Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

98 Integra with a ls-vtec swap, oil pressure sensor is not hooked up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Integra with a ls-vtec swap, oil pressure sensor is not hooked up?

I bought a 98 Integra gs with a built ls-vtec motor a few weeks ago, its clean car overall but just has a few bugs that bother me and I'm trying to work out but I don't know much about honda's/acuras so bear with me. Based on what i've read, all ls-vtec swaps must have both the vtec solenoid and vtec oil pressure sensor hooked up to the ecu for vtec to function properly however on my car, the oil pressure sensor is hooked up to nothing and the wire coming off the vtec solenoid is hooked up to 2 wires on the ecu, the vtec DOES work fine and hits at 6 grand. I'm just trying to figure out if this is bad/unsafe and if i should wire up the oil pressure sensor or leave it the way it is.

Also, i just realized that there are no o2 sensors to be found anywhere on this car, it seems to be running fine and no check engine light is on, i've never heard of a obd1 or obd2 car with no o2 sensor(s) before so im not sure what to do with this one either.

This thing is going to be my daily driver so I want to make sure it is going to be as reliable as possible and also that its always running as efficient as possible (good gas mileage) and i defiantly feel like the lack of o2 sensors will screw with this.

By the way, it has a chipped p28 ecu with a obd1 jumper harness, i took the cover off the ecu and the chip says "integra type r" on it so i'm assuming it has a ITR base map?
Old 10-17-2010, 08:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Integra with a ls-vtec swap, oil pressure sensor is not hooked up?

car is running open loop no 02 sensor needed and vtec solenoid is hooked up to a4 and d6 which delere oil presure switch...it fine car runs better that way oil switches go bad and are not needed only there to prevent vtec on cars with low oil...as long as u check ur oil regularly its fine which you should do anyways...
Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 AM
Technical Hero

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Re: 98 Integra with a ls-vtec swap, oil pressure sensor is not hooked up?

I think he's talking about the oil pressure switch? Sounds like someone bypassed the oil pressure switch possibly?
Old 10-18-2010, 05:41 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by cibao2ner
car is running open loop no 02 sensor needed and vtec solenoid is hooked up to a4 and d6 which delere oil presure switch...it fine car runs better that way oil switches go bad and are not needed only there to prevent vtec on cars with low oil...as long as u check ur oil regularly its fine which you should do anyways...
Ok, that's all I needed to know, thanks for the info.

Since the car has no tune on it, would I gain anything by hooking up a o2 sensor?