Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1995 Integra Potential buyer

Old 08-13-2018, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Integra Potential buyer

I'm going to look at a 95' tomorrow and looking for some second opinions.
It has 214,000 KM /132,973 Miles.

Was apparently lady driven its whole life from the original and second owner. (both female).

Do you think its a good deal @ $2500 CAD?
Is it a GS or GSR?

Here is some info from the ad:

1995 Acura Integra for sale
- 214,000kms
- 5 speed manual transmission
- Bought brand new from the dealership, only had one owner since then (Lady driven)
- Timing belt, water pump, brakes done last summer
- Some rust on the driver side rear quarter panel
- Reason for selling: Need more parking space

Old 08-14-2018, 06:41 AM
I'm not Rick!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 1995 Integra Potential buyer

GS. not GSR. notice valve cover. b18b. not b18c.
thats a steel. very clean 4dr integra 5spd. for $2500..take it quick
Old 08-14-2018, 02:06 PM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts

not a bad price. it's a LS/GS. Clean title I assume??
Old 08-15-2018, 12:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Okay so I went and looked at it today and took it for a pretty decent test drive and checked everything I could think of.

It turns out it actually was lady owned its whole life, she was the original owner and was an elderly Chinese lady, very nice. You can see her in the second pic on the right side sitting on the walker.

First thing I checked was the engine oil which was a bit low. Then the coolant reservoir which was green and not water, good sign there. The radiator was also replaced a few years ago. Power steering fluid was a bit dirty but that's okay. Didn't bother checking the air filter because I knew it needed to be replaced anyway. Overall the engine looked in good shape, just needs a good clean and detail and it should look new. Was stored in a closed garage.
I then moved onto the trunk and checked for a rusty spare tire well which was surprisingly really clean with no rust anywhere. Next I looked underneath for any signs of oil leaks, only found from what I could see is a bit of water that had dripped onto the ground near the front right side of car. Not sure what that is but no biggie as its only water.
Now onto the test drive. First I let her drive a loop around then It was my turn. It seemed to drive really nice from what I could tell. Shifted smoothly through all the gears and downshifted fine as well. The only thing I noticed was a little bit of rattling from underneath the car at times. Not very major, they said it was some sort of shield but I'm not 100%. Planning on getting the car inspected by a professional.
So the car passed all the tests, the only thing I didn't do was a hard brake test because I didn't want to hurt the lady's back.

I did find out that the AC doesn't work and I think the factory radio has a problem they said. They were talking lots and I was just trying to listen for engine noises. The lady's nephew was helping her sell it. A nice guy as well.

Time for negotiation. I looked at what the cars value was online from an estimation website before hand and used that as a starting point. It seemed a little low considering the condition and circumstances of the vehicle. I didn't want to insult them with that price so I added a couple hundred to it. I offered $1800 and the guy said he was thinking $2000 so I met them in the middle. The lady wasnt really happy with that price so I said they can have some time to think about it and get back to me with an answer. I didn't hear back from them for a couple hours so I messaged him back and said If it makes your aunt happy and seal the deal, I will give her $2000 and she could use the extra $100 to buy you guys something to eat. She was pleased and appreciated my generosity.
I'm meeting them on Thursday to transfer the car into my name and pay for it.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:28 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

It's a 23yr old car so you can't be too picky. Just be prepared to replace miscellaneous stuff such as transmission axle seals, valve cover gaskets, etc.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
It's a 23yr old car so you can't be too picky. Just be prepared to replace miscellaneous stuff such as transmission axle seals, valve cover gaskets, etc.
I know but my OCD always gets the best of me. Thanks for the tip, I will inspect them tomorrow once its in my possession.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:21 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Originally Posted by h4wk3r1
I know but my OCD always gets the best of me. Thanks for the tip, I will inspect them tomorrow once its in my possession.
That's the part of buying a used car. Sometimes you get a gem and all is good with minimal issues. Other times, it's a lemon and you want to light that b*tch on fire. lol