Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

My frustrating experience with Hollywood Honda and check engine light OBD P1382

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My frustrating experience with Hollywood Honda and check engine light OBD P1382

I brought in my Accord today to Hollywood Honda because my check engine light kept coming on. Previously, a week back, I took an OBD2 Actron computer and a P1XXX code came up regarding my catalytic converter. I can't remember the code as of now. I looked up the code on the internet. Primarily lots of people got the code because their catalytic converter went bad. I thought my Accord had the same problem. So I took it to the dealership thinking I had the same code and problem.

Hollywood called me back and said that the code that they are reading is P1382 - Cylinder Position Sensor. The dealer said this is an intermittent error and just ignore it. Frustratingly, they are charging me $85.00. Granted they did do the work and verified that the sensor was okay. Still, it is allot of money.

I guess I more upset at Honda. I get a code that means nothing and different from what I got earlier. More importantly, I got a code which means nothing and nothing is being done except I have to pay the $85 bill.

So, next time I thought, when the check engine light comes on, then verify it is the cat converter. If it is, then do not reset it and bring it straight to the dealer...WRONG. The dealer will reset the code and give me back the car and see if it happens again. I cant win!

In closing, I do not know when to believe if the check engine light. Is this a manufacturer scam? It sure feels like it. Check engine light comes on, bring it to dealer, they say ignore it, pay the bill...ouch. : { The lesson I learned. Know your code, research it, reset it multiple times to see if the same code comes up, ignore if it is not the same code. Better yet. Tell Honda to stick their code ....well thanks for listening. Sorry I had to vent. Hope you got something out of this.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:50 PM

Try reading your own codes...

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=682412
Old 07-22-2004, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Grodzman)

I did read the code. My point was that when I reset the code, a different code came up when I brought it to the dealer. Furthermore, the dealer tells me it is an intermittent error and I get charged $85.00.

thank you for the link...
Old 07-22-2004, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My frustrating experience with Hollywood Honda and check engine light OBD P1382 (arielb1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by arielb1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The lesson I learned. Know your code, research it, reset it multiple times to see if the same code comes up, ignore if it is not the same code. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yup, thats the way to deal with it.

FWIW - any code with the cat is a multiple trip code. meaning you'll have to drive the car at least twice before it will throw the code again.