Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Honda Ep3 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda Ep3 Help

Hello Guys, I recently bought a 2002 Honda Civic Type R Ep-3, I'm thinking of tuning it but not sure what to use, I've heard of K-Pro, Reflashes, FlashPro?.
What is a good tuner?

I've tried to find Ep-3 Posts about Flashes but I didn't get answers/results I wanted.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Honda Ep3 Help

where are you located? do you have a edm type-r or a jdm type-r?
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Honda Ep3 Help

Well the reflash isn't as complete as going with the Kpro... You won't be able to use flashpro but it's virtually the same thing as Kpro just a little different.

The best thing is to decide what you want to do with the car first. Are you planning on doing intake, header and exhaust? Do you plan on doing more modding in the future? If all these are answered with Yes then you will want to get Kpro has you will be able to fine tune it to get the maximum potential out of the car.

If the answer is no then you could go for a reflash... Although the reflash is a generic tune and you must remember every engine is different as in it will respond differently so I would still go with Kpro over the reflash as you will be able to get again the maximum potential.

It's honestly a night and day difference even if you keep the car stock!

If you are looking for a good tuner I might suggest VitViper he is well known in the Kseries community! He does etunes meaning you don't need to be local for him to tune your car. For more info check his site http://vittuned.com/.