Well, I did a quick search and didn't see it. Really easy task, but this how-to could be helpful for those who are at it for the first time. This is one of several times I've done this, and it took me 20min. You can expect 30min to an hr. or so if you follow directions, don't run into probs(which everyone always does), and if it's your first time
This documentation was done for an ek civic hatch.
Hope this helps. Pretty much applies to all Honda/Acura window setups for the most part.
(If power window, you'd unplug all wiring from pwr windows and door locks)
1. Remove tweeter cover plastic
2. Remove screw from door arm rest tray
3. Remove screw from behind door handle(you can see it when you pull handle to open door
4. Remove window handle(this is a little tricky - see pics).
5. Remove door panel(don't be shy, yank on it, only little plastic clips holding it in snug).
6. Remove 6 bolts, then 2 bolts that are kinda hidden and holding the glass to the regulator
7. Pull glass out and set aside, pull window regulator out and replace with new one
8. Reverse install.
9. Sit back, relax, and have a drink while being glad you saved some $$ instead of taking it to a mechanic!
Tools needed list: 10mm socket/ratchet, 10mm wrench,
needlenose pliers, phillips screwdriver, flathead screwdriver:
-Remove tweeter cover 1st; just pull on it:
-Remove phillips screw in armrest on door panel, pull plastic:
-Remove phillips screw behind door handle, pull out plastic:
-The stubborn pin that holds the window handle in place:
window handle removed:
-There's prob. a better way, but i used a flathead screwdriver
to pull the little metal hook pin that holds the handle on, then
needle-nose pliers to pull it all the way out:
- after the two screws are out(door handle and arm pocket) and window handle removed
then you just pull the inner door panel off. it has 4-5 plastic clips
holding it in like the one my finger is touching here:
Shows the 6 bolts of the 8 to be removed - marked with green paper
There are 2 more bolts on the bottom of the glass that can't be seen
as they are inside the door:
my pinky is touching the 7th bolt to be removed, 8th is parallel
and on other end of glass. I recommend you hold the glass like this as you
remove the 6th bolt(last outside bolt) so that the glass won't fall and
removing last of 6 bolts:
7th bolt to remove(attached to glass track):
Yank that regulator out(slides out of big hole in door pretty easily):
This is how the glass & regulator are connected inside the door; you
can now see the two bolts on the bottom of glass - these are the 2 of
the 8 i did not have marked in 1st pic:
Optional to remove/loosen this bolt to the window track; it helps
when putting the glass back on track(one track on each side):
Common rule of thumb for mechanics - don't tighten any bolts til
you have them all a little threaded. I put everything back together, then
tighten all the bolts:
- car worked on--> 96 ek civic hatch, 97k original miles d16y7, lowered
on skunk 2 coilovers, hx wheels, 2000 front end conversion, fog lights,