Notices
Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

Car smoking after oil change

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car smoking after oil change

I just got an oil change last night, and when I got home I noticed a burning smell comming from my car. It was to dark to see what it was and to late go back to the shop, so i didn't worry about it much. Today when I went out, I noticed it again. Smoke was comming from somewhere in the back by the spark plug wires, but I couldn't tell where exactly. Is this normal after an oil change or is something wrong?
Old 11-03-2002, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Car smoking after oil change (95 GaNgStA AcCoRd)

The lube tech that changed your oil was probably so preoccupied by your gangsta status that he forgot to clean the oil off of your exhaust pipe under the oil filter. Itll all burn off.

keep it gansta son
Old 11-03-2002, 06:13 PM

They might have spilt oil onto the header. Check you r oil and se if it is at a good level. Let the car sit for a couple mins then check it. Then check it after you drive it for at least 10 min then let it sit for a few and check it again. if it is lower than before then you might have a leak somewhere.
Old 11-03-2002, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Car smoking after oil change (Accord94DX)

The lube tech that changed your oil was probably so preoccupied by your gangsta status that he forgot to clean the oil off of your exhaust pipe under the oil filter. Itll all burn off.

keep it gansta son
All this from a guy with a cash money millionaires avitar. Does anyone else see the irony here? Brian 1st off, I'm not from N.Y. I'm from Pasadena, Ca so the word "Son" doesn't apply to me ok slick? Second what does my "gangsta status" have to do with anything? All you should be concerned about is that I have a 5th gen with a sudden smoking problem. But thanks n e ways for the post you guys, i'll sheck both situations out
Old 11-03-2002, 06:57 PM

maybe you forgot what your username here was?

Anyways.. what he told you was exactly right
Old 11-03-2002, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Car smoking after oil change (MyBigNut1)

My username has nothing to do with my question. Me being a blood or a crip has nothing to do with me being a member, just like ur "big nut" has nutting to do with your post. But once again thanks for the speedy reply to my quesiton fellas
Old 11-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

keep it gansta son

All this from a guy with a cash money millionaires avitar. Does anyone else see the irony here? Brian 1st off, I'm not from N.Y. I'm from Pasadena, Ca so the word "Son" doesn't apply to me ok slick? Second what does my "gangsta status" have to do with anything? All you should be concerned about is that I have a 5th gen with a sudden smoking problem. But thanks n e ways for the post you guys, i'll sheck both situations out
boyakasha. rezpeckt. all glocks down for the frontin in mah grill will stop be4 some caps get busted int0 peeps domes yall.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:13 PM

Blood arn't u from Minnesota? I stayed there for a summer a few years back, so I understand your ignorance. You've probally never seen a blood in your life. You watch too much T.V. grow-up K? This is H-T not the icey hot stunnaz message board. When I start making stunnarific post, then flame all you want. I got the answer I was looking for, this is OT someone lock this thread.

P.S.
I would expect more from a Vet like you
Old 11-03-2002, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Blood arn't u from Minnesota? I stayed there for a summer a few years back, so I understand your ignorance. You've probally never seen a blood in your life. You watch too much T.V. grow-up K? This is H-T not the icey hot stunnaz message board. When I start making stunnarific post, then flame all you want. I got the answer I was looking for, this is OT someone lock this thread.

P.S.
I would expect more from a Vet like you
I gave you your answer splashed with some color. I am not a real person. This is the internet, remember?