Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Quick Questions RSX-S

Old 07-12-2014, 02:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Questions RSX-S

I just picked up an 03 RSX-S for a STEAL the interior and exterior is super clean and the car is also completely stock. The car does need some TLC and money is not an issue, I already have plenty parts picked out but i do have some questions.

I want a big brake kit you guys know where to get a good one thats not to expensive?

Is the koni w/ gc combo amazing on the RSX-S? (I'm sure it is just wanna ask)

450f/350r a perfect daily street setup?

The car does have 200k miles but the engine and tranny are still in excellent condition so is there any specific issues with an 03 S-type i should know about to replace or fix myself.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:05 AM
DC5/EP3 MOD :)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Quick Questions RSX-S

As far as brakes my guys and I have always had good luck with StopTech. A little more pricey but I love my setup.

Are you looking for better braking or just to look cool? Cause a bunch of guys have done the stoptech brake upgrade (pads, rotors, lines and fluid) and had great luck verse I've done the full caliper, rotor, line upgrade which is much more costly.

As far as koni, they make a great product but I've never tried that setup so I'm no help.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry for no reply work 7 days a week is a killer...

Anyways as far as the brakes definitely want some better stopping power if you say stop tech is a good brand I'll do some research thanks!

I'll just be doing bigger slotted rotors,pads, and new lines all the way around. IMO I think the type S calipers are big enough already... Well the front 2 atleast

Any info is appreciated so bumppppp
Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For brakes...I like willwoods...see summit racing.

Where in the heck did you get those spring rates?....stock is like 180lb( progressive) and 440lb ( progressive) rear...........any spring rate you go for should be almost double the front in the rear. My mesured motion ratios are .91 to 1 in the front and .558 to 1 in the rear( motion ratio is how much the damper/spring moves per one inch of wheel movement)...the real low rear number means the cars weight has a lot of leverage on the spring...so the spring rate needs to be high.

a note on GC.....anything less than say 550lb in the front, you need the 8 inch long springs rather than the 6 inch spring...you go to low, the sag of the spring will leave you with about 2 inchs of suspension travel before you get spring bind.....don't ask me how I know this.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hmm interesting... I got the rates from the thmotorsports vender they say 450f/350r is street/track.

Only looking to drop a little more than a inch with only a finger or two wheel gap.

The car does have 200k miles the only code it's running is the cat went bad so I'll just buy and Q300 exhaust and test pipe.

Engine and tranny are solid I hope it stays this way
Old 07-16-2014, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by teggy1205
Hmm interesting... I got the rates from the thmotorsports vender they say 450f/350r is street/track.

Only looking to drop a little more than a inch with only a finger or two wheel gap.

The car does have 200k miles the only code it's running is the cat went bad so I'll just buy and Q300 exhaust and test pipe.

Engine and tranny are solid I hope it stays this way
If your cats bad( secondary o2 sensor reading) the ecu is dumping fuel...you milage is going to be crap.....These are not 80-90's hondas...the ecu see's bad numbers from the o2 sensors, it dumps fuel...you going to test pipe, get kpro or get a flowmaster stock replacement cat....their stock cats flow much better than stock and keep the ecu happy.....as for GC...I would order from them....

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=959/CA=5

Do not run the 6 inch springs in the front if you pick a lower spring rate....6 inch springs only have about 3.5 inches of room to compress and if you pick a rate that will sag a little....you have no suspension. I found this out the hard way.

btw...I sugest you look at your rubber...the motor mount on the front of the car is mostlikly toast and so are the compliance bushings on your lca's f&r....
Old 07-16-2014, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^^ ordered the master bushing set already and getting new motor mounts all the way around innovative mounts with 70A bushings for a little better performance than stock.

Yeah I definitely don't plan on dropping to low just a nice mature low. Thanks for the link!