Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (EpicKills)

how does turbo put more strain on the engine, please explain. i think you need to research and learn some more, i dont see how you think an auto is stronger than a manual trans, but if you think that then i guess boost away, learning the hard way is still learning i guess. and the engine isnt going to be any strong than if it had a manual trans on it.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:25 PM

Default Re: (95teg_ls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95teg_ls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> and the engine isnt going to be any strong than if it had a manual trans on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What he said. Although....with the manual transmission, it will handle the boost better than the auto The transmission that is. But hey...if the OP already has the motor and the car....and doesn't wanna change out the tranny, then...the only thing I can say it...invest in building up that tranny or buying one that will handle the power you're looking for ( if it's available ).
Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EpicKills &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But a turbo gives A LOT more strain on an engine then a supercharger does. That's the only reason I had that consideration, because it wont strain the engine as bad seeing as how its an automatic. And I would ASSUME that a rebuilt auto tranny would be stronger then a manual because Ive also been TOLD that an auto tranny is stronger then a manual due to the way people drive and shift.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A turbo uses waste energy to create more power, while the superchager is driven by a pulley and takes some power from the engine to spin it. A non-intercooled roots supercharger (like the jackson racing one in stock form) is prone to heat soak, and will have much higher IATs than a turbo intercooled setup, which will put more of a strain on the engine. Changing belts can be very annoying also. A built automatic transmission can hold similar power levels to a manual, but will cost a lot to build.
I think you need to take the advice of others and do some more research on the differences between the two.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4g63powered)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 4g63powered &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, automatic LS's are slow. Very slow. None of the cars you've listed is anything to brag about, either. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I meant for the cars in its class the integra is quick auto or stick... i did feel the difference with my 5spdLS.. but i was not a loser with my auto LS... ok here is an example.. the base lancer or protoge vs base integra.... integra wins.... ok now pull out the rally lancer .... pull out the gsr ..it all depends on the class....!!! i just meant that the LS in its class izz not in last place....!!!
Old 04-12-2008, 08:46 PM

Hey Naruto I didn't know if you were talking about me saying he was a wuss or the guy above me. Either way, I wasn't trying to be an ***, he just needs to realize that his ideas to power an automatic transmission like he wants to are nearly out of the question. Money can buy anything but if you don't have an unlimited money bag then I would be hard pressed to find an auto Teg that pushes 200hp. I don't want him to change his mind about having an auto all together, but he needs to see that an automatic transmission is meant for stock power. Drive it as it is and add some visual touches.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (YungFrshCrckr)

no no no no, I wasn't talkin about you. That post has been deleted. I know honda automatic trannies have not been as stout as most would hope or like. Who knows...maybe the RDX transmission ( is that auto? I forget ) might work......but hey....there's no k2B adapter that I know of LOL. SO that's out the window. When people say "automatic transmission is meant for stock power" they should clarify and specific to say that the LS automatic transmission ( and most other honda automatic transmissions ) is meant to handle stock power for optimal efficiency. You can build the LS transmission or have a built one sent to you with those links I posted on the first page. But like you said....if someone doesn't have the money to do so...then it would be a better money saving alternative to do an auto to manual swap. Or...buy a car that already has the manual transmission and go from there.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 PM

Default Re:

Oh....and BTW...for those that say that auto LS's are slow....I drive one....and I've beaten quite a number of people who drove manual transmissions. Believe it or not, I beat someone driving a GS-R by a car and a half ( honestly....he didn't know how to drive ), I've beating manual tranny LS's, Nissan Sentra Rs.....not the spec V ( it was an auto too )....to name a few. Don't get me wrong...I'm not PROUD of that minor accomplishment. It just goes to show....it ain't that bad like people might say it is. And yeah...I'll admit....it helps when you're going up against someone who doesn't know how to drive their own car
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default re:

here is what you need for your automatic to be faster then stock, thats for sure.
its automatic, hes the guy i mentioned that has an automatic car and is super charged:

Old 04-13-2008, 11:23 PM

Default Re: re: (tweek_boii)

Automatics are slow. IMO, they are as worse as some people say. To me, it feels like the damn thing robs the engine of power and each time it shifts, I feel like the car is hurting. Each time I'm going up a hill, grrrrrr....then a downshift.

Now the new DSG (direct shift gearbox) that is truly a gem. Engineered by V-Dub and Audi, it shifts faster than any other gearbox out there and can be manipulated manually or automatic. Dual clutch = bye bye hp robbing torque converter.

Regular Automatics are often referred to as slush boxes for a reason.

Sure you can upgrade it, be unique, and when you race someone and beat them, you can say "you got smoked by an automatic` " but then if you think about it, you could've been much better off investing that money in parts because you didn't have to drop so much cash to make the shitty family car tranny hold up against big numbers.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:28 AM

Hey Naruto I didn't know if you were talking about me saying he was a wuss or the guy above me. Either way, I wasn't trying to be an ***, he just needs to realize that his ideas to power an automatic transmission like he wants to are nearly out of the question. Money can buy anything but if you don't have an unlimited money bag then I would be hard pressed to find an auto Teg that pushes 200hp. I don't want him to change his mind about having an auto all together, but he needs to see that an automatic transmission is meant for stock power. Drive it as it is and add some visual touches.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: re: (1990 crx dx b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1990 crx dx b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now the new DSG (direct shift gearbox) that is truly a gem. Engineered by V-Dub and Audi, it shifts faster than any other gearbox out there and can be manipulated manually or automatic. Dual clutch = bye bye hp robbing torque converter.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

DSG was designed by Borg Warner and licensed to VW.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i say drive w.e you want.It doesnt matter what other people think.Its your car.You can always get bolt ons.Youll still make power.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:37 AM
Banned

Default Re: (Kaiyoken)

So the thread went from "does anyone know some article or websites on auto tegs." And it turns into a debate thread on why manuals are faster. You guys suck at advise, have problems following instructions in junor high? I dont know how you passed those SATs, ask you (9x8)7=32-|-4| and you'd reply saying "well, an equation with parentheses I dont always find fair because they get to go first, but that 4 does need to go possitive, you SHOULD do that first or your bound to get nowhere. BUT that goes the same in History class with..." haha, Follow instructions, its not hard and makes everyones life easier. Every post mentioning a manual or the less power an automatic, thank you captain obvious'. You dont think I know this.

My problem is I have an automatic teg half stripped, wiper deleted, antenna deleted, so no one is going to buy it for their son or daughter, and it's an automatic so no one on honda tech is gonna grace me for over 2grand if that. So my options with this car are limited til I can save up money for a new one.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:25 AM

You sir need to chill out. If you don't like what people posted, it's as easy as ignoring them, pretending they're not even there and then reading those posts that are or might be useful to you. For example, I noticed you never mentioned anything about the two links I posted. An intuitive mind would have went to those websites and then...maybe.....JUST maybe....thought of asking those companies "hey....what can I do with what I've got currently in my ride?" Especially since they deal with transmissions.

Your sarcasm and general attitude that portrays someone that owns a bowl of cereal that someone pisses in every morning will not get you far. And your car is not the problem. I see no problem in you owning an automatic teg. I see no problem in you wanting to see what you can do with it. You say your options are limited. But that's not true. You have plenty of options. You just have to find the right people to talk to or ask questions. I can at least be a testiment to that with my automatic teg. To this day, I still get compliments on it even from domestic owners. Good luck with your project.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Naruto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Naruto &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Your sarcasm and general attitude that portrays someone that owns a bowl of cereal that someone pisses in every morning will not get you far. And your car is not the problem. I see no problem in you owning an automatic teg. I see no problem in you wanting to see what you can do with it. You say your options are limited. But that's not true. You have plenty of options. You just have to find the right people to talk to or ask questions. I can at least be a testiment to that with my automatic teg. To this day, I still get compliments on it even from domestic owners. Good luck with your project. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!

came onto this thread after a google search.. dont listen to anyone who has **** to talk theyre just haters.. im 19 and ive had like 9 cars already.. 6 teggys (first 2 automatic) a h2b ek coupe and the car i just got rid of my lsv eg coupe... ive been in fast cars and i cant even stress how much more work you need to do to a manual . its a rlly big pain in the *** and every girl whos gotten in my ek or eg got scared to death...
i just traded my lsv with mad goodies for ANOTHER AUTOMATIC TEGGY .. 98 gsr interior music system basic boltons . str8 pipe -_- and the only reason i did it was because it had a sir-g front from japan with the vins.. dont let anyone talk **** to you cuz my lsv and h2b were both clearly over 240 hp and i love automatics.. the whole point is to chill out no stress... and to the ppl who talk **** abotu auto b18s suck a dick cuz i walked on rsx and plenty of swapped civic junk boxes.. ill never go back to a civic due to the upgraded luxury from a civic interior to a teggy interior.. ive fallen in love iwth the space and overall feel of the teggy all over again.. just chill with it and if u have a job there shouldnt be any problem converting it in the future.. ( exactly my plan ) so to all teh haters jus throw ya **** in 2nd or 3rd and stomp on the gas and say bye bye to a bum **** single v
Old 11-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (mrdeadman)

Originally Posted by 2ndchirp
noo.. right now i have a 95 5speed LS but i use to have a 94 automatic ls and i use to shift it from 1-2-d3-d4 and my car actually chirped from 1-2 after adding a cold air intake... i did purchase few bolt on mods for the car and yes the automatic was fast... i can even remember the cars that i beat in races like a 2004 5speed lancer... 1992 integra gs 5 speed... 2004 protoge ...1990 celica...etc..... integras are not slow at all even the automatic LS's are pretty quick but im happy with my 5speed!!!
Man, I hear ya on this. And if I can be real now. .if you call yourself an INTEGRA LOVER. .why do you hate on the AUTOMATIC Integras so much. What this guy is saying above is true. You have to take into consideration that some young people probably had an automatic Teg handed down to them. .or they only know how to drive automatics. .so what if they want to mod their car. Of course if you wanna have fun. .buy a manual to get full potential. .in which a manual GSR will be my next. .but as of now I own an automatic integra because it was convenient at the time and point of my life. .daily driver. .simple mods. .cold air intake. .you know how many manuals I left in the rearview?? A manual Scion TC was revving his engine. .i shifted to d3 and left him feeling salty. .lol. .Tegs are still fast hands down if you drive it right. .can you mod them as much as manuals. .NO! But are still fun to learn with. .if you wanna talk drag races. .nowadays Automatics wins most races cuz the shifting is more accurate. .but if it was a race with sharp curves/turns. .of course the manual has the upperhand because you have full control of the speed. .whereas an automatic has to BRAKE than start from from the bottom again to pick up speed. But like I said. .if you are truly a Honda/Acura lover. .don't hate on the automatics. .just wait till you get smoked by one and tell me how that feels. lol
Old 11-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You did see the last post date on this thread right lol.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its just pointless putting money into an automatic vehicle. if you something to do then pick a different hobby.

if u put money into your car your going to just get looks and laughed at. your trying to justify it but quit frankly, no one will respect an automatic integra with bolt ons and what not. i know i wont.

and why? because MEN drive stick shift. lmao im jk.
i mean u could always just buy a nice sound system for it and lower it on rims and just tell people, im just enjoying my car"

but when u buy performance parts for it then yah..
in all honesty, dont do it. pick a different hobby. your just asking to be made fun of.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharmer
its just pointless putting money into an automatic vehicle. if you something to do then pick a different hobby.

if u put money into your car your going to just get looks and laughed at. your trying to justify it but quit frankly, no one will respect an automatic integra with bolt ons and what not. i know i wont.

i mean u could always just buy a nice sound system for it and lower it on rims and just tell people, im just enjoying my car"

in all honesty, dont do it. pick a different hobby. your just asking to be made fun of.
Lol. .thats the funny part though. .how i use my Teg as a daily driver. .but when guys be tryna do stuff on the highway. .they get embarrassed when they are left in the rearview mirror. Haha. I mean I hear ya on the whole part where its not worth a huge investment to mod an automatic heavily. .cuz it'd be hella expensive. I just wanna speak out from my experience and defend the fact that automatic Tegs are not sh#t. I mean yeah some guys take it too far. .like putting a body kit and lambo doors on an auto. Lol. But my mods are simple. .sound system. .cold air intake. .and 6000k hids. .to just cruise. I don't aim to race. .sometimes i think i might lose to a stranger. .but when my Teg pulls through. .i just laugh. All i'm saying is automatics shouldn't be counted out. .but also if you are really trying to mod your car and race then get a manual. .you'll get an overall better experience and more out of that vehicle. But the choice is really yours. .however you choose to mod your car is totally up to you. .i'm just saying. .cuz i love my Teg.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by kaycee_00
You did see the last post date on this thread right lol.
Yes. Lol. But just wanted to say something. .i just can't believe how some people who claim to love Integras could hate on the Automatic versions so much. .calm down lol. Yes manuals are funner to drive..yes you feel more manly. .yes its easier to mod. .yes you'll save on gas. .but when you finally get beat by an automatic. .will u admit it?? Haha
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 3rdtimecharmer

Ok, so i'm not trying to be a jerk but really. .if and when an automatic smokes you. .you still won't respect it?? A race is a race. .you have to respect that whether its against an automatic or a manual. What are you gonna say? That you missed 3rd? Lol. .dude when i beat my boys when we stroll on the highway. .they get all worked up and mad. .but then they always say. .man those automatic Tegs do pick up fast too huh? My post was mainly to get people to open up their eyes. .so what if people want to mod their automatics. .its their car. Lol
Old 11-04-2013, 04:29 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by tonyteg97
Ok, so i'm not trying to be a jerk but really. .if and when an automatic smokes you. .you still won't respect it?? A race is a race. .you have to respect that whether its against an automatic or a manual. What are you gonna say? That you missed 3rd? Lol. .dude when i beat my boys when we stroll on the highway. .they get all worked up and mad. .but then they always say. .man those automatic Tegs do pick up fast too huh? My post was mainly to get people to open up their eyes. .so what if people want to mod their automatics. .its their car. Lol
I've driven both the manual and automatic Tegs. .yes the manual is more fun. .you have more control. .it picks up faster. .but when you're at top speed. .automatics are pretty damn fast too. I beat my boys 93 DA manual. .from the start he took off. .but as we headed straight i zoomed right passed him.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The only thing I would mod on an automatic would be to upgrade the suspension, with stiffer springs and shocks and itr rear sway, other than that Im still not a fan of the transmission. I have no problems driving my 97 auto as a beater, but that is about it.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by aw614
The only thing I would mod on an automatic would be to upgrade the suspension, with stiffer springs and shocks and itr rear sway, other than that Im still not a fan of the transmission. I have no problems driving my 97 auto as a beater, but that is about it.
Exactly. Thats what i'm saying. .i wouldn't go as far as throwing in a turbo . .and i dislike the lag when slowing down to exit a ramp and then stepping on the gas to accelerate again. .but at top speed. .they are pretty fast.

Quick Reply: AUTOMATIC Integra, wants to be much more!