Notices
Tech / Misc Tech topics that don't seem to go elsewhere.

My H2O sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted

Old 05-02-2003, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My H2O sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted

Will the care loose performance ? Tomorrow I am having a 4 hour race in MAGNY-COURS F-1 circuit in France and the light on the dash came on when I was loading the car on the trailer. It shouldn't be a problem , but I'd like to have a confirmation that a faulty LAMBDA sensor isn't giving a negative effect on the performance of the car.

Thanks

Douglas
Old 05-02-2003, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My H2O sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted (douglas_be)

ur water sensor? hmmm? if u mean o2 sensor then yes you will lose crucial performance, s your car will run really rich
Old 05-02-2003, 12:27 PM

Default Re: My O2 sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted (hybridvteceg)

OK , I just came out of the shower and confused H2O with O2. Sorry , But the tech said that the O2 and ECU only works under 3.500 rpm , above 3.500 rmp the O2 has no influance ? And since we are always above 5.500 RPM on the track ,it shouldn be a problem ?
Old 05-02-2003, 12:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My O2 sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted (douglas_be)

umm, i dont think that matters at all./..the o2 only takes the AFR and converts it to a voltage to send your ecu, so it can tell the injectors what to do, rpms have no difference. you will get shitty gas kilometreage (in metric, lol) and ull run rich the whole time
Old 05-02-2003, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: My O2 sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted (hybridvteceg)

it may not be rpm dependant but it's definitely throttle dependent. it's not that big a deal because if you're going to be racing you'll be running at WOT most of the time anyway. You run in open loop when you're at 25% or more throttle anyway, I'm pretty sure it's 25%. Once you run in open loop the ECU isn't using the O2 sensory anyway. You will lose gas mileage and run rich when you're on the street so you do want to get that fixed but I wouldn't worry about it on the race track. It will burn out your catalytic converter pretty quick too, if you even use those over there.

Cool to see someone from across the pond!

s
Old 05-03-2003, 02:10 AM

Default Re: My O2 sensor is not working right , I get a faulty code n°1 , help wanted (stevel)

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I replaced the O2 sensor and still the same. I called my Honda tech friend again and he told me if the light only blinks once I needed to check if it was long or short and it was long (I told him it was short yesterday) , so we figured out that it was the Intake manifold temperature sensor . I am lucky to have 3 used ITR's on our parking lot ( I am a used car dealer ) and took a air temp sensor out and put it I my race car and now the lights isnt lighting up ! YES!!!!!!! Now I am leaving to the race track. The Air temp sensor is very easy to ltake of an OEM intake maniford , but on my race car I have an JG Edlebrock intake manifold and there it is located on the bottom and it was not easy to replace that one. Now thanks for your reactions and I'll keep you posted. We are racing the BELGIAN TOURING CAR series http://www.btcseries.be , two weeks a go on Belgium SAP-FRANCORCHAMPS F-1 circuit we finished the 5th 2.0liter (my ITR is a 1.8 but the class we are racing in is 1.6 to 2.0l) . There were 25 participants in our class , and we were 57 in total . The firs one was a Lamborghini Diablo GTR and then lots of Porsches en Ferrari's . My main competitors in the 2.0L class are the factory RENAULT CLIO 2.0L race cars with sequential gearbox and a very light car.

Regards

Douglas

2003 classements can be fount on http://www.chronolux.be.tf
Old 05-03-2003, 09:49 AM
Trial User

Sounds like fun!

Post some pics.