Notices
Honda CR-V & Element 2WD & 4WD Element & CR-V

Yonaka Crv Exhaust PT II

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yonaka Crv Exhaust PT II

Let's keep it clean don't have anything to contribute to the thread then keep it moving. Post what the other thread already had sound clip's, install advise,price, and of course pictures.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Yonaka Crv Exhaust PT II

^x2

Here's my yonaka set up w/magnaflow catalytic converter

Originally Posted by zrxdarryl
3-16-14:Got my system on yesterday - sounds fine. Deeper note, not raspy to my ear, actually fairly quiet - I'd not mind it a bit louder. What I do like is the fit and finish. Fit especially, looks better than stock as the hangers are all hanging correctly where the stock were not.
Link to sound/clip:

Facebook Post

Originally Posted by noname87
Originally Posted by
Originally Posted by kiseliok
Thanks to both dudes who posted sound clips.
First one sounds somewhat raspy.. second one sounds a lot deeper.. wtf?
Don't think the difference in recording devices would have that much deviation.
Hrmm..
the first video was recorded inside a shop. i'm thinking that might be why they sound differently

Originally Posted by sliverSE.V
Originally Posted by ortizneto111
What would be a good complete exhaust system for a good price, or just in general.
^your only "aftermarket" option is OBX and now Yonaka or just oem replacement as far as exhaust system goes. (others correct me if Im wrong)

As for header for the 97-01 4WD CRV, NONE! that I know of? (again correct me if I'm wrong) OBX HAD headers for the 4WD but that's if you were lucky and able to pick it up back when it was available but still OBX. I haven't found any (header)for the 4WD CRV that's reasonable price unless you want to order something "race" application wise for over $300+ which I think may fit for the 4WD CRV (you'll have to call and check to make sure, research etc.)...but that was from me just looking around through King motor sports website. And not sure if any place may or may not have header for the 97-01 4WD crv. So good luck with that! BUT LMK if you do find something reasonably price THAT FITS! Otherwise custom your own which has been done, just search the threads.

As for me I bought the Yonaka system which I feel is reasonably priced at least where I bought it at and looks pretty darn good consider it's pretty much MY ONLY CHOICE or go OEM/ replacement. And so I'm just waiting on my damn down pipe then my yonaka system should be installed shortly/asap! AGAIN IT'S THE ONLY EXHAUST SYSTEM that I like and waited for when contacting yonaka them-self to make one for me or come out with it when looking around that's available wise for the 97-01 CRV and again besides OBX. Sound wise I just looked at the clips from all the yonaka exhaust systems on youtub before it came out. Sooooo it will have to do! If only they will make headers next!

new yonaka exhaust system
^everyone seems to be getting their's from redline360 (looks like they've been sold out) or just search around

Related to exhaust(down pipe):

Order my down pipe two weeks ago? from exhaustdistribution.net (exhaust distribution <--for google search so it pops up) So here's my experience/review for them if anyone is curious. Not going into much detail but: anyways ordered from them supposedly everything was process etc did not received my tracking # within reasonable time. I contacted them and they told me it was shipped out already and I will be getting tracking #. Waited and got NOTHING from them, tried to call them more then 3X? PLUS emails no answers, nothing (24hr customer service my).

Then finally when they decided to get back to me, through email, they said my item was on back order I was like WTF which I called BS and told them off because why then would they tell me it was sent out already before I contacted them in regards to my tracking # so yes BS on that. I mean they could had told me that instead but nope just wanted to take my money I guess and have me wait not letting me know anything. So yeah just told them off and that I want my money back (got my money back).

Sooo then ordered from a different company and got it today(yesterday now). BUT when I got it and looked it over, it was defective! WTF so now I got to wait even more longer (to get replacement) just to have my down pipe before I can have my yonaka system on almost a month! fudge

quality/material isn't too bad for what I paid for I guess (at least it's not made in china lol):

DEFECTIVE(hole/missed weld):

Hopefully replacement will be good

Last edited by sliverSE.V; 03-28-2014 at 08:36 AM. Reason: my set up :)
Old 03-27-2014, 03:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yonaka
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2014, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow, how could they miss that hole?
My CRV exhaust story:
I got my Walker downpipe from Pep Boiz website, had it 4 or 5 days later, for $92 and change.
Ordered the cat on ebay from a co. called WCP Diesel (cat mfg by Davico ($142) located in New Bedford MA, about 45 mins from me), so I called WCP Diesel and axed them if I could just go there (Davico) and pick it up since I needed it ASAP - They called and ok'd, I did, and it fit just fine, along with the downpipe.
The Yonaka catback, like I said before, was the easiest exhaust system I've ever installed, and that goes back to about, hmm, 1974, and lots of shitboxes as well as nice cars.
I was accustomed to getting all pissed off doing exhaust work, but not with this; well, with the exception of the nuts holding the orig downpipe, which were rotted away to fragments of their former selves. Had to remove the manifold, get it in a vise to grind off the little nubs that were left on all 3 to save the studs, which were in surprisingly excellent condition.

So all tolled: 92, 142, 238, 19 for gaskets = about 491 and a couple-3 hours total (going slow, I can't jump back and forth under cars easy anymore), and full system good to go.

Oh - my gf says it's too loud. I still say it's ok, just short of annoying, and I don't hear that raspy sound at all.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yonaka
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just went to the site & it says it's not in stock at the moment...sob
Old 03-27-2014, 10:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

apparently on backorder on both crv exhaust and coilover sets until late May or early June
Old 03-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ebay still has some...they're 299 shipped I believe
Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 PM
Fish Twig

Received 309 Likes on 285 Posts

Wow..........read the other thread....wtf man if you don't like whats going on in there move the **** along.......anyways. You guys make me jealous. I've been thinking of getting 1st gen crv for some fun. Just gotta find a reason to not get the civic type r (or civic si) turbo. But if we don't get it than I'll be on the look out for an electron blue crv.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man good luck on the EBP! they are pretty hard to find! especially if you want a manual one.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Fish Twig

So I youtubed the fujitsubo rd1 exhaust, its a little louder than the yonaka. Totally not worth 1k+. I like the yonaka better and if I could find and mod an rs-r exmag I'll do that as well.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^zrxdarryl yeah IDK how quality and control could have missed that hole hot damn! that total price you spent on just that down pipe that must have sucked. I'm sure if you would have known you were better off to just get OEM which would have been under $400 if you did it yourself like you said. I know my bro got raped at the local muffler place for his when he paid $350? just to replace his on his civic. If he would have told me about it I could have saved him all that money...me, I'm doing mine myself I just hope I don't run into to0 many rusted bolts or nuts or having to deal with the exhaust manifold

tony_2018 IDK I see it like this: yes I want my DD to look nice and all but there's a limit on how much to spend/throw on parts you know and $1K for an exhaust system on a CRV being my DD, no thanks. If it was for my CRX (garage queen) I think I'd go for it when I decide I want to pull the trigger on it
Old 03-27-2014, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Overall, how loud is the Yonaka? Just got a CRV after not having one for a year and it has several exhaust leaks. I'd like to replace it but would like to keep a very mild tone.
Old 03-27-2014, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^if you missed it:
Oh - my gf says it's too loud. I still say it's ok, just short of annoying, and I don't hear that raspy sound at all.
he might be able to help you with that..waiting for down pipe replacement here
Old 03-27-2014, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sliverSE.V
^if you missed it:

he might be able to help you with that..waiting for down pipe replacement here
Yeah, saw that but thought maybe it was just a gf that wasn't a fan of anything aftermarket. I have a very mild sounding megan exhaust on my 3000gt vr4 but wife says it's too loud. The CRV is the family car though so don't want to disturb my 3 year old.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Deviant117 true that but hey don't they (some gf or wife) always have something to say? lol

nawh...but if that's the case I think you might be fine.......maaaaybe?
because I've babysat my friends infant baby (who is now maybe 6 month old??) every so often and he sure didn't mind my DD/CRV when my muffler had already rusted some, THEN got knocked some, AND then finally separated/just fell apart I mean little guy even sleeps through it when I pick him up and don't mind it at all when driving him around! so yeah he sure didn't seem to be bothered by it at all which I thought he might be and that's a 3 stage sound phase!lol But for me it got annoying as so I parked it so yeah can't wait to put mine on! So it can't be worst than that?
Old 03-27-2014, 06:46 PM
Fish Twig

Be on the hunt for an rs-r exmag, you will not be disappointed. Very deep tone and very type r like. Quiet when cruising or highway but when you get on it its deep.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=sliverSE.V;49614876]^zrxdarryl yeah IDK how quality and control could have missed that hole hot damn! that total price you spent on just that down pipe that must have sucked. I'm sure if you would have known you were better off to just get OEM which would have been under $400 if you did it yourself like you said. I know my bro got raped at the local muffler place for his when he paid $350? just to replace his on his civic. If he would have told me about it I could have saved him all that money...me, I'm doing mine myself I just hope I don't run into to0 many rusted bolts or nuts or having to deal with the exhaust manifold

491 for the entire system was too much?
I thought 92 for the down pipe was a good price, as well as the 142 for the cat.
Way back in my previous life, my exbizznatch had an 89 Accord that she paid over 700 for a complete system at Midas - this was prob about '92 or 93. So to me, 491 is a smoking deal, especially for the SS catback.

I always do my own work on all my stuff; certainly don't trust some meathead to f_ck up my rides when I am perfectly capable of doing that myself. I do enjoy the satisfaction of knowing I did it, and did it right.
Plus saving money is king.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:23 AM
Retired Moderator

Im glad i listened to that sound clip.

That sound isnt my thing, but if you guys like it, then so be it.

I think im going to use a VRS kit for a civic and fab up what needs to be fabbed.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

idk if the tone will change at all as time goes on...but it does sound pretty raspy
Old 03-28-2014, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

2nd clip sounds better...not sure why it didn't show:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea, that doesn't sound too bad. now if i could find a damn header...but looking like a modified one will have to do. I found one place with a ton of different versions
Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM
Fish Twig

I dunno.........I need something deeper...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i have a fujitsubo exhaust...ill get the sound clip tomorrow....
its about the same really..just a little deeper
Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 PM
Retired Moderator

For some who needs a deeper tone, the Vibrant Street power muffler is what im using. Way quieter then magnaflow.

I am totally satisfied with the tone of this unit.

http://www.velocityshop.com/product/...1102_1379.html

Quick Reply: Yonaka Crv Exhaust PT II