Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Owning an R worth the hassle?

Old 08-12-2003, 11:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (H-PIMP)

If you can afford a Cobra, you might as well consider these too:

AWD launches with great midrange & top end, it wont run out of breath uptop like the Evo and STi will. Not to mention the R32 actually weighs less than the Evo, and can push 600hp with relative ease.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:28 PM
New User

Default Re: (ITR OWNERS) Is owning an R worth the hassle? (Cosworth)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cosworth &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Worth it to drive? yes.
Worth it to daily drive? no.
Worth it to own? if you have money burning a hole in your pocket.

I don't think STi is any safer to own than an R. Give it another year before STi gets on the theft list. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Amen, well said.

If your reason for getting rid of the R is for theft reasons, theres not much point in getting the STI to replace it.

Here in Australia it is completely the opposite way around. The WRX/STI's are in the top 10 stolen cars list... whereas Type R's are hardly EVER touched by thefts.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (VariouS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VariouS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you can afford a Cobra, you might as well consider these too:

It's a nice thought. But I actually like things like Warranty, dealer supprt network, and parts availablity so that pretty much rules out any Skyline. A 6spd G35 coupe w/aero pkg on the other hand....

AWD launches with great midrange & top end, it wont run out of breath uptop like the Evo and STi will. Not to mention the R32 actually weighs less than the Evo, and can push 600hp with relative ease. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-13-2003, 08:01 AM

I live in BC. There are so many other un-protected Type-R's the theives could steal so i don't have to worry that much...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VariouS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you can afford a Cobra, you might as well consider these too:

AWD launches with great midrange & top end, it wont run out of breath uptop like the Evo and STi will. Not to mention the R32 actually weighs less than the Evo, and can push 600hp with relative ease. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i want 1
Old 08-13-2003, 08:06 AM
.RJ

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hard to find places for service/get parts, no warranty, higher insurance, the hassle of owning such a car....

No thanks.

RJ
Old 08-13-2003, 10:23 AM
Oracle of GDD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (.RJ)

It would be a little harder to service, but it's a Nissan, not a Ferrari.

Warranty - so many of us have voided all or parts of them it's not even funny.

RHD would be the only PITA (that, and the cost) of owning a Skyline here. I'd love an R33 for track use.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:47 AM
.RJ

Default Re: (Ross)

The "uniqueness" of the car carries some value.

But that doesnt overshadow all the other issues for me to own one. At least not now... If you can "afford" a Cobra, you're probably financing it. For a Skyline, you'd need to pay cash - not sure who's going to finance that.

RJ
Old 08-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ITR OWNERS) Is owning an R worth the hassle? (H-PIMP)

i love my R to death, but I dont know if I can keep it without modding the hell out of it...thinking of trading in for a '02 S2000
Old 08-13-2003, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default pout...

There is no comparison and or explanation good enough, especially being an owner of an R, if this car is worth all the hassle. A technology more than 10 years old and still the benchmark for all other imports out there.... I think that speaks for itself. A benchmark that I still think has not yet been broken regardless of what other car makers have assembled these days, and it may never will be surpassed.

I have to say I too have contemplated on that question for a LONG time now since the first day I got the ITR almost 3 years ago. Questions of safety and also how people will be envous with me because I own an ITR and so on and so forth.

My car has been pampered but it has been used as it is ment to be... A car, an object, a material thing. One that I have purchased with money and has depreciated as it left the dealership... As much as I love the itr, I too have looked into other vehicles to replace it but once I step out of the showroom and I see her sitting there, that nice bright yellow and deep black tint coupled with her nice stems makes me rethink of my decision to let her go. I pray to god this car will never be tampered with and I pray that this car last me till my graduation from medschool. But in the back of my head, I have truly reserved the thoughts that one day, I can walkout of class and expect it not to be there...

But as material things go, you get pissed and you get hurt and you feel it financially also, but think that it is and always will be a material object as much as I hate to say it...

So I'd have to say... Its worth my troubles right now...
Old 08-13-2003, 02:48 PM

Default Re: (.RJ)

.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by .RJ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hard to find places for service/get parts, no warranty, higher insurance, the hassle of owning such a car....

No thanks.

RJ</TD></TR></TABLE>

Insurance on them actually isnt that much, some of the guys on freshalloy.com are paying $600 per year in some cases.

As far as financing, Rbmotoring.com is a dealer and will deal directly with peoplefirst.com. They get their cars legalized by MotoRex, but they are also going to become an RI soon.

But I can understand the warranty issue.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A 6spd G35 coupe w/aero pkg on the other hand.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Very sexy car, and the GReddy TT kit is carb legal, 12 sec 1/4ths.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:53 PM
New User

it's not worth the hassle when you get harassed by cops on top of having to worry about thieves all the time... i hate owning my type-r and, like everyone else who owns one, love driving it. -rob