Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

92 integra ls/gs/gsr ?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 92 integra ls/gs/gsr ?????

Originally Posted by JdmTypeRdc2
Actually hes right. It is widely known that putting a GSR/b16/ITR trans on a LS motor would result in much better acceleration, and yes it would keep up or even beat a GSR. It brings the LS motor to life, and is the best performance modification one can do besides FI.
I'm talking about an original GSR with a B17 VS. a DA LS. They both have the YS1 tranny which is the same gearing as a B16 tranny. My DA LS will woop a DC LS any day just because of the shorter gear ratios
Old 12-17-2010, 11:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by meyerk9
That makes no sense. Because the GSR and the LS both had the same YS1 tranny, and the B17 is faster. You can say to put a short geared tranny on any motor and it will beat another but you can't compare that way... Both engines have to have the same tranny in order to compare how fast the car is based on the engine.
Not necessarily.

When it comes to FI, the longer the gears the better, and in that case it would be the inverse.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not necessarily.

When it comes to FI, the longer the gears the better, and in that case it would be the inverse.
Wow.

Under no circumstance are longer gears "better". Period. Gearing is a torque multiplier. Shorter gears = more wheel torque. More torque = more acceleration.

If you ever truly believe that longer gears are better, go start the car from a stop in 5th. That's the longest gear the car has, so why isn't it better for acceleration than any of the lower gears?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Not necessarily.

We're not talking about turboing. A 140hp motor is slower than a 160hp motor with the same tranny. And you CAN'T compare a motor when they have different trannys because you're now comparing DRIVETRAINS not ENGINES.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I like to party

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not necessarily.

Originally Posted by TunerN00b
Wow.

Under no circumstance are longer gears "better". Period. Gearing is a torque multiplier. Shorter gears = more wheel torque. More torque = more acceleration.

If you ever truly believe that longer gears are better, go start the car from a stop in 5th. That's the longest gear the car has, so why isn't it better for acceleration than any of the lower gears?
Old 12-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW, a YS1 tranny is STOCK in all DA's and DB's including the B17 GSR. They have the EXACT same gear ratio as B16 trannys and the YS1 used in all 2nd gen integras was the same one used on the JDM XSI and RSI's
Old 12-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm talking about an original GSR with a B17 VS. a DA LS. They both have the YS1 tranny which is the same gearing as a B16 tranny. My DA LS will woop a DC LS any day just because of the shorter gear ratios
You forget a lot of variables my friend, like driver, tires, etc. You cannot base your last statement on gear ratios. They can help, but are not guaranteed.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I like to party

Wow.

JUST to play Devil's advocate, in rare instances a longer tranny WILL be faster than a shorter one in forced induction applications, but it is due to time lost shifting, as well as time spent outside of the compressors "sweet spot". However, while I'm sure this is the concept JDMTypeRDC2 was trying to make, he had no actual grasp on the subject, as well as it not really applying here.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow.

Yes, you are correct. Your first statement at least. I am an s2000 owner, and have read every single piece of information regarding gears. You are correct, like I said.

When it comes to FI, you need longer gears. The 4.56 and 4.77s dont do any good when pushing out over 500whp. They are not recommended. No one is saying start off in 5th, thats besides the point. But, in my case, owning an turbo s2000 with 4.56 gears right now is not beneficial for me. If i was NA, then yes, it would be great.

Like i said, no one is stating to drop down to a very low FD, but in my case, my stock gearing is 4.10, which is what is recommended when you go into high hp numbers.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 2LEM1
JUST to play Devil's advocate, in rare instances a longer tranny WILL be faster than a shorter one in forced induction applications, but it is due to time lost shifting, as well as time spent outside of the compressors "sweet spot". However, while I'm sure this is the concept JDMTypeRDC2 was trying to make, he had no actual grasp on the subject, as well as it not really applying here.
You should really be the last person talking or playing "devils advocate"...With some of the idiotic responses you have given in other threads, im surprised no one has gotten on your case yet.

You pick a great time to post stupid **** because someone questioned me. If you guys would do some reading, you would know that the torque multiplier applies to NA setups. A shorter geared FD in a boosted car will hurt your performance rather than help it. I didnt want to be rude, but you are honestly pissing me off...I dont want to have to go copy and paste a link about this so that you can comprehend better.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Point is, in order to compare motors they have to have the same transmission in order for it to really be a motor comparison
Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 AM
I like to party

You should really be the last person talking or playing "devils advocate"...With some of the idiotic responses you have given in other threads, im surprised no one has gotten on your case yet.

You pick a great time to post stupid **** because someone questioned me. If you guys would do some reading, you would know that the torque multiplier applies to NA setups. A shorter geared FD in a boosted car will hurt your performance rather than help it. I didnt want to be rude, but you are honestly pissing me off...I dont want to have to go copy and paste a link about this so that you can comprehend better.
If by "idiotic responses" you mean the thread where we argued about DC2 and EG exhaust being the same... I think we all came to the conclusion that the EG axleback IS shorter than the DC. Which makes you wrong. Again.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread is off topic. Stock Vs. Stock

B17A>B18A

End of story.

It would be an endless debate. What ifs, If I did, what about.
People wouldn't have paid thousands more for an inferior car.
People that bought 92 GSR Tegs back in 1992 would slap you in the face if you said an LS was better than a GSR. Go ask a dealer and 1/4 miles prove it. End of story

As far as a tranny goes, B16 tranny on a B18A sucks *** on a daily commute.
It will help to a certain point, but it will eventually top out due to the shorter gearing while the B17 keeps reving high and spanking that ***.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If by "idiotic responses" you mean the thread where we argued about DC2 and EG exhaust being the same... I think we all came to the conclusion that the EG axleback IS shorter than the DC. Which makes you wrong. Again.
Let me not even get started. You are not worth my time, seriously. I can go on and on about your dumb responses and sarcastic comments that youve posted...

I think you might have deleted it actually but i specifically love the one where you said "you can convert it to a 4dr type r, have you heard of those. Check them out, theyre cool" haha...After that statement, I stopped taking you seriously in every thread you post something in...

Back the question. Read up on gear ratios, and how they affect acceleration in both NA and FI applications, as well as daily driven cars vs track cars, and how they affect your top speed and shift points...When you know enough about that, come back and put your input on it.

Last edited by JdmTypeRdc2; 12-17-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Point is, in order to compare motors they have to have the same transmission in order for it to really be a motor comparison
That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

B18A w/ B18A tranny > B17A with B18A tranny
B18A w/ B17A tranny < B17A with B17A tranny

It must go accordingly to it's application. B16 tranny on an LS motor sucks *** and is needed on the 1/8. Anything past that, will have it reving so high and will eventually kill your engine.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:35 PM
I like to party

Let me not even get started. You are not worth my time, seriously. I can go on and on about your dumb responses and sarcastic comments that youve posted...

I think you might have deleted it actually but i specifically love the one where you said "you can convert it to a 4dr type r, have you heard of those. Check them out, theyre cool" haha...After that statement, I stopped taking you seriously in every thread you post something in...
That wasn't me homeboy. But I'm confused, are you mad because someone suggested converting to a 4dr itr, or because someone thought they were cool? Either way, you mad.

Feel free to try and dig through my past posts... you'll find nothing but helpful posts with a sprinkling of snide remarks to dumb people. Sorry you fit into the latter.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

b17 ys1 trannys are different from b18 ys1 trannys. i have a original b17 integra and have whooped on a ls da with b16 tranny and same bolt ons as me. also a ls da runing a 50 shot and bolt ons.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That wasn't me homeboy. But I'm confused, are you mad because someone suggested converting to a 4dr itr, or because someone thought they were cool? Either way, you mad.

Feel free to try and dig through my past posts... you'll find nothing but helpful posts with a sprinkling of snide remarks to dumb people. Sorry you fit into the latter.
Ok there Mr. Ive been building hondas since before people were born...Im sorry i reigned on your parade by pointing out your dumb responses and pitiful attempts to flame people.

Like i said, I know what you post. "I Is NoT mAd, HoMeBoY"....do some reading, get back to me when you know about gear ratios. Instead of agreeing with other posters, learn how to make up your own mind and not swaying with everyone elses answers. Maybe you will be more credible that way.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:45 PM
I like to party

Ok there Mr. Ive been building hondas since before people were born...Im sorry i reigned on your parade by pointing out your dumb responses and pitiful attempts to flame people.

Like i said, I know what you post. "I Is NoT mAd, HoMeBoY"....do some reading, get back to me when you know about gear ratios. Instead of agreeing with other posters, learn how to make up your own mind and not swaying with everyone elses answers. Maybe you will be more credible that way.
You're right! I looked it up and putting a GSR transmission on an LS motor DOES make it faster than a GSR motor and a GSR transmission. Damn, I wish I had known this years ago, it could have saved everyone a lot of money! If only I had known the S80 was MAGIC
Old 12-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i agree for some reason the da ls integras always beat the dc ls integras. ive had both and da was faster. look on youtube the da's always win.

ps b17 ys1 trannys are different from b18 ys1 trannys

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/Bgears.htm
Old 12-17-2010, 12:57 PM
I like to party

Originally Posted by 92db2gs-r
i agree for some reason the da ls integras always beat the dc ls integras. ive had both and da was faster. look on youtube the da's always win.

ps b17 ys1 trannys are different from b18 ys1 trannys

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/Bgears.htm
Eh, those aren't right. Both the YS1s had 4.400 final ratio, but the GSR had lower ratios in the lower gears. One sec, I'll post the numbers.

Those are the correct ratios. IDK where FFsquad got those other ones...

BTW - check out the 92-93 ratios compared to the 96 spec ITR. Interesting, eh?
Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're right! I looked it up and putting a GSR transmission on an LS motor DOES make it faster than a GSR motor and a GSR transmission. Damn, I wish I had known this years ago, it could have saved everyone a lot of money! If only I had known the S80 was MAGIC
Enough with the sarcasm. You sound like an idiot, once again.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:16 PM
I like to party

Enough with the sarcasm. You sound like an idiot, once again.
Actually, sarcasm is pretty hard to get across on the interwebs. I should be congratulated.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

USDM YS1 had two versions. The FD is the only difference. 4.26 vs 4.4. Thats it.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:12 PM
I like to party

http://hondaswap.com/swap-articles/b...n-guide-29099/

Quick Reply: 92 integra ls/gs/gsr ?????