Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction...

Ok Here's My Current Setup...

1995 Acura Integra LS (2Dr)

Engine Modifications
Inline Pro T03/T04 Hybrid Turbo
TurboSmart Wastegate (5psi)
SRP Manual Boost Controller
Inline Pro Turbo Manifold
Precision Pro Intercooler
Greddy Type-S Blow Off Valve
Vortech Fuel Management Unit
Walboro 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
Aluminum Piping
MAP Sensor Bypass
Custom Racing Downpipe
Custom Straight Pipe
Ractive Muffler
OBX Breather Filter
OBX Intake Filter
NGK Spark Plugs- One Step Colder
10W30 Mobile One Synthetic Oil
Stock B18B (LS) Internals
B&M Sport Short Throw Shifter
Energy Suspension Shifter Stabilizer Bushings
Prothane Motor Mount Inserts
-Driver & Passenger Side Mounts

Fuel Specifications
92 Octane Fuel (Chevron Pump Gas- Supreme)
(Nitrous Oxide Systems Octane Booster- Racing Formula)

Weight Reduction Specifications
ABS & Cruise Control Removed
Carbon Fiber Hood
Stock GSR 15" Rims
Spare Tire Removed
1/2 Tank Fuel

Ok at the drags i was running low 14's with my Dunlop SP Sport FM901 tires @ 25 psi...

Last month i borrowed my friends Yokohama Advan Competition Tires @ 20 psi and broke into the 13's...

So what I'm wondering now, is what type of tire should i purchase... Keeping in mind that i want something to last long, yet provide good traction... So pretty much slicks are out of the question...

Here is what I've heard are good suggestions so far...

BFgoodrich G-Force
Yokohama Advan
Falken Azenis

does anyone know if these tires will last long? or are they specifically for drag purposes... any help would be great! mahalo!

Here's my drag results...

Reaction- .529
60 FT- 2.198
ET @ 594 FT- 8.431
1/8 ET- 8.954
1/8 MPH- 86.04
1/4 ET- 13.717
1/4 MPH- 101.99 (Usually trap at 104, was a bracket race, and i broke out...)

13.717s@101.99mph @ 7psi Boost
(This run was on the Yokohama Advan Competition Tires)

Old 07-08-2004, 11:11 AM

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (bukbukintegra)

cudos for a decent first post.

honestly there really isnt such a thing as a street tire with amazing grip that will give u a decent tred life. all that said i have to recomend the falkins. ive gone threw 4 sets and i wouldnt have any other tire for the street. although they dont comply with snow very well.

overall: falkin
Old 07-08-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (bukbukintegra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bukbukintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Last month i borrowed my friends Yokohama Advan Competition Tires @ 20 psi and broke into the 13's...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by bukbukintegra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">13.717s@101.99mph @ 7psi Boost
(This run was on the Yokohama Advan Competition Tires)</TD></TR></TABLE>

So which is it, 20 PSI or 7 PSI? There is a big difference....

Good runs though, how are you running 20 PSI on a stock bottom end? I am building up a LS turbo and I am seeing what everyone has.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (spoonfed95)

ummm, i think he meant 20 PSI in the TIRES

i personally like the Proxes 4 handles everything i need
Old 07-08-2004, 02:28 PM

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (G1_TEGGY)

And the stupid award goes to..........ME
Old 07-08-2004, 02:42 PM

yoko sticks well.. people like the parada spec 2's stickiness. i have yet to try them.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I like the proxies t1-s had a set on my stock 15" wheels. The first 6months they were so damn sticky u could here them grippin **** on the ground when the window was down at low speeds. They lost this after about 6months and i ended up ridin them for 1yr total.

I got my eyes on those advan tires from what i hear they perform well. Thinking i might try a 205/40/17 when im due for rubber.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Yea... sorry about that, just to clarify once again

the 20psi and was the tire pressure...

all my times are recorded at 7psi of boost...

also, i will look more into the toyo tire brands, as to i have not yet researched that... haha...

but i would still like to hear more one what everyone has to say... so far i'm leaning toward the yokohama brand and their selection...
Old 07-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went from 712's to Azenis and traction was COMPLETELY different. I can hook in 1st gear now from a roll, no ****. Its nuts.

I cant imagine a better tire that compromises decent mileage and grip for the street every day. If you dont need this much grip, Id go for a tire with longer life...but if youre making the power that needs that straight line traction, theyre awesome.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (newgsrdriver)

azenis arent a great drag tire, they have a hard sidewall (better for roadcourses, not drag). the azenis will grip like hell, but they are gonna be pretty ****** hard to launch. those are the only tires i have experience with. oh and btw, nice times
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (verticle)

See, thats what people say, yet I also see everyone cutting 2.0 60's on them consistently. With the grip they give, I cant imagine theyd be harder to launch than any other street tire if done properly.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (newgsrdriver)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by newgsrdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">See, thats what people say, yet I also see everyone cutting 2.0 60's on them consistently. With the grip they give, I cant imagine theyd be harder to launch than any other street tire if done properly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, well, if you find the right psi, they will launch amazing with alot of practice, but say your at normal psi and your up next to a GT at a light, better hope you can run him down, because your not gonna stay with him on the launch.

basically, at the right psi (lower than usual obviously) they will perform very good launches, but not at normal tire pressume, because of the hard sidewall.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Standing on the corner selling cocaine, rippin shows live on stage for hoes yellin my name

BFG Drag Radials, They are street legal will give you the best grip and are DOT compliant, I WOULDN'T use Azenis, they have too stiff a sidewall. Maybe try some Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Poles, I have heard excellent things about them.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (JDMThoughts)

Driving around on Drag radials every single day is just impractical. Who can afford BFGs every 3000 miles?

Azenis aren't perfect, but for street tires that offer the grip we need with decent mileage, I dont see anything better on the market. ESPECIALLY at the price.

As for the stiff sidewalls...again, theres a difference between real world evaluation and paper evaluation. Dudes cut consistent 2.0 60's on them...I dont care if the sidewalls are steel, if they get results, thats all that matters.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by newgsrdriver &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Driving around on Drag radials every single day is just impractical. Who can afford BFGs every 3000 miles?

Azenis aren't perfect, but for street tires that offer the grip we need with decent mileage, I dont see anything better on the market. ESPECIALLY at the price.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly, a shop here was gonna get me a set for 300 but then they couldnt get any. anways, yes obviously no tires will do everything you want, but azenis are gonna be pretty damn close to it for not too much $$
Old 07-09-2004, 10:33 AM

anyone know any good online shops to purchase tires? i've been going to http://www.tirerack.com for research and purchase options... if anyone else knows a good online site please post here... thanks!
Old 07-09-2004, 01:00 PM

http://www.1010tires.com
Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Suggestions for a street tire with excellent traction... (G1_TEGGY)

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions
I've had Falken Azenis, kuhmo 712, and nittos (while ago so I don't remember the series), and yok parada spec.
I love my potenza S-03 poles; 110 on the highway feels like 70, this is taking curves. Only thing is they pick up everything constantly checking for road debris.
I also liked my azenis, but found them a bit on the heavy side.