Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 02-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #1
JMX
1992 Subaru SVX
My Garage

iTrader Rating: (0)
Send a message via AIM to JMX
Default how hard is to change CV boot on 95 accord

anybody done this, its on an auto 4cyl front passanger side.

i have changed out axels but never just the boot, and considering the boot is only 10 bucks with all clamps and greese my friend went that route becasue she dident have the cash....so how hard would it be for me to replace.
JMX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 10:22 PM   #2
AcCO12D95
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to AcCO12D95
Default Re: how hard is to change CV boot on 95 accord (jmx2323)

1. Raise the car up
2. Put car on jack stands
3. Remove Passenger Tire
4. Remove that huge center bolt
5. Remove the steering knuckle (not quite sure) it's in the center on the bottom of the lower control arm. You might need a puller (Free tool rental from autozone). Or if you have access to a lift and a hammer you can hit that out like i did, without hitting the threads!.
6. Pry axle out carefully with a flat head.
7. Then from there remove the old boot, and clean it up with some good degreaser and get all the rocks and stuff out. You might need to remove the inner boot to change the outer boot, that's the problem I ran into, so I just changed the entire axle for $70.00 from autozone with lifetime replacement.

8. One thing, it's much easier changing the entire axle, well for me it was...

Hope this helps you out...

[Modified by AcCO12D95, 7:23 AM 2/12/2003]
Was put to sleep due to conjestive heart failure and lung failure. I still love you boy! You were a true fighter. Life is no longer the same without you. You were the best I will always miss you see you in heaven. http://images.honda-tech.com/set1/smile/emsad.gif

AcCO12D95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:44 AM   #3
KGAccord
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: how hard is to change CV boot on 95 accord (AcCO12D95)

why are you replacing just the boot? is it leaking or is it torn up where dirt can get inside? once dirt gets in, it'll ruin the axle and you may as well just buy a new one now.

Official Whore #006
KGAccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:59 AM   #4
urbanlegend21
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: how hard is to change CV boot on 95 accord (KGAccord)

"snap" boots are a temporary solution to a bigger problem
urbanlegend21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 06:54 AM   #5
JMX
1992 Subaru SVX
My Garage

Send a message via AIM to JMX
Default Re: how hard is to change CV boot on 95 accord (urbanlegend21)

yeah she hit something, it blew the tire and put a puncture in the boot. yeah i told her it would be easier to change the axel but she dosent have the cash since she has to get a tire too.
JMX is offline   Reply With Quote

submit to reddit

Tags
1992, 2001, 2003, accord, awd, boot, cv, hard, honda, re4move, replace, solution, subaru, svx, temporary