Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

98 Integra No Crank No Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Integra No Crank No Start

Okay so first off battery is good, already replaced the distributor, just changed the water pump and while it was off put in new timing belt. Drove it for almost week then nothing. I have two if these one is 98 one is 99. My 98 I already had issues with the hardware component of the ignition so the tumbler is no engaged. Based on my 99 the hubby's assuming it is the electrical components of the ignition. Instead of bypassing it with push start like he did because I am not as skilled and he is out of state I went with my brother suggestion to replace wiring harness. Did that still nothing after seeing replacement part with new one I think they may have given me the ignition for an automatic going to check for sure today hopefully. If not I guess pull starter to have it checked out. It will roll start though. And I did check the clutch switch.
Old 06-09-2019, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: 98 Integra No Crank No Start

Why would you replace the distributor and wiring harness without checking fuses first? Under the hood by the battery check the 40 amp IGN fuse. Then look under the dash and check the 15a #9 IGN Coil, 15a #13 Fuel Pump and 7.5a #31 Starter Signal.

There is also a little rubber/plastic piece that rests against the clutch switch that will break apart, keeping the switch from closing when you step on the clutch.
Old 06-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Sounds like the starter if you can roll start it.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Chrisfrom1986
Why would you replace the distributor and wiring harness without checking fuses first? Under the hood by the battery check the 40 amp IGN fuse. Then look under the dash and check the 15a #9 IGN Coil, 15a #13 Fuel Pump and 7.5a #31 Starter Signal.

There is also a little rubber/plastic piece that rests against the clutch switch that will break apart, keeping the switch from closing when you step on the clutch.

The distributor went out before this and has already been replaced and did the wit no harness because like I said I have two and that was the issue with the other one. I already checked the clutch switch. I was afraid the rubber was missing also since I had to fix the brake switch for the piece finally giving out as well.
Old 06-09-2019, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Sounds like the starter if you can roll start it.
That's what I am thinking at this point. Now I just have to figure out how to take it off this week.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 178 Likes on 151 Posts

Funny, the one on my brake pedal gave out too. Have you jumped the starter leads?