Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

1994 Integra LS/VTEC For My Daughter

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon7 1994 Integra LS/VTEC For My Daughter

Guys wanted to start a post for my Daughters Integra we are working on. Our plans were to do a simple LS/VTEC (Now B20/VTEC) but when the clutch went out it turned into something more. Now we plan to rebuild the motor with Sleeves, a stroker kit, rebuilt the B16a2 head I was able to buy. We are going to port and polish it and add Brian Crower ValveTrain. Then build a turbo kit to Finish it off. I haven't too done too much yet but just wanted to do a running post as I go along. I am waiting to get the Head and Block to come back from the machine shops. Also Big shout out to Neo @ Neogarage https://neogarageonline.com for helping me with all these parts I need and getting them to me super fast & Super Special thanks to Moe at https://www.realstreetperformance.com/ for helping me make a list of parts I need and helping me find them. All Machine work was done by Keith Steinmetz and his Team @ Lloyd Engineering in Brentwood, CA

so here we go

Here is the car when we bought it last year

I gave my daughter my seats from my EF so we put them in

For some reason, she wanted this shift **** my fault for naming her Katana I guess, but lucky she grew tired of it we are going to use a k tuned Pro-Circuit Shifter one now

So here is the blown up Clutch and transmission when I removed it from the car

Here is the hack job the owner did to the coolant reservoir

Here is B18 Block looks like there was an oil leak in the cylinder heads. I also had a hard time seeing the wear pattern of the pistons which was concerning.

I stripped the Transmission and cleaned it and primed and painted it with VTH ceramic paint with a clear coat I didn't remove the shift linkage I count find my shift linkage pin removal tool or anything small enough to get it out. I'll just buy something later to take it out before I reinstall it.

So far that's it. I have an act stage 3 clutch and flywheel with the pressure plate. gave her my STR throttle body and Cam Gears, my AEBS Intake manifold and my Type R valve cover with Skunk2 Spark plug wire cover. just waiting for the Head and block to come back and more parts to come in from Brian Crower. Few things we are undecided on like Main Block Girdle Golden Eagle or Z10. Fuel rail AEM/Skunk2 or???? But I'll post more as we do things with it.. any comments and opinions are greatly appreciated. I haven't done this in years since I had kids so I had a lot of mistakes Like I broke the breather box. I forgot it was there when I was removing the head from the block. Oh well. I tried to save some money by giving her things off my car, and I am going sell some things to help fund it so I can get her driving again. I post that later in the marketplace. thanks for reading guys sorry if the pics are big.

Last edited by dvsjay; 08-01-2019 at 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-09-2018, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7 Re: 1994 Integra LS/VTEC For My Daughter

Toda Racing Timing belt

Type-R Valve cover with Skunk2 Wire cover

oil Catch Can

STR 68 throttle body & STR Camgears

Skunk2 Shift **** & k tuned Pro-Circuit Shifter

ACT Street Clutch

ACT Flywheel

AEBS Power intake manifold

Skunk2 Camseal

LED headlights

Golden Eagle Vtec conversion Kit

Innovative Mounts Black Shift Linkage
Old 12-10-2018, 08:06 AM
O.G. triple O.G.

Received 217 Likes on 195 Posts
Default Re: 1994 Integra LS/VTEC For My Daughter

looks good so far. You left out an IMPORTANT PART that most people tend to ignore. STEALTH SECURITY. Make sure it's done correctly and well hidden.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I wouldn't put my kid (or even myself) in garbage knockoff seats like those. Young drivers are already accident-prone and if the seat breaks off the mounts or the reclining mechanism snaps it's going to be MUCH worse for the cars occupants. If those are actually quality seats I take that back and apologize, but based on the material, lack of logos, and the stitching, those scream ebay special.

Looks good otherwise though so I'm in for updates.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, man these were my old OBX seats she had them reupholstered, because she didn't like the color. She wanted a black and red to match her shift boot. I got them from a Opec Racing a shop back in early 2000 no ebay special.

Originally Posted by MotorMouth93
I wouldn't put my kid (or even myself) in garbage knockoff seats like those. Young drivers are already accident-prone and if the seat breaks off the mounts or the reclining mechanism snaps it's going to be MUCH worse for the cars occupants. If those are actually quality seats I take that back and apologize, but based on the material, lack of logos, and the stitching, those scream ebay special.

Looks good otherwise though so I'm in for updates.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

Did you get the weighted shift **** or standard?
Old 12-12-2018, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by wunfstgsr
Did you get the weighted shift **** or standard?
we got the weighted one
Old 12-13-2018, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dvsjay

we got the weighted one
Good job it really makes a big difference in shifting, look into replacing the trans detent springs from Speed factory its like $25 and takes 5 mins to install but really improves shift feel as well! I like mine.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job it really makes a big difference in shifting, look into replacing the trans detent springs from Speed factory its like $25 and takes 5 mins to install but really improves shift feel as well! I like mine.
never done that before is this
https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/s...ent-spring-kit

Is this what you are talking about if so I will definitely do that. Thank you so much...

Last edited by dvsjay; 12-13-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dvsjay
never done that before is this
https://www.speedfactoryracing.net/s...ent-spring-kit

Is this what you are talking about if so I will definitely do that. Thank you so much...
Yup! these two cheap mods made a world of a difference in how the gear box shifted, its more precise when getting in gear! but if she doesn't like it for example its too hard for her to put it in gear because it will require you to really give it a bit more preasure its easy to put the OEM spring back in!
Old 12-13-2018, 05:03 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

wow you taught your daughter to drive stick. awesome.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NVturbo
looks good so far. You left out an IMPORTANT PART that most people tend to ignore. STEALTH SECURITY. Make sure it's done correctly and well hidden.
thank you I’ll keep that in mind and you are correct about that.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup! these two cheap mods made a world of a difference in how the gear box shifted, its more precise when getting in gear! but if she doesn't like it for example its too hard for her to put it in gear because it will require you to really give it a bit more preasure its easy to put the OEM spring back in!
thank you I’ll do that .
Old 12-13-2018, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
wow you taught your daughter to drive stick. awesome.
yeah she learned to drive using a stick and even took her drivers test using a stick her integra in fact. That is Pretty much all she has driven till we decided to rebuilt it. And thanks she says thank you as well.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quick update we visited the machine shop to drop off the intake manifold and throttle body and the Skunk2 thermal throttle body gasket we just got. So they can port match everything. We were going to drop off the intake manifold gasket too but skunk sent the wrong one. hopefully, they will send the right one this coming week. Here are some pictures of the head my daughter took.

valves getting cleaned

head getting ported
Old 12-15-2018, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awesome, what a great build. I bought my son a 2000 GS-R and we've been building it and it is nearly complete. I also taught him how to drive stick on it, and he's done great with it, he's 17 years old. Oddly enough he is the only one amongst all his friends that knows how to drive stick, it's a dying skill these days among youngsters. Kudos to you for teaching your daughter. All the best.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Looks awesome, what a great build. I bought my son a 2000 GS-R and we've been building it and it is nearly complete. I also taught him how to drive stick on it, and he's done great with it, he's 17 years old. Oddly enough he is the only one amongst all his friends that knows how to drive stick, it's a dying skill these days among youngsters. Kudos to you for teaching your daughter. All the best.
Thanks, man you should post pics I would love to see the progress of your build. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-19-2018, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Another update my daughter dropped off the correct skunk2 thermal intake gasket today we got last night from skunk2 (thanks Neo for helping me get the correct part) and she also took more pics of the progress on the head. Still more to do on the head, but this is what has been fine so far.
Picture of the Brian Crower valve guides just installed

Picture of port job on the exhaust side still have polishing left.

Picture of port job so far on the intake side. You can also see the tap for vtec

Last edited by dvsjay; 12-21-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-20-2018, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 442 Likes on 384 Posts

Looking great so far, but I'd advise against running a stroker crank/rod setup with a boost application, or anything intended to see any amount of longevity/mileage.

Stick with the 89mm.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man. Yeah I will take that into advisement. I have been up and down in my head about the stroker kit. I have never done one myself, so I have no personal experience it. you have given me something to think about. Thanks, I really do appreciate it.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The build looks very well thought out and I love the attention to detail . With my son's GS-R I have given the car a mild improvement in power with intake, header, exhaust, with a decent upgrade in handling and braking. As much as I would love to boost the car I want to \avoid giving him a dramatic boost in power until such time as he gets some track time with the car and matures a bit more (17 years old)

Last edited by zeroptzero; 12-20-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, I tried to go that route too but took a turn when I ripped apart the block and that is where things started to fall apart. So I figured what the hell I had some parts for my drag car already I have been getting over the years so I figured I'll just gift it to her and just built the rest around it. I just feel bad this is going to take longer than we first originally hoped.

All I can tell her is:
Old 12-21-2018, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^ LOL, so true. yeah builds like this always tend to go longer than expected, I know mine is. I was hoping to have had it on the road at the end of summer , but the seized suspension bolts on the rear end really slowed me down. One I figured it wasn't going to get done for early fall 2018 I decided to ratchet up the mods and get it all done as a winter project, so ready to go in spring 2019. Your patience is showing in the results, can't beat that.
Old 12-21-2018, 12:59 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

GJ so far.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018
GJ so far.
thanks man