beam is gone, rear is painted and the underbody is touched up a bit. Bad news tho I will have to cut out 2 sections of the floor...again(previous teg had this too). the fuel/brake lines don't look the best either "solid" but I may have to replace them, that news in it's self turned me off making it into my "stanced tegg on CCW's" i'm still satisfied with it tho.

This is what they looked like super fogged, at first I thought they were chrome housings but being OEM Hids I wasn't about to complain.

"After pic" I redid it twice more but you get the idea total spent on each light=35 mins. It rained most of today so no whole car pics sorry ill try and get a good front one
Old 09-14-2014, 06:03 AM

If those headlights fog back up....try wet sanding them.

My TSX lights were fogged. It was a southern car (lots of sun).

About 25mins per light. This is permanent. I wax the lights to keep it protected.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

subd
Old 09-14-2014, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

nice, cant wait to see how long it takes you to go through 6 more sets of rims.:lol:
(and more love notes from your favorite mountie).
Old 09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cleaned the car out top to bottom, made a list of what it needs for "safety/certify"... 2 reverse light bulbs and the horn wired up. The Nardi wheel has a chunk of the mount ring missing so a new wheel is needed. Going to see what a body shop wants to finish the paint on the areas I sanded shouldn't be too much but I'm trying to keep body work to "DIY". I've got my rims picked, Rota slips in 15x7 (don't hate) not much goes good with sliver, I kinda wanted to get XXR 531's but I think that would look ridicules with what I have planed for the car. If I have the funds however I might just get some used TE-37's that would mean pushing back the wing tho .

Here's a daytime shot for you guys VSM is the colour

Vacuumed and wiped down, on the look out for black Recaro's buckets tho

If I have the funds and can get the correct size 100% getting them in Mag blue would look amazing w/silver.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 09-14-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:22 PM

I'd push back the wing to not buy Rotas. Never buy knockoff wheels, bro. That's day 1 stuff.

15x8 all around or 15x8 front, 15x7 rear...whichever wheels you go with. Front biased tire stagger is obviously the way to go.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OMFG YESSS! Another B_Swapped build!! Fu*king YESS
Old 09-14-2014, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What wheels are those on your white teg? CCW's or XXR 531's?
Old 09-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bro where do you find these gems at?? I'm excited to see how you build this. Like I said in your other build I'm sloooowly building my dc2 up. I thought about going k series in it months ago but my next integra build I do, I will possibly will make it a k series. I've heard if you go k series you will have to get bigger rims and you cant have the car too lowered due to the motor mounts and how the motor will sit inside the engine bay. I'm subscribed to this thread.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DirtyDA9
OMFG YESSS! Another B_Swapped build!! Fu*king YESS

Thanks man! this one should be more active once the car comes off the road this month. The old teg pic in this thread is sitting on Avid AV-12's, I got my CCW LM20'S 1 week before I sold it . one of the last pics in my old thread is of it on them,(think its the 3rd last post by me).

Originally Posted by tollickj
Bro where do you find these gems at?? I'm excited to see how you build this. Like I said in your other build I'm sloooowly building my dc2 up. I thought about going k series in it months ago but my next integra build I do, I will possibly will make it a k series. I've heard if you go k series you will have to get bigger rims and you cant have the car too lowered due to the motor mounts and how the motor will sit inside the engine bay. I'm subscribed to this thread.

There was an extremely nice black one for $9K(forget his H-T user name) but he lived close to me. I don't know the oil pan clearance of the K vs B I know they sit a bit higher as you have to modify an RBC mani to make it fit. Like any car can't there's risk in running it low my last integra had 1/4 of the lower portion of the header missing from being so low. thanks man this one should be pretty active once winter hits

Actually... here it is, THIS is my dream integra! I respect this build SOOOO much https://honda-tech.com/acura-integra...build-2602036/

I'm going to avoid flip flopping ideas with this one despite the white one being a very nice looking car was no fun to drive(you know why if you followed my old thread). As much as I'd like intersection lights and a parking pole, that stuff won't show up on this build neither will stretched tires.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 09-14-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I'm excited to see this. Thanks for the other page, I haven't seen that one. I'm trying to get idea's for my build. I just rebuilt the interior. New black carpet, got nice black leather seats for the back and I got s2k seats for the front that matches the color on the back seats so it looks like it belongs. I just bondo'd the holes where the spoilers go because I perfer no spoilers. I'm gotta fix the body damage on the quarter panel and repaint the car to its original color, the teal green color. I want to post the build up... But I'm lazy lol its a lot of work to do this.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey bro its your build do what you want. I personally perfer no spoiler on the teggys. I just removed my ITR spoiler and filled the holes in it.
Old 09-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Went to Next-mod since Teknotik is closed for 2 weeks and got a momo "tuner" wheel since the Nardi one was fucked, wasn't my first choice but it is extremely solid. Ran into issues with the NRG Q/R set up so I traded it to my friend for his fixed hub...he definitely got the better deal. Still need help getting the horn to work so the paneling is off for now my temp sticker runs out next week so I have to hurry this is the only thing holding the car from passing.

Sadly the oem connectors are cut, buddy gave me a stock wheel to try but no point with out the connectors.

POS nardi wheel and NRG Q/R off and traded to my friend idk how you can manage to brake a wheel like that anyways.

Works bell fixed hub! kinda miss the quick release but ohh well this is safer then the non-crumple hubs.

3rd times the charm on getting it straight, I'm leaving it like this till I get the horn wired up. Tested the wheel I really like it a bit more then I wanted to spend on it right now but ohh well.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 09-20-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Extremely busy week! as said before my job takes up most of my free time even "after work". But I had a few spare hours and got it all ready for safety there is nothing on the car I am hesitant on "will it pass will it fail", so I figure I'll take it to one of the better shops around here for safety. AFAIK all it needed from when I got it was 1 reverse light and the horn wired up, the horn wiring was a giant pain! and I was unable to do it so I asked my friend who is good with wiring/custom harnesses. I have Monday off so perfect time to take it to a garage and see if I'm right, as for new parts nothing new I think i'll have to order rims I see no good 5 lug ones. Which is funny cause when I was 4 lug all the nice ones were 5...go figure, once it passes safety I'm going to try and sell the seats and rims.

grabbed a few last things needed, like floor material if I do need to remove a section still debating that part.

Had to get my friend to wire up the horn, one thing I was not able to do my self.

Showing the front some love finally, bumper is off and I'm getting any last bubbling off the fender. Sprayed it with some under coat while I was at it, really glad it came with the JDM fender liners/washer bottle.

Rear seats are back and the car is ready to go for it's safety

Last of the paint bubbling gone and I took my touch up pen to it for the time being then brushed clear on it, it was a little smother after a few more runs just took the pic early. No it doesn't look too good up close but I will be paying a local shop to fix it properly.

I got the wrong colour as they didn't have VSM, but it'll keep any moisture away from the newly sanded metal(tiny touch up brush kit used). "Ok" for someone who used rattle cans last time to cover scuffs lol. Going to my paint guy on Monday for a time frame/quote, there's still lots of dust in that pic looks better once I polished it a bit.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 12-23-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tackled the last few little things that needed to be done car goes for safety in the morning!, put the steering column back together and did a few other little fixes. Such as unplugging the SRS from the cluster and un plugging the hatch open sensor, I have no idea why it won't go off something to do with the alarm system. Teknotik has re-opened early!! so I'll try and make my way down there to get some wheels on my one day off, still looking like I'm going with 15x7 "slips" hate all you want, lots of guys use them for their "track wheels". Next will be tires and I'm undecided on that...in the 200-UTQG range for sure and I decided to ditch the Voltex wing for this build, just didn't seem right looking at all the pics online. I'll just get a stock ITR wing and get it painted and use that should look nice with all black wheels, going to look at some red ITR Recaros tomorrow. A rear sway bar is definitely needed might just go with one of those 32mm hollow ones, wasn't impressed with the 24mm seeing as its only 2mm(not noticeable) over the 22 ITR one. As for what to buy next...just going to pay for the things I ordered/listed and see where I'm at.

This explains why the screw were stuck, the bumper support beam was pretty nasty so I used my old integra one all minty no rust or ****.

At first I put the cutting disk on the angle grinder, then decided that if I slipped I would destroy my nice rear bumper. Had enough mistakes on the last teg so I used a grinding wheel and ground them 3/4 of the way, the heat on it's own made the plastic around the screw head melt so all I had to do was get pliers and pull.

Honestly I see no use for rear plate lights but we need them to pass safety so w/e I hooked them up. Yes those are zip ties I will redo it with self tapping screws when I have time, but not bad considering I had nowhere to mount the lights. Again another part from the last integra that came in use.

Looks pretty good I think, lights the plate up ok and is solid, I used a 3rd zip tie to hold it flat behind the plate. Again non legal plates so no need to blur it, Honda theft spiked HUGE here over the past few months a lot of high end cars were stolen (big shop owners even). Glad the tegg sits up north when I'm in the city only times I take it are to go to Teknotik never for going to a mall etc, that's when/where they get stolen.

Had a nice OEM red H sitting around so why not I really like it, i'll be SO glad once those horrid wheels are off the car. Seriously the most hideous wheels I've had just keeping them for safety as the tires are almost new
Old 09-22-2014, 01:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

"Good day bad day" car failed safety on account of "too low" lol such bullshit, claimed that the marks on the wheel well were from the current set up. Definitely from some previous owner as I have great ground clearance, also tried to say some of the under coating was coming off...lmao was nothing more then some "run" that had pooled. Taking it to my buddy's work tomorrow I don't care too much for some of the stuff that goes on there but meh, I just want to start my build. On a positive note I got some MINT* black Recaro's that had just came in at TorontoJDM and I decided to just grab an ITR wing while I was at it. I wanted red but I figured that kinda looked childish with a harness, which I am using my Takata DS2 again btw with a harness bar tho. Plus the red ones they had looked like **** and "errrbody" has red Recaro's so I chose black. The wing is at a good local body shop and should be done Friday! got a quote for finishing up the body work on my car...around $600. I'll probs do that before the winter if not early spring still debating on getting the whole car painted black, but well see silver is growing on me.

This looks familiar...the FIT loaded with integra parts! they are pretty dusty but I looked them over good and am happy.(that's dust not bolster wear)

Here they are in the house, a little better shot deff look better in real life. All I did was give them a little wipe with my hand.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 09-22-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

One last update for the week, had some free time so I figured why not give the new acquired Recaro's a bath of sorts. Unlike last time I did not soak the **** out of them I mixed my woolite solution and sprayed it on and scrubbed with a wet cloth. I think they turned out real good that pic doesn't do them justice my galaxy s5 has a **** camera, seriously excited to get them in the car and see what they look like. Going to buy a NRG harness bar and a 2nd Takata harness, if I get a chance this weekend, should have the wing back late this week too so I'll have to get that mounted. My buddy club N+ should be here soon too, hopefully the car passes its safety so I can officially register it.

For anyone looking for a quick way to clean your Recaro or similar seats some woolite and water goes along way. Just grab a few wet cloths spray and scrub.

"Before" most of it is dust and light dirt a little sun fade tho as you can see sadly.

"After" bad pic but ohh man do they look black in real life glad I kept that one harness too. the top of the right seat looks screwed up I can assure you its not just **** pic.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 09-23-2014 at 07:28 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice progress
Old 09-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice! This car looks super familiar! I'm sure I have seen it around. ✊✊

Quick Reply: B_Swapped's 2nd integra build