Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY

Im on a roll with this whole warranty thing.
ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY. Acura will repair any seatbelt or component that fails to function properly during normal use includes all parts and labor charges. Time Period:entire working life of car.
Simply take car back to dealership to get seatbelt fixed

I find this out after i replaced my driver side belt and paid 30.00 AH! oh well....
DETAILS ON ACURA.COM UNDER SEAT BELT LIMITED WARRANTY
Old 01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is this a fact? i cant find it at the acura website under what tabs is it under?

mines dont retract anymore i just have them for looks.... but i need to know the rules cause i have aftermarket seats.... i have a turbo and b20 engine..... and i have a black interior that was originally tan.... so i dont know if im disqualified for that replacement or what the deal is......
Old 01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (wardseg6)

My friend's seatbeat didn't retract in his Civic and got it fixed for free.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:55 PM

All auto manufactures are required by law to repair or replace faulty seatbelts for the life of the vehicle. As long as the seatbelts are stock, i don't see why they wouldn't do it no matter what you have done to my car. Chevorlet had to replace both mine in my truck and i have lots of stuff done to it.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (9t4fodo)

im pretty sure this is just for DA's i just got mine fixed a few weeks ago..and my friend brought his in yesterday..his parts will arrive on the 1st...
Old 01-27-2007, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The warranty applies to all honda and acura vehciles for the lifetime of the vehicle. No matter if your in a accident or just plain old age they are covered. Now when you go and change out the interior to a different color or something or other it could get tricky. say if the tech who works on the car takes ur interior color code on your door to order your new seatbelt buckle, retracter etc. it will be the wrong color and they will ask you did u change the color or modify the setabelt system, or basicly if they can tell u messed with it you voided your warranty.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:31 AM

If you need any more info on recalls on acura and honda let me know i work at a honda dealer in so cal.if you need radio codes or recalls hit me up.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (9INE_SIXGZR)

Any recals for a 1998 GSR???
Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am pretty sure that is a Federal law for all manufacturers. The warranty is nullified if the vehicle has been in an accident that damages the belts.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:02 PM
Semper Fidelis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (Dogginator)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewy. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im pretty sure this is just for DA's </TD></TR></TABLE>
Wrong, all cars are covered. If my DC needs to be fixed they HAVE to fix it. If my 1988 Toyota fails to work they have to fix it. Like said above it is Federal law to fix them. It is a safety measure that never expires to age/time.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am pretty sure that is a Federal law for all manufacturers. The warranty is nullified if the vehicle has been in an accident that damages the belts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea thats what i thought until i had to replace a seatbelt in a rsx that was in a wreck
Old 01-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (92DAIntegraXSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92DAIntegraXSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yea thats what i thought until i had to replace a seatbelt in a rsx that was in a wreck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Was the warranty claim denied due to the accident?
Old 01-28-2007, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Was the warranty claim denied due to the accident?</TD></TR></TABLE>

nope. when i saw that around the entire car it had RHDOT sticers everywhere i knew that the thing had been in a major wreck. the body shop replaced the SRS control unit but the buckles where not tocuhed. i asked my service manager and he told me that honda covers the belts and buckles if they were in a accidnet and there is a stored DTC code.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (92DAIntegraXSI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92DAIntegraXSI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

nope. when i saw that around the entire car it had RHDOT sticers everywhere i knew that the thing had been in a major wreck. the body shop replaced the SRS control unit but the buckles where not tocuhed. i asked my service manager and he told me that honda covers the belts and buckles if they were in a accidnet and there is a stored DTC code. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The RSX has pretensioners, which only work once and need to be replaced.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What about child seats? The previous owner had a child seat in the back that chewed up the belt, it looks like a rat nibbled on part of it... think thats covered?
Old 01-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (DELPHI)

nope
Old 01-29-2007, 04:57 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (DELPHI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DELPHI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about child seats? The previous owner had a child seat in the back that chewed up the belt, it looks like a rat nibbled on part of it... think thats covered?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would ask. Do not mention the child seat. In all honesty, a child seat is normal use.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:16 AM

Thanks for the info, i've been driving around with my retarded belt for months now. i didn't know the belt warranty does not expire. wanted to fix it myself but parts are expensive go for about $300. And i know the repairshop will charge me an *** and a half since in a girl. Your info saved me a bunch of money.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (Ranya)

Yep I have a belt that wouldn't click into the buckle on an EF Hatch and my stealership didn't believe me when I told them they had lifetime warranty. After a few calls to Honda of America the dealership finally replaced it for me free of charge.

So you may have to push them a little but it is lifetime warranty.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Nikon!!!

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (sauceja)

i had a problem with my 91 DA. the auto belt got stuck on the track. brought it to the dealership. replaced it within two days; they had to order parts. they even gave me a loaner too!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my 2 front seatbelt on my teg were mest up and I took it to the dealer and got it fixed no problems
Old 03-20-2007, 12:43 PM

yeah its really good. new seatbelts man thats like 30 bucks plus labor each. they will change it for sure at dealership. mine were just a lil saggy and they still made the effort to change everything. the bad part is it takes a couple hours
Old 03-20-2007, 02:41 PM
2010 Honda-Tech Poker champion

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (98GSRDC2)

My dog chewed through my rear set belts in a 88 accord. Like 10 years ago, and Honda replaced all of them. For free.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My problem is that my seat belts (shoulder belts) arent moving at all, it just stays in the closed door position, so i called acura, and they said that the warrenty doesnt cover that part of the seatbelt.....anyone had this problem before?
Old 11-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Default Re: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY (richboi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by richboi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My problem is that my seat belts (shoulder belts) arent moving at all, it just stays in the closed door position, so i called acura, and they said that the warrenty doesnt cover that part of the seatbelt.....anyone had this problem before?</TD></TR></TABLE>

DA?

Quick Reply: ACURA SEATBELT WARRANTY