Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

honda accord or lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: honda accord or lexus

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew
We don't know any members profile. Based on the question the original poster is asking, you would think this person will be DIY. Nothing wrong with that BTW. We all are different. Some can afford it, some don't.

Your statement is true. The "resources" that goes into building a new car is far "worst" than something that is 10+ years old and perhaps have a larger carbon footprint. And those hybrid and Evs may save gas and polution, but that battery is toxic when it's time to go to the dump.

But that's not how our world works. We drive around without cats, eat fast or frozen food that create tons of trash. And the soap water from our showers goes into the sea. I wish it was different, but what can we do?
A bit off-topic here but in the case of EVs, the day is going to come when they figure out how to recycle batteries. There was a time when people thought that hybrids and EVs would never be practical cars, you think they arent going to figure out a way to recycle battery packs? C'mon, man!
As far as the notion that a car plant creates more polution than a 10-year old car is cute but when you compare a million of those 10-year old cars to 1 car plant, well, the difference isnt so great. Thats the problem when people only look at themselves and dont look at the big picture. You also have to look at the fact that not everyone drives a Civic. Look at the MPG of a fullsize truck from 10 years ago to 1 of today. Huge difference.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say get the Honda Accord to me Honda makes a better engine then Lexus (Toyota) could ever make. And of course Honda Has There VTEC system for there engines. So that makes it even better. But everyone has there own opinion on cars. I say get what ever you like
Old 04-13-2014, 12:44 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NightHawk92
I say get the Honda Accord to me Honda makes a better engine then Lexus (Toyota) could ever make. And of course Honda Has There VTEC system for there engines. So that makes it even better. But everyone has there own opinion on cars. I say get what ever you like
Toyota has VVT
Old 04-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakemono36
A bit off-topic here but in the case of EVs, the day is going to come when they figure out how to recycle batteries. There was a time when people thought that hybrids and EVs would never be practical cars, you think they arent going to figure out a way to recycle battery packs? C'mon, man!
As far as the notion that a car plant creates more polution than a 10-year old car is cute but when you compare a million of those 10-year old cars to 1 car plant, well, the difference isnt so great. Thats the problem when people only look at themselves and dont look at the big picture. You also have to look at the fact that not everyone drives a Civic. Look at the MPG of a fullsize truck from 10 years ago to 1 of today. Huge difference.
I'm sure that there are move hybrids on the road than 10 year old gas guzzling full-size trucks. Also, cars from 2004 are already low emissions. The car plants making these are also greater than 1. 10-15 year old cars are also pretty efficient. Personally, I have seen consistent 38mpg my previous 98 200k Civic EX. That's better than most new cars today.

My modified 11 year old V6 Accord gets 28mpg mixed driving. The more they are doing to these new cars are causing more and more problems. Especially Honda. Lexus also has fuel (carbon) issues. The government needs to do something about reducing the cost of fuel. That's the main issue. EV have caught fire more than a few times (Tesla, VOLT)
Old 04-13-2014, 04:40 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by furious94ls
I'm sure that there are move hybrids on the road than 10 year old gas guzzling full-size trucks. Also, cars from 2004 are already low emissions. The car plants making these are also greater than 1. 10-15 year old cars are also pretty efficient. Personally, I have seen consistent 38mpg my previous 98 200k Civic EX. That's better than most new cars today.

My modified 11 year old V6 Accord gets 28mpg mixed driving. The more they are doing to these new cars are causing more and more problems. Especially Honda. Lexus also has fuel (carbon) issues. The government needs to do something about reducing the cost of fuel. That's the main issue. EV have caught fire more than a few times (Tesla, VOLT)
Mercedes 800torque EV hasn't caught on fire. And the government already pays oil companys 20,000,000,000 billion, with a B, every year in the form of oil subsidies to reduce prices.