Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

auto to manual swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 09:19 AM
They let me pick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default auto to manual swap

how is it done and for how much $$$$? thanks guys.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: auto to manual swap (mrdeadman)

This is the most open ended question ever. You need a large list of parts, it's not that hard and you could do it yourself. I would advise you call around to some local shops and get some price quotes. Here is a list of parts you'll need:

I did this swap on my EG, so the part list may slightly differ. If your wiring is OBD2, you will need a new intake manifold, how ever if you're OBD1, you can use your existing intake manifold.

Manual transmission (one that will work with your motor).
Manual Pedal Assembly
Clutch/Flywheel
Manual Starter
Manual ECU
Hydraulic Lines
Clutch Resovir
Master/Slave Cylindar
Shift Linkage
Shifter
Shift Boot
Manual Console peice
Shift ****.

That's a rough parts list, I'm probably missing something.. But that's the jist of it.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: auto to manual swap (JDM-EJ1)

on an integra there is no need to change the intake manifold

on top of this list you will need several more things

-custom top tranny mount (place racing, hasport) --yes this can be avoided but i do not suggest..if elaboration is needed i can add to that
-manual ecu is not necessarily needed, u can convert your existing one
-manual half shaft (i have found some yr autos work as my 94 LS auto half shaft did)
-you will need wire to hook up the clutch switch(if u want it done properly) as well as misc bolts, washers and nuts...

as far as price it all depends on how far you want to go with it....... i spent several grand but i also have about 2g's into my tranny so the choice is yours

if you want to know how its done use your helms manual to take out the auto tranny and tenatively follow re-assembly of all things manual tranny realated to put it back in
several additional things will need to be done.... search the internet or pm me and i can dig up some more info for you as all of my notes on it are here and there and everywhere
Old 07-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Imperious: Mod of Valor

Default Re: auto to manual swap (Korch94)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Korch94 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on an integra there is no need to change the intake manifold

on top of this list you will need several more things

-custom top tranny mount (place racing, hasport) --yes this can be avoided but i do not suggest..if elaboration is needed i can add to that
-you will need wire to hook up the clutch switch(if u want it done properly) as well as misc bolts, washers and nuts...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You DO NOT need this wire to make this swap work. If you don't have this switch (I don't) you will simply not push in the clutch when you start the car, that simple. Oh and yes, I did get an auto/manual mount from JDMSh!t.com.

And yes, you can use your existing ECU and modify it. I just didn't want to deal with the hassel of modifying it.