Go Back   Honda-Tech > Honda and Acura Model-Specific Technical Forums > Honda Accord (1990 - 2002)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Honda-Tech!
Welcome to Honda-Tech.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Honda-Tech community today!

submit to reddit

Old 12-10-2002, 11:28 AM   #1
baxterj
Garage is empty, add now

iTrader Rating: (0)
Default Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power???

Ok, got a prob. A friend brought over her car. I believe it is a 95 Accord. Said her radio and lighter didn't work. Checked the fuses. They are good. Now on all my trucks had a "in-line" fuseable link on the power wire just short of the radio. I tore into this Honda (which is a task Click the image to open in full size. ) I can't see the "normal" link. The wires quickly get grouped into an harness and then I see two little black boxes that look like they could be fuses. I don't know. I would like to try and fix the problem for her before sending her out somewhere and getting charged an arm and a leg. If anyone could give me some assistance on this one, please email me asap!! Baxterj@stennis.navy.mil
baxterj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 01:07 PM   #2
niedejb
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to niedejb
Default Re: Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power??? (baxterj)

Check the fuses under the hood too. I had the same prob and it turned out to be one of the fuses in the little plastic box toward the windshield passenger side.
One cam...not two

http://home.insightbb.com/~niedejb
niedejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 02:54 PM   #3
baxterj
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power??? (niedejb)

If you are talking about the fuse panel under the hood/passenger side, I have already checked that fuse. The question that remains in my head, is there another fuse panel in the interior? Is there a fusable link on the hot wire supplying power to the radio/lighter????????NEED HELP???????DON"T KNOW HONDA'S!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-10-2002, 03:40 PM   #4
niedejb
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to niedejb
Default Re: Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power??? (baxterj)

There should be a fuse panel in the car as well.
One cam...not two

http://home.insightbb.com/~niedejb
niedejb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 03:56 PM   #5
baxterj
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power??? (niedejb)

Really? I did do a quick check the other day but didn't see anything. I guess I wasn't looking very well. I currently have duty today so I won't be able to get my hands on the car til tomorrow. Any ideas on where to start looking for a fuse panel in the car. Alot of cars have them under the dash/driver side or on the side of the dash, seen when door opened....???
Old 12-10-2002, 04:37 PM   #6
Sedat1ve
New User
Garage is empty, add now

There is another fuse box on the drivers side down on the left right after the hood release lever. Very hard to see in there. Owners manual shows what fuse is which and location.
Black
5spd
AEM Short Ram Intake
Sony CDX-C6850
Clear Corners
Clear Bumpers
Sedat1ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2002, 04:51 PM   #7
iam7head
Honda-Tech Member
Garage is empty, add now

Default Re: Radio/Cigarette Lighter not working. Fuses are good but still no power??? (Sedat1ve)

Grab a volt. meter and check out all the connections.

submit to reddit

Tags
2002, 97, accord, acura, cigarette, fuse, fuses, good, honda, integra, lighter, miata, power, radio, ram, working