Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

B20B swap help

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B20B swap help

I just got a 00' JDM B20B that I want to swap into my 90' GS. Its the high compression version with the knock sensor. I have lots of questions though. Ive swapped a motor before but it was a B18A for a B18A so it was real simple, didnt need to change anything. What will I need to change to easily put a 00' B20B into my obd-o car? I just got the long block so no ecu or anything. Can I use my stock alternator and distributor? What about the intake manifold? The IM on my B20 looks weird and I heard that it might not even let the hood close. Is that true? If it is what is the best intake manifold to use to get the most power out of the motor? Should I go aftermarket or is there a good OEM manifold to use? I have a OBX header and a AEM intake, what intake manifold set-up should i use to get the most out of my motor? Also, what about my ECU? Can I use my stock one or should i get it chipped for the new motor?

I'm not looking for anything crazy, I just want to get the most out of my motor with simple bolt ons and a proper ECU tune. What would you guys use and do if you were me? This is just a daily driver so it needs to be reliable but like I said, I want to get everything I can out of the motor.

Also Ive already bought some stuff to freshen up the unkown mileage jdm motor, let me know if I'm missing anything that should be changed out before I try putting the motor in. Hers what I got so far
- OEM alternator/power steering belts
- OEM timing belt/tensioner
- OEM waterpump
- complete OEM valve cover gasket kit
- Cam plug seal
- exedy organic clutch
- 12lb flywheel
- raxles axles

So let me know if there is anything that should be inspected or replaced when I do my swap that is not listed.