Notices
Honda / Acura Appearance related discussion for Honda / Acura vehicles

Help ID Carbon Fiber B-Series Valve Cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help ID Carbon Fiber B-Series Valve Cover

Stumbled across this recently and scooped it up. I'm still trying to identify the company it's from. I've seen 2 different styles which have apparently been reproduced by different companies. The wavy front is making me think it's either srr or eshlemans. If anyone has any other input on the origin of this it would be greatly appreciated.

The vc in question:

Others for comparison:
SRR

Eshlemans

Carbon Components (seems to be the flat faced front) has these directions

Thank you for your purchase of Carbon Components Honda v-tec carbon fiber valve cover. As with any high performance part, care must be taken during installation for the valve cover to seal correctly. Included in the kit are 8 washers, approximately .090” thick. These MUST be installed under the valve cover mount studs. This correctly sets the crush on the seals, as these studs need to be raised .090”. Simply remove the 4 valve cover mounting studs at the corners of the head, and place the washers under the base of the stud and re-install. Then remover the 4 cam journal bolts that hold the center of the valve cover, place washers under the bolt head, and re-install. Note that these bolts will have to be tightened with a torque wrench according to the engine specifications.

This valve cover uses the stock seals for the spark plug openings and perimeter. The perimeter seal will have to be modified slightly to correctly fit the valve cover seal groove. In 8 places, at the corners of the cam shaft semi-circular openings, the stock seal has extra material on both sides. This will have to be trimmed off with a razor blade. This has to be done anywhere the side of the seal is too large for the groove. Once the seal is uniform in thickness you are ready to install. Place the valve cover upside down on a towel to protect the top surface. The seal fits tight, and must be lubed with grease, then press firmly into the groove. The cam openings are NOT the same diameter at both ends, and care must be taken that the seal is installed correctly. Make certain there is no interference between the valve cover and the cylinder head, this might require a little sanding/filing on the valve cover around the cam journal openings.

Carbon Components carbon fiber valve covers have a true race car heritage, and they must be installed with the same attention to detail any race car would require. You will find the Honda v-tec valve cover is the lightest, most intricate product of it’s kind, and we hope that this is an outstanding addition to your car.

*** BE CERTAIN YOUR CARBON COMPONENTS VALVE COVERS CLEAR ALL FUEL LINES, VACUUM LINES, BRAKE LINES, THROTTLE LINKAGE, ALTERNATOR OR OTHER BRACKETS, AND ALL OTHER COMPONENTS. THE CORRECT OILING AND CLEARANCE OF VALVE TRAIN AND ALL ENGINE COMPONENTS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. THESE PARTS ARE NOT DESIGNED FOR HIGHWAY USE, OR FOR USE ON MODIFIED ENGINES. CARBON COMPONENTS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE INCURRED RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OUR PRODUCTS ***
Old 04-16-2014, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Help ID Carbon Fiber B-Series Valve Cover

Wow that looks like my old valve cover. I actually sold it to a member here back in 06-07. Yeah good luck having it seal. I almost had it down. I didn't get it with any washers I just used silicone and stock washers and nuts

But then again as u said there's a lot of them made look a likes
Old 04-16-2014, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ef2_civic
Wow that looks like my old valve cover. I actually sold it to a member here back in 06-07. Yeah good luck having it seal. I almost had it down. I didn't get it with any washers I just used silicone and stock washers and nuts

But then again as u said there's a lot of them made look a likes
Yeah I can get a hold of any hardware. There was residual silicone on here that I peeled off, so it could be. I'm thinking it would be better to go with a blank gasket sheet and cut one myself, there's a decent amount of flat surface area.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cheap *** AC Autotechnic.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by clean rice
Cheap *** AC Autotechnic.
Can you elaborate? The list price for those of $550-$800. Do you have any other information? By cheap a** are you referring to the quality? It seems like a very solid/well done piece to me.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With no baffling, this thing is a show/hard-park piece at best. Without any internal baffling there will be oil pissing out the vent tube, especially if it is hooked up to a vac source.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have 2 -10an fittings venting from the block to a catch can already, and it would be going on a naturally aspirated motor. It's not under vacuum, motor has itb's.