Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1995 Acura Integra LS Sedan- The Long Road

Old 10-11-2018, 01:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 Acura Integra LS Sedan- The Long Road

Here is Brittany, my '95 Integra LS. I got her from a friend's tow yard on a lien sale for $300, and the rest if history. The plan was originally to strip it for a track car, then it turned into a daily project, and now I have no idea what I'm doing with it. All I know is I've had a ton of fun in it and working on it, so that's what I'll keep doing. I've had nearly zero reliability issues since I've owned it. A cracked radiator has been the only occurrence so far. The plan as of now is to get a set of wheels and tires I am happy with, and coilovers. Gonna keep tinkering while I make up my mind what I want to do with it. The plan right now is to toss an HX35 on it, tune it to 14psi and it should be at a safe 260-280hp with the right setup. But who knows. Hope you enjoy!

1995 Acura Integra LS Sedan
Original B18B1
Custom Short Ram Intake w/ K&N Filter
DC Sports Ceramic Header
Custom Aero Axelback
Ebay Adjustable Coil Sleeves and KYB Shocks in front
Skunk2 Lowering Springs in the rear
Ebay front strut bar
Energy Suspensions Full Polyurethane Bushing Kit
Yonaka Polyurethane Engine Mounts
Exedy OE Clutch Kit
ACT Lightweight Flywheel
Konig Wheels
Stoptech Sport Brakes Pads
ABS Delete
Cruise Control Delete
AC Delete
Audio delete
Half Gut (Currently)
Moderate Engine Bay Tuck
As much weight reduction as possible aside from power steering.

I'll let the pictures do the talking. Took her home, cleaned it up, then gutted everything I didn't think I'd need.

The fuel filter was definitely in need of a replacement.

Then came wheels and tires and lowered her to sit nice.

Sold the destroyed fiberglass hood it came with for $125 and picked up a faded cf hood for $100. Good deal, I thought. Took it out for its first autox day. Posted a great time, then it started pouring...

Then I decided to daily it. Rebuilt the transmission, put in an Exedy clutch and ACT lightened flywheel, got a full black interior from a part out car, did full interior leds, and even found a Momo at a Pick N Pull for $12.

The car sat for a while during my relocation from California to Washington. Had to swap the front wheels as the tires had gone flat, so now it's even uglier, but the project goes on. Here is how she sits currently.

A start to current comparison of the engine bay.

The whole time I have had the car, it's had a terrible 'grinding' sound. I rebuilt the transmission when I replaced the clutch, and while the bearings were destroyed, the sound didn't go away. I just replaced the water pump and did a Gates timing component kit as well, hoping that was it. After starting the car and still hearing it, I was at a loss. My brother said something I thought was dumb, "It's coming from the front bumper!" Then upon leaning on the bumper to tell him it couldn't possibly be coming from the bumper, the noise went away. Lol Turned out these plastic pieces in the front bumper were the cause. (In case anyone else is having this issue.)

Old 10-13-2018, 08:15 AM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts
Default Re: 1995 Acura Integra LS Sedan- The Long Road

good progress.
Old 10-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Keep it up! Nice seeing it hit the track right away
Old 10-15-2018, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LankorDie
Keep it up! Nice seeing it hit the track right away
When I first gutted the car, I took out the wipers and all, as I wasnt planning on using it in the rain. Regretted that when it was pouring rain the first time I hit a track day with it. Haha Luckily the part out car had them still.