Notices
Audio / Security / Video Sound Systems, Alarms, Electronics

Hwo do I disconnect my power antenna???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hwo do I disconnect my power antenna???

Well its not on my car but on my girlfriends 4 runner. Her power antenna retracter thing is broken, you know the thing that makes the antenna go up and down. She only listens to CD's and never the radion so she really doesnt need the antenna up, nor have the desire to fix it. So one day I pused it down because I was going to put it in the car wash. Now everytime I change the CD or turn of the car, I can hear the motor making an annoying noise, I guess trying to pull the antenna back down.

So my question is how do I disconnect the antenna so it doesnt make that noise anymore? Should I remove a fuse? Should I try disconnecting it from the radio? Please help me out here, any info would help.
Old 04-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hwo do I disconnect my power antenna??? (JDM_Bug)

hmmm... im sure you could alwayz find the power antenna wire behind the stereo and disconnect that.. or if it would be easier, disconnect the power wires near the antenna motor.
Old 04-24-2004, 08:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Hwo do I disconnect my power antenna??? (john666)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by john666 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hmmm... im sure you could alwayz find the power antenna wire behind the stereo and disconnect that.. or if it would be easier, disconnect the power wires near the antenna motor.</TD></TR></TABLE>

ok, a question for you. Did the antenna use to go up when the radio was on, and come back down when the CD mode was selected? If so, then you can just cut the power antenna wire and you're fine. But if the antenna was up any time the head unit its self was on, then cutting that wire may not be an option.

Alot of toyota's, such as the 4runner, use a small factory amp located down behind the radio to run the speakers. If you just cut the power antenna signal wire, you'll also be cutting the factory amp's turn on signal wire. if you do this you'll have no audio at all. In that case you'll have to actually disconnect the signal wire from the antenna unit its self, or somewhere between where the signal wire turns on the factory amp and the antenna unit its self.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Hwo do I disconnect my power antenna??? (JDM_Bug)

http://www.team-integra.net/se...ID=74