Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Engine Problems

Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Problems

I have a 92 civic but it has a b18c1 out of a 96 integra so I figured id post it here. I was driving the car yesterday when it started to sputter and it quite on me. I did have low fuel in it but it was between the E and quarter tank mark. I had my buddy come look at it and he went through the spark plugs and turned it over with them out to help get the gas out if it flooded. It would take a few tries to start up but it sounded really rough and quite as you let the clutch out.
Kind of like its not using all of the cylinders. Ended up having to tow it home. Just now i went to get more gas and put it in, turned it over and took a few tries and it finally fired up, still sounded the same but it at least stayed on but itll fight with the revs at idol like itll sound like its gonna turn off when it goes to 800 then itll rev up to 1000 and back and forth.
I know its not a lot of info but some of the noises when it quite after we checked everything was a loud popping noise. I wasnt sure if anyone else had a problem like this, Im going to have it hooked up to look at the codes but i had to order a new obd connector port for it.
Old 08-12-2014, 05:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Engine Problems

check your cap and rotor then check mechanical timing, 100% sounds like a weak spark issue or timing being off.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Could also be igniter or coil breaking down among other things. There's plenty of info here on HT but these links come to mind.

http://techauto.tripod.com/

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/bl...eshooting.html

Also look for the Eric the Car Guy on Youtube using, no start, no spark ect.

Add- looking at your idle problems it could also be your map or even TPS sensors to. You should pull out the manual and start going through the flowcharts and sensor testing procedures too. If you don't have the manual get it.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Integra/
Old 08-18-2014, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Alright guys thanks, I showed this to my buddy and we are going to check it out tomorrow, will update if it goes well or the problem still exists
Old 08-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the info guys, the first night we found out it was running like **** because it was running on 1 cylinder, so we got compression back in all of them then it wouldnt start at all. Went and bought an ICM and the rotor, the ICM was too big but we got the rotor on and it fired right up and sounds better than before. Next step is finding a wiring diagram to hook up the obd port.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope you're not trying to hook up a obd2 system in your obd1 car just due to the fact you have a obd2 engine.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Quite honestly this car has so much random **** in it that everything id fixed on it ive had to do a lot of research just to find out what car it came from. It has a hondata s300 in it and now im seeing its obd1. So then I should track down an obd1 port for it? if so is there any good sites that will sell them cuz i got the obd2 from rockauto and they dont have an obd1 on there.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im just hoping to pull codes to see if itll tell any other problems and help with the running rich problem and hoping they didnt have it tuned like that. I already put a new o2 sensor in it and it helped a bit but still running rich. Once I get these things figured out theres going to be a big for sale sign on it.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nottamechanic
Quite honestly this car has so much random **** in it that everything id fixed on it ive had to do a lot of research just to find out what car it came from. It has a hondata s300 in it and now im seeing its obd1. So then I should track down an obd1 port for it? if so is there any good sites that will sell them cuz i got the obd2 from rockauto and they dont have an obd1 on there.
If it actually has a s300 the ECU will be obd1, is the car its self 94/95? if not it's obd2. The obd1 jumper is on the pass side up by the edge of the glove box, if it's obd2 the pug will be on the driver side up by the main relay.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is a 92 honda civic with a b18c1 out of a 96 integra. We've looked all over and havent seen one, along with the other stuff they took out im guessing thats gone too. Just going to try and get codes without it. I know it should be taken to a tuning shop to have it tuned but I figured id ask if you're familiar with the hondata and on the program you download onto your computer if there is just something i can change on there to make it run leaner or would i have to mess with other **** to get it to do that? If its not easy then I wont do it lol