Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 05:43 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

This is a perfect example of how dudes feel when they get embarrassed and pissed so they keep wanting to race until they win. Lol

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ge-TxgtiXs
Old 11-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

Originally Posted by tonyteg97
Exactly. Thats what i'm saying. .i wouldn't go as far as throwing in a turbo . .and i dislike the lag when slowing down to exit a ramp and then stepping on the gas to accelerate again. .but at top speed. .they are pretty fast.
Theres little to no lag with a properly set up turbo kit. My old setup was in full boost by 3k rpm, I doubt ill loose out to an auto integra ever though honestly. Unless I drop a valve half way through the run theres just no way.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:48 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (tweek_boii)

Originally Posted by JDM Knight Star
Have you driven a manual before? I recommend driving an manual then driving an automatic LS integra, they both should have B18b1s' in them. I know there aren't any integras that are automatics that came with dohc vtec. So try both and then you'll see why people say putting money in the automatic car is pointless.

We had a 96 ex 5spd race a 94 integra ls 5spd and the LS pulled on the civic on the freeway, both in 3rd gear. We then raced the civic against and automatic integra RS, same engine b18b1. The civic walked the automatic like crazy. The automatic took away so much power from the motor, the gears are longer and it has a torque converter to also weigh it down a bit. So all in all, you can modify it, but don't expect to put down as much power for the same price as compared to a manual.
SiR came with auto, b18c dohc
vtec