ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 02:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Originally Posted by rambleon
Right ---- gorilla ----
Wow, if you're a bot, you've passed the Turing Test. Seems like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, you are trying to promote a specific dealership,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Because everyone on here wants to drive to NY ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, to get their belts replaced,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 07-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rambleon
UPDATE -------
So.................91akira ---- if my situation is covered.... yours is DEFINITELY covered... Retractors are the first things that are covered..... because they have a failure rate higher than expected.....

http://owners.acura.com/documentum/w...s/bwl27117.pdf
Its hit or miss in California or anywhere. Your lucky for your local dealership to do this cooperatively.
Old 01-19-2021, 02:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have to be the dealership you got it at or any Honda dealership? Also will they void my warranty over coil overs, exhaust, & steering wheel? 🌚
Old 01-20-2021, 04:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1. To: jag330 ---- If you are asking about the lifetime seat belt warranty on Acuras (and i assume Hondas as well), I cannot say exactly what model years and/or vehicles are covered. I know my 2003 TL had this warranty because it was written right on my dealer invoice. A link to the actual warranty document is posted in this thread by me and 91akira. It is on page 30. Basically every, and any, component in the seat belt system is covered if it fails during normal use. I took my car to the dealer where i bought it. They diagnosed it to be the sensor switch in the buckle for the driver's seat. They ordered the part (a new buckle assembly), called me and then fixed it free of any charge. I did not have any issues in getting them to do this. The repair manual indicated that the seat has to be removed, however i talked to the mechanic and he said he was able to just unbolt the seat and lift it up enough to change the buckle, and not actually take the seat out of the car. I guess they have done this repair so many times, they are good at it. After the repair, my SRS light went out. For Acuras/Hondas that are covered by this warranty, it is lifetime and doesn't matter how many owners have owned the car. But again, I am not sure exactly which Acuras/Hondas are covered or for which years......but i do know it covers many...many vehicles for many years. Gorillaglue#4 says below that all pre-2008 Hondas are covered. I have no reason not to go along with this.
  2. I will also note that the dealer told me that the car would still pass an inspection (in NY) with the SRS light on. This is one reason why they call it a "supplemental restraint system". But the conflict is that it is also a NY state law that we have to wear a seat belt, so if it doesn't buckle, we can still get a ticket. My belt did buckle so I guess i was safe under the law, but since the sensor inside the buckle was bad the SRS light was on all the time. So, if Acura did not fix it, I guess i could just keep driving with the light on and also still pass inspection every year. But they did the repair under the lifetime warranty without any issues.
  3. So, this thread is only about the seat belt system. It has nothing to do with coil overs, exhaust or steering wheel which you mentioned. I have no idea what you mean by this. Good luck.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just wondering if since i had aftermarket things on my car would it void the warranty. Thank you for the information
Old 01-20-2021, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jag330
I was just wondering if since i had aftermarket things on my car would it void the warranty. Thank you for the information
jag330 ---- I would not think that any aftermarket vehicle modification that is unrelated to the seat belt system, like the ones you mentioned, would affect the seat belt warranty. Again, the SRS light covers both the seat belts and also the airbags since they are all part of the "supplemental restraint system" and there are sensors all over the place to monitor this system. I don't know your exact problem with the seat belts, or if your SRS light is on or not, but all parts and labor are covered for seat belts that don't work properly. If you changed your steering wheel, I assume that it still has an airbag and the light is not on. If the SRS light is on because you modified the steering wheel, then I could see the dealer having an issue, but it is still not related to a seat belt problem. Usually seat belt issues are related to the retractor or the buckle which are both covered. As the postings indicate, some people did have problems getting the dealer to make the repairs and it may come down to making the case with the Manager of the dealership or even calling customer service at Acura or Honda. You just have to make sure that your specific vehicle is covered, and they should be able to confirm this also. The dealer gets reimbursed for the repair, so i don't know why some are not cooperating, but everyone is different. I was fortunate that my dealer just made the repair without any discussion. Also, i did buy the car from the dealer that made the repair, so maybe that helped, but it should not matter.
Old 01-29-2021, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jag330
Does it have to be the dealership you got it at or any Honda dealership? Also will they void my warranty over coil overs, exhaust, & steering wheel? 🌚
Any Acura dealership will accept. Keep us updated if you were able to get yours fixed. Mind you that the dealerships are familiar with the newer cars and not our cars. They brushed mine off and not even tried to fix it. Probably too lazy to pull up the TSB.