Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Castrol vs. Mobile 1??????

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Castrol vs. Mobile 1?????? (NightRider-gsR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NightRider-gsR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Just remember folks, once you go synthetic, theres no going back to using DINO oil....unless....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I believe that is a myth. Many other people think so too. What do you think Synthetic Blend is? I never had a problem switching back and forth from Dino to Synthetic, back to dino.

I don't like the new Mobil 1 anymore, all it ever did was burn in my car, switched to Castrol, consumption went down a bit, but it was still there, regular Dino oil consumed at a much slower rate. I will just use conventional oil and change it more often.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing better than Amsoil..........it is the best!!!!
Old 07-11-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Castrol vs. Mobile 1?????? (jstyle)

I don't think there should be much diff as long as you change oil often
Old 07-11-2003, 10:52 PM

Castrol Syntec for me! My grandfather owns a quick oil change place... get the **** by the 55Gal. tanks.... get my oil changed for free... hehehe..
Old 07-12-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: (MyLittleRedCar)

Not sure if this is still true...

Castrol Syntec is made with mineral oil base stock, not synthetic stock as Mobile 1 and Pennzoil synthetic uses. Castrol processes the base stock to emulate the consistent hydrocarbon chains in synthetic oils, the chains are weaker and break down faster. This also doesen't remove the impurities since they're starting with mineral oil in the first place rather than synthesizing it in a lab.

Some FYI...
Old 07-14-2003, 03:15 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: Castrol vs. Mobile 1?????? (AzSi22)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzSi22 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I believe that is a myth. Many other people think so too. What do you think Synthetic Blend is? I never had a problem switching back and forth from Dino to Synthetic, back to dino.

I don't like the new Mobil 1 anymore, all it ever did was burn in my car, switched to Castrol, consumption went down a bit, but it was still there, regular Dino oil consumed at a much slower rate. I will just use conventional oil and change it more often.</TD></TR></TABLE>

"SYNTEC BLEND Part Synthetic is the only motor oil that is a proprietary blend of Castrol conventional oil and SYNTEC molecular components. Its synthetic blend formula provides added protection versus conventional oils for severe driving conditions. These conditions are defined in car and truck owner's manuals as stop and go traffic, towing & hauling, frequent short trips, extreme temperatures, and even idling -- conditions that you face every day\"

And as for switching back to dino oil after using synthetic...It is not a MYTH!!!
Its possible still to go back to dino oil but you are risking damage to your motor seals! NOTE: this is not recommended. Switching back and forth from dino oil to synthetic will increase the corrosion on the seals inside your motor. That's a fact. Dino oil alone does this, but in a very very slow matter.

And as for your Mobil1 oil burning, it is an idication that your seals are worn out and needs replacement. You mentioned you've been switching from dino to synthetic and I believe that was the cause.

BTW: Conventional oil = Dino Oil = Honda OEM Motor Oil = Mineral Oil
Castrol Syntec blend is different.
I recommend it for those who cannot affort Synthetic oils.
Mobil1
Redline & Amsoil - quite too expensive though

CHEERS
NRG
Old 07-14-2003, 03:18 PM
In-N-Out Burger

Default Re: (PupaScoopa)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PupaScoopa &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not sure if this is still true...

Castrol Syntec is made with mineral oil base stock, not synthetic stock as Mobile 1 and Pennzoil synthetic uses. Castrol processes the base stock to emulate the consistent hydrocarbon chains in synthetic oils, the chains are weaker and break down faster. This also doesen't remove the impurities since they're starting with mineral oil in the first place rather than synthesizing it in a lab.

Some FYI...</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct sir! Synthetic oils such as Mobil1, Amsoil to name a few contain cleaning detergents/additives that help clean out the sludge deposits inside your engine. As stated in this thread, Synthetic oils will clean out the sludge deposits left from the use of Mineral Oil. Burning Synthetic is usually due to a cause of bad or worn out motor seals from using dino oil for too long.

CHEERS
NRG