The rebirth of 1994 DelSol

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The rebirth of 1994 DelSol

Originally Posted by johnrnugent
AMAZING BUILD....
Am coming to Bodrum / Gumbert in October, it's a shame your so far away lol.

Keep up the Amazing work Dude

You mean gumbet.. this bay is an another planet!! like ibiza but in october... :/

Last edited by kebroz; 08-27-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Repaint..

More black, less red pearls, Thats it

Last edited by CESAJANS; 02-21-2016 at 02:37 AM.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

much better!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this car is looking more and more like something from the fast and furious
Old 08-29-2014, 07:27 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by alollini
much better!
agree
Old 08-29-2014, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Pretty jealous right now. Sexy build man
Old 08-30-2014, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

astounding build!!!!
soooo jealous of your black.
nice black paint is the answer to everything!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread is amazing. It is really inspiring and the fact that the car is being built in Turkey makes me even happier somehow. So you said you are working as a graphic designer but you clearly are working on your car a lot. Have you had some kind of experience before? Or you are just really confident in your ability to fit the parts together correctly? How many people are working on the car and how much money have you invested in this project ? (of course if you don't wish to publish the amount it no biggy, I'm just really curious) OH and one last question; you also mentioned that you bought everything on ebay but you ONLY paid more due to shipping BUT (here comes my question) didn't you also have to pay tariffs on the products when they crossed the ocean or how does that work? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I SUBSCRIBED TOO!
Old 08-31-2014, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Matyikaaa90 :

This thread is amazing. It is really inspiring and the fact that the car is being built in Turkey makes me even happier somehow.

-- Thank you for your kind appreciation,

So you said you are working as a graphic designer but you clearly are working on your car a lot. Have you had some kind of experience before? Or you are just really confident in your ability to fit the parts together correctly?

-- Yes As I mentioned earlier, I am an graphich artists and i have a design studio so called cesagency or in turkish called cesajans like my nick
I did some xtreme project in different branches before, about computer custom case, custom cooling, about hifi systems, hi-fi speakers, r/c models etc.
But i didnt understand anything about the automative until i started this project I read the articles at google, I watched several videos at youtubes,
and then I decided to try it myself, , I have some abilities, some skills and ı thurst my self, yes thats it

How many people are working on the car and how much money have you invested in this project ? (of course if you don't wish to publish the amount it no biggy, I'm just really curious)

-- One for painting, one for some fixing on body, one for all interior, 4 for driveline and motor, and one for all other electric system etc.. and ofc me for eveything total : 9 including me..Total cost? i couldnt for now, but when my project finished, it can be

OH and one last question; you also mentioned that you bought everything on ebay but you ONLY paid more due to shipping BUT (here comes my question) didn't you also have to pay tariffs on the products when they crossed the ocean or how does that work? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I SUBSCRIBED TOO!

-- Hımm, this questions is importand, i think u are talking about the tax?? custom duty?
Old 08-31-2014, 05:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default began to be joined

Car began to be joined...

Headlights will change to my DIY projectors headlights now iam working on it..
wheels will change to new ones...

Last edited by CESAJANS; 02-21-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CESAJANS

Matyikaaa90 :

This thread is amazing. It is really inspiring and the fact that the car is being built in Turkey makes me even happier somehow.

-- Thank you for your kind appreciation,

So you said you are working as a graphic designer but you clearly are working on your car a lot. Have you had some kind of experience before? Or you are just really confident in your ability to fit the parts together correctly?

-- Yes As I mentioned earlier, I am an graphich artists and i have a design studio so called cesagency or in turkish called cesajans like my nick
I did some xtreme project in different branches before, about computer custom case, custom cooling, about hifi systems, hi-fi speakers, r/c models etc.
But i didnt understand anything about the automative until i started this project I read the articles at google, I watched several videos at youtubes,
and then I decided to try it myself, , I have some abilities, some skills and ı thurst my self, yes thats it

How many people are working on the car and how much money have you invested in this project ? (of course if you don't wish to publish the amount it no biggy, I'm just really curious)

-- One for painting, one for some fixing on body, one for all interior, 4 for driveline and motor, and one for all other electric system etc.. and ofc me for eveything total : 9 including me..Total cost? i couldnt for now, but when my project finished, it can be

OH and one last question; you also mentioned that you bought everything on ebay but you ONLY paid more due to shipping BUT (here comes my question) didn't you also have to pay tariffs on the products when they crossed the ocean or how does that work? KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK I SUBSCRIBED TOO!

-- Hımm, this questions is importand, i think u are talking about the tax?? custom duty?
Thanks for answering all my questions. Yeah, I was talking about customs. I live in EU and I was looking at parts to order from the US but everything that costs more than 700 euros I would have to pay like 40% additional fees...stupid.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How does it feel to finally see your time and money coming together? To hear the engine turn on for the first time?
Old 08-31-2014, 01:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I owsn a 95 del sol, very jealous of you i want you motor and interior!!! looks beautiful.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 08-31-2014, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is it me or the lighting but did you change the car color from the red and black pearl to what appears to be a deep forest metallic green?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:56 PM
yippee-ki-yay

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can't wait to see the interior installed!

Originally Posted by oFILLo
is it me or the lighting but did you change the car color from the red and black pearl to what appears to be a deep forest metallic green?
In the last posted picture, look above the car. It's under a green awning. The black paint is reflecting that green color.

eH.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by eHMxhACk
Can't wait to see the interior installed!

In the last posted picture, look above the car. It's under a green awning. The black paint is reflecting that green color.

eH.
Thats right, its only reflecting from the green..
Old 09-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Icon7

Originally Posted by eHMxhACk
I noticed this as well. I wanna see this beautiful machine in unfiltered sunlight. Excellent job with the car man. I love a well done, completely re-done del Sol. Keep up the good work.
Old seats foam rubber looking before fixing :D
This is a good idea for fixing old worn out seats. Never seen this done before. What do you use to trim the additional foam into the orignal foam's shape?
What vehicle did the double-DIN frame come out of? This is a good idea.

Speechless. The word 'gorgeous' doesn't even come close to doing this work justice. Great job. I think the red gives it a good offset, and it looks even better with the Carbon Fiber overlay around the outer perimeter of the vents.

About the gauge cluster: del Sol clusters in the U.S. don't look anything like that. I notice it reads CRX on it. Is that a European Domestic or Asian Domestic gauge cluster? Sorry my geography is off this morning, and since Turkey is right there in the middle, I can't remember which continent your country is part of. LOL
EDIT:Scrolled down and now see that these are overlays. Looks good, especially with the red LED needles.
Originally Posted by andoxviii
I do like how it is badged "CRX Del Sol" though. In North America, Honda decided to call it a "Civic Del Sol" instead. And I will never forgive them
x2 on everything you said, sir.
2 - front fenders side turn signal cancellation..
Seems like everyone in the U.S. wants the JDM/EDM front fender turn signals, but you delete them. I found this interesting. LOL

Last edited by JPhilBradley; 09-08-2014 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You have good taste in movies, btw
Old 09-01-2014, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Car looks amazing. What's the timeline on this project?
Old 09-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job man I found this thread by accident and I have been stuck too it. I'm interested in the performance with the custom supercharger. Looks very cool.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

god i love that interior... nery nice man
Old 09-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JPhilBradley
Seems like everyone in the U.S. wants the JDM/EDM front fender turn signals, but you delete them. I found this interesting. LOL
Actually most EDM delSol owners hate these front fender turn signals... But not as much as we hate that ugly rear fog light, which for some reason is a pretty wanted item in the US

Anyway - this build is really awesome! It's something else - showcar material! Keep up the good work!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I usually don't give a crap about these but I've gotta say a total frame off restoration of a del sol and so well documented with pictures has me waiting for the next photos to come out. I can't wait to see it run....
Old 09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Now we r going back to make updates to the electrical system and final mechanic setup...

Last edited by CESAJANS; 02-21-2016 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Unbelievable. Your del Sol's exterior is turning out fantastic. A head turning car from every angle. Final product will be show quality!

Quick Reply: The rebirth of 1994 DelSol