Notices
Drag Racing Drag Racing (legal) & Associated Topics

Need help for a 9 second pass

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 10:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need help for a 9 second pass

The First thing that I do Before change something is talk to the Tuner Cause you Already have 741whp no matter where there are is 741whp the Tuner will tell you what you need, with 741whp you have to be Running 9sec pass. That is my Opinion Good Tuner will tell you and put that car to run 9sec.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am the tuner. Peak number doesn't mean anything. It's the average hp. And unfortunelty for how high I have to rev the motor for gearing purposes. The average hp it is making is only about 5xx

And Desmond that manifold is not very good. It doesn't have as much plenum volume as I would like.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tofast4uh22
that manifold is not very good. It doesn't have as much plenum volume as I would like.
If you look at the detail they state they have a next size up in plenum size that will work for you
Old 04-11-2014, 04:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The stock manifold has a lot of material to use to its advantage, you can turn a portion of the long runners into more plenum volume. And also shorten the factory runners. And add spacers if needed. I am torn on what I would like to do.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:05 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If you want to experiment before dropping tons of cash, hog out a stock manifold, and shorten the runners, see what it does for you.

You can get the TB as intended and use that, so if you do decide to go to the GE manifold, you already have it. If you fill the IACV passage you can fit a 76 mm TB on the stock manifold, and have the welder fill the back side of the runners so that you can port it out flat as well.

There are quite a few threads on here about it, Randy Owens (NAH2B) has done precisely what I am describing, and it has tested very well for many people. Mine is done the same way, but not quite as pretty haha, and although I don't have dyno or track #s yet to verify it, I am happy with how it performs on my N/A motor.
Old 04-13-2014, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have thought of that, I am trying to do the math on what my ideal runner length would be. It's not very simple. Lol
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

With my math it shows to have my power peak at 8500 my runner length would be 6.93 inches from velocity stack to the face of the valve, and that would be the 8th trip back for the wave. Or for 7500 peak it would be 6.36 inches from velocity stack to face of the valve. And that would be the 10th trip for the wave. That just seems like so close that it's too close to be precise with designing your manifold. One slight mis calculation would put your peak power at 6500 instead of 8500. Lol
Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey I just wanted put my .02 in here about the xcessive intake manifold.

I ordered the 58mm manifold for my turbo H22 and when initially receiving it was happy but that was about the extent of it. I noticed where in his finish machining he does to the cast piece he managed to drill one of the holes for the throttle body mounting bolts into the plenum and through the outside of it.

Contacted him and he had us ship it back and he replaced it after seeing he had messed up. OK no biggy not much of a set back, new plenum comes in and were back on the road.

Well we go to mount it to the engine while in the car and come to find out it hits the stock h-series t-bracket. We had to remove about a 1/16 of an inch of material off the bottom side of the throttle body flange on the plenum and had to cut the flange of the t-brsckrt that sticks straight up on it.

It finally fits luckily I'm a machinist so this was all merely annoying more than anything. I explained all of this to him in a email and he said he had never heard of this before and would refund us our money if we sent it back which at this point I didn't want to dick with.

So yea beware
Old 04-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

any results? I would love to see the power curve and where the power starts to drop off?
Old 04-15-2014, 03:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tofast4uh22
any results? I would love to see the power curve and where the power starts to drop off?

Unfortunately not yet and I haven't ever been able to find anyone using it on a turbo setup for the H. We will be at the dyno within the next month nor two.

We called golden eagle to ask them questions about there manifold and they asked what other manifolds we were looking at we told him about the xcessive and he hopped and there site and straight up told use that hr felt it was a better design then there's.

I've got high hopes for it I just hope it pulls through.

We had the skunk manifold last year when we were at the dyno you could see where the car just died off around 7500-8000 rpms.

That was around 500hp on a low reading old mustang dyno.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Any other suggestions for manifolds? What about the golden eagle with the new 6" plenum?
Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well small update, changed to a golden eagle Im, blox 74mm tb, ferrea valves, re-degreed the cams and c16 fuel. Seems to have done the trick. It made 741 previously at 8100 rpms.both dynos were dynocom although it does seem the numbers might be higher then they should, it did what I wanted it to do and that's make power higher in the rpm range which ultimately will make more peak power as we'll. the rpm was not reading right on the dyno so it is off. I stopped the run at 9500 I hate how dynocom dynos go off of roller speed.
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I am going back to the dyno tomorrow night to see if I can carry the tq a little further. With it not reading rpm right I didn't want to get aggressive with the timing until I was sure where peak tq was. And I would also like to make some more adjustments on the cam gears. Here is another graph based on rpm
Attached Images