Notices
Honda Fit Honda Fit (Jazz)

Stereo complete! (Factory nav + sound processor)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 08:07 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo complete! (Factory nav + sound processor)

Hi all. I don't post here much, but I wanted to show you what I ended up doing for my 2012 Fit's stereo system in case other folks wanted to do something similar.

Unlike most people, I have always liked having factory navigation in all my cars. I like the way it's integrated with everything and how it looks. I've been in the "game" for many years and have done many aftermarket systems and have never seen an aftermarket unit give good Bluetooth phone audio. I knew I needed some sort of sound processor to normalize the output from the factory headunit. Debated on the JL Cleansweep for a while, but never pulled the trigger.

I usually do all car work myself, but recently with working and all, I simply don't have the time or patience. A local friend recommended a stereo shop in Anaheim, CA so I went there and had some good conversations. Two weeks later, I brought my car in.

I was concerned #1 because I wasn't doing the work myself. #2, I have always had aftermarket headunits. I was worried that even with a sound processor, it would not sound as good. I was wrong. This sounds the same, if not better.

List of stuff:
* JL Audio XD600 6 channel amplifier (had this from my M3)
* Diamond Audio 6.5” 2-way rear speakers
* Diamond Audio 6.5” component front speakers
* Diamond Audio D102 10” subwoofer
* Cache COE6 sound processor

I already had the 6 channel amplifier from my prior M3 so rather than spend more money, I decided to keep it. It worked quite well. 4 channels spread to the 4 interior speakers, and 2 channels to the rear subwoofer.

I really do not like large subwoofer boxes since I regularly utilize the trunk space. I debated on having a custom fiberglass piece made, but decided that a $35 box for now is just fine. This box is only about 5 inches high. I didn't really need to secure it either since the weight of it on the rubber mat keeps it steady. The shop created a nice harness for me so I can plug/unplug it whenever I want.

Sorry for the dark iPhone pic. Best I could do from inside the car in my garage. This is the JL Audio amplifier mounted under the driver's seat. Perfectly sized.

And here is the Cache COE6 sound processor mounted under the passenger seat.

I will reserve this spot for pictures of the bass **** which was mounted perfectly between the AUX port and cigarette lighter area so it looks like it came like that from the factory.

Tweeters were mounted in the factory locations and the crossovers were stuck behind the glovebox.

My only complaint (and this is my fault because I was lazy and didn't do the work myself) is that the crossover location wasn't ideal. It moves around a bit so I had to resecure it behind the glovebox. The door handle also had a small paint chip (I knew this would happen too from watching shops work on cars) from someone apparently having a tool/keys in their hand while opening the door. I'm pretty **** about my vehicles, so while it may not even be noticeable to most, it was to me. Small price to pay for a very nice system.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stereo complete! (Factory nav + sound processor)

Very nice sound system.