Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Technical Forums > Tech/Misc
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search


Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!


Reply
 
 
 
submit to reddit
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego , CA
Posts: 128
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default j32 swaps

I heard a lot about these swaps... Anyone know the cost to put them in an EK and are they worth it? And are they easier than a K swap or just as much work? Thanks
EKcoupe1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:08 PM   #2
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
KWayRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MS, USA
Posts: 960
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Have not seen one in an EK yet. I think they are better than than the K myself. THe K is not really any more work than any other swap, but it is WAY more money.
KWayRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego , CA
Posts: 128
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWayRacing View Post
Have not seen one in an EK yet. I think they are better than than the K myself. THe K is not really any more work than any other swap, but it is WAY more money.
Well what about money? You know how much it will cost to put the J in a car?
EKcoupe1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
KWayRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MS, USA
Posts: 960
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Add it up. J32
4000 driveline mounted
+ 1500 make it run.
______
5500= The price of a K20 Type R with tranny sitting on dock,alone, waiting to be picked up, combined with everything required to complete the driveline AND make it run.
I would say another 4K to get the k20 in and running/tuned.

Obviously you can do it a little cheaper with good resources, but even still that is 4 k more. For less than the difference I still can buy an already swapped EF, boost 10psi not deal with higher priced parts across the board and make the same power. However, any mod to either the J or K (psi in some way/ Nitrous) and you then crossed stock internal capacity of the B series...I know there are exceptions). Of course everyone on HT would love a K20R or J32 swapped or even OE vehicle, but.....
KWayRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego , CA
Posts: 128
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWayRacing View Post
Add it up. J32
4000 driveline mounted
+ 1500 make it run.
______
5500= The price of a K20 Type R with tranny sitting on dock,alone, waiting to be picked up, combined with everything required to complete the driveline AND make it run.
I would say another 4K to get the k20 in and running/tuned.

Obviously you can do it a little cheaper with good resources, but even still that is 4 k more. For less than the difference I still can buy an already swapped EF, boost 10psi not deal with higher priced parts across the board and make the same power. However, any mod to either the J or K (psi in some way/ Nitrous) and you then crossed stock internal capacity of the B series...I know there are exceptions). Of course everyone on HT would love a K20R or J32 swapped or even OE vehicle, but.....
So i guess a lot of the money spent is the misc. parts to get it in the car , like the mounts and etc?
EKcoupe1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #6
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
paton5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 669
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

I'm doing a J32 Integra swap and it will be pretty cheap for me to do it. I got my engine and 6 spd trans from an '05 TL for $700 CDN. A steal, I know.

Mounts and axles from HASport were $800 CDN with shipping. I need some misc parts so I'm budgeting $600-$700 for those and I can do all the wiring myself. For the power I'll make, I'd do this over a K any day.

Not to mention everyone and their mother wants to do a K swap. The J might be a new horse in the stable, but it has a tonne of potential.

My build will be cheap because I'm resourceful, and I can do all the work in my own garage with my own tools. If you don't have the necessary skills, it will be very expensive.
__________________
96 DC4 - J32A2 Swap
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=42761780
paton5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #7
Junior Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Vtran4600's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Michigan, United States
Posts: 66
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

I talked to Hasports a few week ago, look like mount for the ek are coming soon but you need to have an eg rear cross member, still waiting for the release so I can install my swap
Vtran4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
paton5g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 669
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtran4600 View Post
I talked to Hasports a few week ago, look like mount for the ek are coming soon but you need to have an eg rear cross member, still waiting for the release so I can install my swap
You can use the EG mounts if you weld in a drivers side mount from an EG. A guy on J32a.com has done it with ease and I'm sure he'll answer any questions you have. Check it out.
__________________
96 DC4 - J32A2 Swap
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=42761780
paton5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 150
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

I bought the eg mounts and worked fine for my Ek.

Click the image to open in full size.
splatV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #10
Honda-Tech Member
1999 Honda Civic
 
roadsqueegy95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bedford,PA
Posts: 1,052
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

damn makes me wanna drop my boosted b16 outta my em1 for a J!!
__________________
Get your honda-tech.com decals....on sale now!!
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2573880
www.AbsoluteCustomsLLC.com
roadsqueegy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
reyracerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: van nuys, ca, united states
Posts: 739
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to reyracerx
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatV6 View Post
I bought the eg mounts and worked fine for my Ek.

Click the image to open in full size.
WOW! props
first one i seen on another civic besides the civic from hasport. looks beefy in there.
__________________
My COUPEtastic build
CaMp1320 mOtOrSpOrT
Do*it dyno
reyracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
TunerN00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA, United States
Posts: 7,430
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatV6 View Post
I bought the eg mounts and worked fine for my Ek.
Hey splatV6, does your hood close with the J in there?
TunerN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #13
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
reyracerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: van nuys, ca, united states
Posts: 739
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to reyracerx
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerN00b View Post
Hey splatV6, does your hood close with the J in there?
am pretty sure thats a hellllls to the no! lol
__________________
My COUPEtastic build
CaMp1320 mOtOrSpOrT
Do*it dyno
reyracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #14
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
hondaboy4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,921
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to hondaboy4life
Default Re: j32 swaps

visit j32a.com. There's tons of info on there. I am currently running a '03 TL-S swap in my teg. I loovveeee it. Torque is amazing and i get to beat the crap out of it since its a stock motor I'd say it totalled out to about 4k to do the swap. Also a company is about to release prototype mounts that when you use a newer style intake manifold the hood WILL close without cutting
__________________
Those who risk nothing, do nothing
achieve nothing, become nothing.
hondaboy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Kevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: MIRAMAR, FL
Posts: 3,418
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

I wonder what the ground clearance will be if they lower the motor enough to close the hood.
__________________
90 Integra K20 turbo
Custom Marine Sales
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 150
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyracerx View Post
am pretty sure thats a hellllls to the no! lol
I think your a little jealous
And yes, the hood does close.
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I wonder what the ground clearance will be if they lower the motor enough to close the hood.
Not good, the way this beast sits its perfect.
Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
splatV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #17
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
reyracerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: van nuys, ca, united states
Posts: 739
iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to reyracerx
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatV6 View Post
I think your a little jealous
And yes, the hood does close.
Click the image to open in full size.

wellllll nooo ****! with that hood that looks like kingkongs nostrils which looks like it been customized more of coarse itll close lol.
let me see you try that with a stock hood now
__________________
My COUPEtastic build
CaMp1320 mOtOrSpOrT
Do*it dyno
reyracerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #18
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Diego , CA
Posts: 128
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by paton5g View Post
I'm doing a J32 Integra swap and it will be pretty cheap for me to do it. I got my engine and 6 spd trans from an '05 TL for $700 CDN. A steal, I know.

Mounts and axles from HASport were $800 CDN with shipping. I need some misc parts so I'm budgeting $600-$700 for those and I can do all the wiring myself. For the power I'll make, I'd do this over a K any day.

Not to mention everyone and their mother wants to do a K swap. The J might be a new horse in the stable, but it has a tonne of potential.

My build will be cheap because I'm resourceful, and I can do all the work in my own garage with my own tools. If you don't have the necessary skills, it will be very expensive.
O ok , so is the wiring similiar to the K or is it easier? And what kinda 1/4 times do you think you will have? Ive seen a few on youtube run real good and others run high 13's i know that is still good but the ones i seen run better i could have swore they were running 12's.
EKcoupe1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: N.Y.
Posts: 150
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

I have a friend with a J32 type s that pulled 12.8 in the 1/4 mile.
And his motor is all stock with stock trans......but now he's going turbo.
splatV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 AM   #20
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
89simajewski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Temperance, mi, usa
Posts: 33
iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Re: j32 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatV6 View Post
I bought the eg mounts and worked fine for my Ek.

Click the image to open in full size.
That is frigin sweet, I notice its a j35 not 32 what car did come from TL type-s ?
89simajewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 42
iTrader Rating: (0)
garagenumber.seven
Default Re: j32 swaps

35 is prob out of a pilot. what subframe did you use ? im a noobz
__________________
Bystrov is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
submit to reddit
Reply

Tags
crx, ek, forum, honda, horsepower, integra, j32, j32a, k20, k20a, mounts, performance, prelude, swap, swaps, tl

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB complete gsr swap hatch34 Northwest (Sales) 2 04-02-2014 06:16 AM
F20B to EG Swap Bmocc Hybrid/Engine swaps 2 12-07-2013 09:12 PM
_____**** 1997 Integra Type R Swap LEGIT ***_______ DoNDoNJJJ For Sale 25 10-27-2012 06:40 PM
K20 complete for swap? FuriousDRT K Series 4 10-15-2012 12:24 PM
WTB: complete B-series swap VtecCarHauler Florida (Sales) 2 09-28-2012 06:47 AM



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:59 PM.



2014 Copyright, InternetBrands Inc.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Honda and the Honda marquee are registered trademarks of the American Honda Motor Company, Inc. Neither American Honda Motor Company nor its subsidiaries or affiliates shall bear any responsibility for Honda-Tech.com content, comments, or advertising. Honda-Tech.com is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Company in any way. American Honda Motor Company does not sponsor, support, or endorse Honda-Tech.com in any way. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.
Emails & Contact Details