Notices
Hybrid / Engine Swaps Discussions about non-stock engine swaps into Honda cars. This is not a forum for hybrid gas/electric cars.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (patastinky)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Anyone willing ti write up a diagram of which wires/plugs go where w/ pics? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will, I am busy thou. I will try to get it today.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">(3)wire Yel/wht -- Red/Blu -- Grn/ Wht &lt;&lt; i think this is the Throttle Angle Sensor &lt;&lt;</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, it is TPS.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (turbogixxer)

Thank you very much! That would help me out alot, and i think it would be essential for this thread as well!
Old 03-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got 96 Civic with an h22 in it and i dont think i wired up the IAC right. 3 wires thats supposed to be converted into two wires right?

i thought i matched up the right ones but i still get the IAC code. help please
Old 03-23-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: (marshun)

theres no conversion, you just lengthen.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">theres no conversion, you just lengthen.</TD></TR></TABLE>

so im not gonna use the orange wire?

cause the civic harness has 3 wires (DX) and the h22 has 2.

i dont see another sensor thats using the same 3 colors as the IAC.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:39 PM

Default Re: (marshun)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by marshun &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so im not gonna use the orange wire?

cause the civic harness has 3 wires (DX) and the h22 has 2.

i dont see another sensor thats using the same 3 colors as the IAC. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm.... that doesnt sound right at all. Unless there is a huge difference between ek and eg iac wiring (which i doubt). The IAC is only 2 wires (blue black and yellow black). Not sure where you're gettin this 3 wire thing from. Mine is a dx too and i just had to lengthen those wires.

I just ran downstairs to my garage and checked and there are only 3 connections in the immediate vicinity of the IAC that have a 3 wire connector. They are MAP, EGR and TPS. Now I know for a fact that MAP and TPS do NOT have an orange wire (MAP has a pink wire that could be mistaken for orange) going to thier respective connectors. EGR valve lift sensor shouldnt either (should be red/white, white/black, and green/white).

So I dunno man, unless like i said before, there is a huge difference in harness wiring between the eg and the ek.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (AudioFuct)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AudioFuct &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmm.... that doesnt sound right at all. Unless there is a huge difference between ek and eg iac wiring (which i doubt). The IAC is only 2 wires (blue black and yellow black). Not sure where you're gettin this 3 wire thing from. Mine is a dx too and i just had to lengthen those wires.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

He has a EK. Honda changed to a rotary IACV (3-wires). The 3-wire IACV replaced the Fast idle vavle for cold start.

marshun, Search a user by the name of "katman" in hybrid. He made a big thread about EK swaps.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:09 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Honda changed to a rotary IACV (3-wires). The 3-wire IACV replaced the Fast idle vavle for cold start.</TD></TR></TABLE>

AH! I did not know this. Thanks gixxer.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He has a EK. Honda changed to a rotary IACV (3-wires). The 3-wire IACV replaced the Fast idle vavle for cold start.

marshun, Search a user by the name of "katman" in hybrid. He made a big thread about EK swaps.</TD></TR></TABLE>

awesome. thanks!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:44 PM
sohcvtec66

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (poison)

Nice car man, but when you put the prelude or accord linkage in the car, for the shifter, ive learned a trick if you cut threw the fire wall, to connect, it will shift much smoother
Old 03-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (sohcvtec66)

ok i got another question after i looked at that other thread..

for my iac valve (h22 into an obd2a ek) do i have to switch the blackblue wire to the A12 pinout? cause i cleaned that iac valve, i triple checked the wires and everything matches up. but when i look for the wire in the A clip on the ecu side its in A14. then i looked at that thread he switched it to A12. but that was for a b18 swap obd1. i wonder if thats the same?

EDIT: i just tried it and the IAC code went away! finally

time to try and make this TPS code go away and then im set!

Modified by marshun at 12:27 AM 3/25/2005
Old 03-25-2005, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (poison)

what colors are #'s 1-4 w/ the civic harness attached?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
(1)wire Grn/BLk auto position switch
(1)wire Yel/Red
(1)wire Yellow/Green
(2)wire Red/Wht -- Grn/Wht ECT
(2)wire Yellow -- Grn/Blk
(2)wire Yellow/Blk -- RED purge
(2)wire Red/Yel( could be Red/wht) -- Grn/wht
(2)wire Blu/Yel -- Yel/BLk IACV</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have like 5 mins into it. I busy, so will try to get more done. If you get pics and/or positon(s) of where the plugs are in the harness, it will make my job easier.
Old 03-25-2005, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (patastinky)

what colors are #'s 1-4 w/ the civic harness attached?</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turbogixxer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have like 5 mins into it. I busy, so will try to get more done. If you get pics and/or positon(s) of where the plugs are in the harness, it will make my job easier.</TD></TR></TABLE>

alright ill try to get some pics to you tomorrow. i stopped messing with it for the night, im at my girls house now.

if u could just tell me the plug colors for 1-4 id be 90 percent done. thanks turbogixxer
Old 03-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (patastinky)

if u could just tell me the plug colors for 1-4 id be 90 percent done. thanks turbogixxer </TD></TR></TABLE>

You mean in the picture? or your list?
Old 03-26-2005, 06:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (turbogixxer)

in the picture above. If i could know the color of the plugs that go to sensors 1-4. That would help alot.

the other plugs i pretty much got down.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

we have a cx hatch. if we use an EX harness off a d16z6, do we still have to add the 3 wires to the ecu for the 02 sensor or is the chassis ecu harness prewired for the 4 wire?
Old 03-26-2005, 11:07 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by patastinky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">in the picture above. If i could know the color of the plugs that go to sensors 1-4. That would help alot.

the other plugs i pretty much got down. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Im workin on it too man, just been busy today.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:51 PM

I want to make some things clear, can i plug the prelude wire which has the fuel injection, alternator, ignition coil wires on it, and plug it to the civic main harness without cutting and re soldering? is that possible or do i have to cut off the civic injector clips off and solder the prelude ones on and cut a section on the wire for the resistor pack?
Old 03-26-2005, 03:23 PM

i was confused on the crank fluctuation sensor

okay i was looking at this unit here and the 98 ex has three wires.

the stock cps sensor has four wires on the sensor itself (00' h22a4)

the integra cps sensor has two wires on the sensor

so i guess my question is how did you fix this problem?did you use a single cam one somehow? did you put the integra one in there? did you use the one that comes with the h22 and just repin it to get it to work?
Old 03-26-2005, 05:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

alright ill try to get some pics to you tomorrow. i stopped messing with it for the night, im at my girls house now.

if u could just tell me the plug colors for 1-4 id be 90 percent done. thanks turbogixxer </TD></TR></TABLE>
1-grn/wht, red/wht
2-yel/grn
3- That is the knock sensor, EGs (all trims) do not have knock sensors, You have to take it off your h22a harness (it is a red/blu wire, but it has a shield on the wire, so it should be a thick blue wire).
4-yel/red

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> can i plug the prelude wire which has the fuel injection?</TD></TR></TABLE>

The only different in a hold and peak injector clip and a sat. injector clip is that there is a tab in the middle (inside) of the clip. If you cut that tab out, the civic injector clips will work.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">alternator, ignition coil wires on it,</TD></TR></TABLE>

alt, you will have to extend it either way.

The ignition coil, it matters the: 1) civic harness 2) If the dizzy is USDM or JDM. A EG with a JDM swap will be plug and play.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECR021 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">cut a section on the wire for the resistor pack?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can just repin the injector wires (conjunction connector) to the resister box. The most you willl have to solder is one wire. Wanabefast did a write up on it at like the 8th page.

SprayinCX, few questions.

What OBD (and year) ECU are you going to run?

What OBD dizzy are you going to run?
Old 03-26-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (turbogixxer)

turbogixxer i am going to run a obd-2 distributor and a 96 prelude ecu.

what i am going for is to pass emissions with the h22 swap instead of taking the cheap way out and swap it to obd-1.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (SprayinCX)

i got a code 43 too. and i was looking at the wiring diagrams for the injectors between the civic and the prelude.

when the h22 was in my civic, the person wiring up my motor just cut the injector resistor pack off and crimped all the wires together. and that would make the injector diagram the same as the civic. so im guessing my problem is my fuel filter or my fuel pump?

im stumped on this one cause i already tried putting in a resistor box too and it doesnt make a difference.

edit: changed fuel filter and code is gone. old fuel filter i guess.

i now have a code 12! egr valve lift sensor. im guessing the egr is fucked and doesnt work too hot. double checked the wiring and it seems good.

Modified by marshun at 9:58 PM 3/27/2005
Old 03-27-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: [FAQ] H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here (marshun)

I see this post is still going on strong.. Good stuff..
Old 03-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

1-grn/wht, red/wht
2-yel/grn
3- That is the knock sensor, EGs (all trims) do not have knock sensors, You have to take it off your h22a harness (it is a red/blu wire, but it has a shield on the wire, so it should be a thick blue wire).
4-yel/red

The only different in a hold and peak injector clip and a sat. injector clip is that there is a tab in the middle (inside) of the clip. If you cut that tab out, the civic injector clips will work.

alt, you will have to extend it either way.

The ignition coil, it matters the: 1) civic harness 2) If the dizzy is USDM or JDM. A EG with a JDM swap will be plug and play.

You can just repin the injector wires (conjunction connector) to the resister box. The most you willl have to solder is one wire. Wanabefast did a write up on it at like the 8th page.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thank you gixxer, that helps me out alot.

One more plug/sensor. It's the one that is almost on the back of the motor but it's still on the passenger side. It's on the thermostate housing. Is it a BRN-BLK wire (2wires one BROWN and one BLack)

Thanks again for all your help

Quick Reply: [FAQ] ***H22A into Civic EG/EK INFORMATION Post all H22A Hybrid info here***