Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

B_Swapped93's integra recovery/progress thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: B_Swapped93's integra recovery/progress thread.

arent the DRWs heavy tho?
Old 03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow shes been through alot ! nice work
Old 03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by CKnight90
beautiful :') *tear*
thanks man

Originally Posted by slowDB7
arent the DRWs heavy tho?
They are 51.8 lbs each lol they're off the car and the rota slips are back till the roads get a little less dusty as they are mint.

Originally Posted by Fluxinator
wow shes been through alot ! nice work

Thank you ! still has ALOT more to go before the season opener on may 25th main thing being the break in for the engine and clutch etc.

Well got the interior all pieced back got rid of the custom airbag delete plate as it looked ghetto as ****, the newly cleaned recaro's with the Takata DS-2 harness the 2nd one is on order. Took the roof liner out only to find out it weighed like 2 lbs now I have no map/dome light ohhh well plans for a sunroof delete are in talks with a welding shop around here. Going to be sanding down the sides around the wheel with a proper sander vs just me rubbing sand paper for several mins, may re-paint the VC but I kinda liked the chipped look lol. 4pt cage coming soon once I head down to CSC racing products in Newmarket the harness is mounted like that for now with 10.9 grade bolts . It's supposed to rain for 2 days this weekend so that should kill ALOT of the snow more updates to come. C30A NSX engine all cleaned up in the last pic.
Attached Images      
Old 03-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fixed up the rear wheel arches and welded in new metal/rolled the fenders and did some bondo work to flush out my bad welds looks pretty good imo, I just used duct sheeting and cut it to size then tig(with gas) welded it up. It still needs to be touched up/clear coated but I'm not thaaaat good yet my power mirrors have decided to give up tried a bunch of **** still a no-go looks like i'll be getting some APR carbon mirrors. Still need side skirts,purple lugs, and then some heavy body work !
Attached Images    
Old 03-30-2014, 06:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Fixed some more wiring and painted the gutted back so it looks a bit better, Got the K-Tuned shifter in looks and feels great ! had it fully down in the pics but went with the ball threaded fully up so it feels like a short throw. Going to get an extension so it sits higher bought a hood for 40$ no rust etc getting it painted should be ready this week then it's just a waiting game till the roads aren't so dusty.
Attached Images   
Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok updates !! decided to have a go at frame pulling my self, bought a big ratchet tow strap and a medium sized hammer.

Going at it using a tree as an anchor it worked well ! started to pull the car even lol. And my FIT in the background,

Here's the bumper all bolted up no stiffeners tho but meh I see no difference.

Sadly the bumper has not been clear coated so i'll need to get that done nasty chip from dropping the tow lever . If you're wondering why there's no headlight the whale dick intake has a V-Stack thus I figured it would be ideal to have the air being direct to the stack. looks aggressive too imo.

Picked up/ordered some goodies ! not pictured Blue Beaks* bar license plate relocater and Hondata coil on plug retro fit !!. The reason for a new s300 is the old one was giving me issues I got it used so meh win some loose some the new one is the latest version(white circuit board). The hood is said to be done on Thursday so I'll have pics of that and my attempts to "tune" or more rather find out why I'm running rich.

Old 04-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ehat issues did the old board have?
Old 04-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok bad new the trans mount bolts let go thankfully nothing is damaged however the engine's out again seeing as it's easier to attach the trans when it's out/on the ground. The trans is currently getting heli-coiled and going up a bolt size.

Did some work on the fit as the winter snow ripped the splash guard and it was just hanging loosely at the bottom.

Next updates should be regarding the s300/tuning and a few bling items for the lolz also the diamond racing steelies are up for sale/trade for platinum XXR 531's

@m4xwell the s300 wouldn't register 30% of the time so I made a deal with someone who though they could fix it etc.

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 04-11-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update time ! the car is officially insured and starting the break in period for all it's new parts, On it's first day out the starter decided to overheat while driving and I needed to get it towed home for 170$ got a new starter off a kid on kijiji installed it and all is good. Here's the car getting semi-taken apart to be towed.

Next day sold the diamond racing steelies ohh well they were going to get ruined if I kept them bought some bare DR-21's so I could pick out the tires I wanted(you'll see what I got in the next pic)

Annnd I scored big!! brand new BFG rivals for 560$, they're go for around 780$ normally here.

New personal best 5 tickets in 1 stop **** the Barrie police... guy tried to threaten me by un clipping his gun if I didn't get my insurance and license..
Attached Images  

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 04-16-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Gotta love those Canadian cops (I'm Canadian... lived in Ontario/GTA for 5 years)... I remember I got a $155 ticket for cutting an undercover off... we were both going under 20 (30km/h), he was just sitting right in my blind spot, and it was during whiteout conditions.

Power trip anyone?

Very nice ride though!
Old 04-16-2014, 05:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's pretty bad especially if you look 17 and drive a nice loud car lol the worst is when me and my friends go cruzing at night.

thanks man! still got a ways to go

Got them mounted & balanced yesterday looking pretty nice, before I put them on the car I have to fix all the things I did to get the 16x10 rims to fit as I don't want to ruin these tires. Have one on the car so far look pretty good against the white next pics will be of them mounted up.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good progress, but I think you should take that ticket picture off the thread or atleast blur out all your info... Everyone can see your full name, address, etc now..
Old 04-16-2014, 02:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by RevYouUp
Good progress, but I think you should take that ticket picture off the thread or atleast blur out all your info... Everyone can see your full name, address, etc now..
Thanks and yah while the car doesn't live at that address much in the summer good idea, more worried about vandals then thief's up north. Toronto is a different story
Old 04-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Buying some things back after the car took a de-rail to the stance lyfe lol asr 24mm sway bar instead of the 32mm hollow one had.

All mounted up not sure id I did it right the hollow one is different but looks good to me

s300 should be back this week then i'll post what I do with it
Old 04-22-2014, 07:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Side skirts on and painted next body work step is the hood, next things for the car are a front lip so I can make a front splitter!, and probably a new rear bumper mine is cut up and cracked. Painted my RPF1's gloss back instead of ricy green still waiting on my s300 and am looking to do the ebrake cables.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Trailing arm toe arm and e-brake cable replacement time ! went with Megan racing bushings + Megan adj toe arms and OEM Honda e-brake cables.

Things didn't go as good as I thought I was rather worried about this as ultimately this is what killed my old 99 civic, at the time I didn't know what to do/have the other garage spot to use in the winter. But this time around the one arm came free but got bent the other needed to be cut as the sleeve rusted to the bolt it's self, the bushings them self of the toe arms were shot so I guess it had to be done.

here's the RTA-B that got put in when I first got the car the other side looks pretty nasty but not torn all the way threw yet.

This one was pretty much shot and this is the one that prompted me to do this overhaul.

here they are pushed in

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 04-24-2014 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The drags (not rpf1's ) look so much better Nice tires!
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JuggerNaut-CTR
The drags (not rpf1's ) look so much better Nice tires!
Thanks man, I'm liking them not sure how long they'll last yet hopefully better then my AD08's at 10,000 km's.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

fuel tank=dropped the body rust is minimal which is strange as the tank and toe arm bolts were rusted to shot everything else is good. So now the hard part skip this season and do a fuel cell and turbo it...entry fee's alone cost over a grand. that's not counting my 280$ insurance a month or fuel cell and just run this season.

Late nights spent working on it pretty much the rear of the car is stripped down.

here's the tank it's self looks to be shot and not repairable at a reasonable cost.

under side of the car not bad imo for a 94 that saw Toronto winter in it's early days

And the filler neck...eww rusted as **** if I keep the stock fuel set up this will need to be replaced and Honda doesn't sell it no more still waiting on my s300.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

$45 + shipping

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...570&cc=1000382
Old 05-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Everything is almost put back together just need to find a solution to the hose that connects the filler neck to the tank, as no stores carry hose that big. Sold the rims took the tires off change of plans for the car again I think...bout dat stance lyfe except this time I'm going to get some 16x8 platinum 531's and probably do the JDM front end. Reason being the rules for "street" class at CSCS got tightened to the point where I'm classed as SS or unlimited, in which I stand no chance N/A.

Bought a new black hood kinda pointless if I do the jdm front but meh i'll hold off on paint till I make up my mind

Had a go at the quarters again trying to smooth them out looks ok imo considering I welded in duct sheeting.

other side this is the better one imo just need to find a way to fix those damn side molding holes

Sanded down some surface rust and did some undercoating

New gas tank for $110 did some undercoating around the places it rusted last time, even tho i'll never let this car see the winter or rain.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I did it...i got a full jdm front!! the paint is pretty nasty so paint is priority now, black housing non hid headlights but I did get some generic hids with it. Sold the usdm hood and fenders in under 4 hours now for the bumper and headlights...need a grill for it but I see them on ebay for sub $100. Going to splurge on PW:JDM dry carbon parts when I get this thing painted, still liking the 531's but I kinda want BBS rs reps we shall see.

All the old body panels stripped off and put in the house till I sell them

Everything piled in the FIT for transport took us a good 15 mins to figure out how we were going to fit it all. Guy I bought it off was the same guy I sold my diamond racing steelies to lol.

This is how we got the hood to fit 300+ km's with the door 1/4 open lol **** was cold AF, if you're wondering the JDM hood is a fair bit bigger. Both windows had to be open

And here it is complete change over for $600 around here fronts go for 850+ not including 13% tax so this was a good deal to me.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

well thats a good deal
Old 05-06-2014, 03:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got a rust free fuel neck I can sell you. LMK.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Update time!, turns out my 3 friends who have integra's all have the conversion too lol so a white red a black JDM teg in a town of 7 integra's. Any ways got the front cut and mocked up will need to be welded but first I need the car to run, also I cut my leg pretty bad with an angle grinder ended in 5 stiches . Going to get the bumper clips etc tomorrow and the grill as we forgot it when I originally picked everything up.

Need more clamps dry fitting everything

Last edited by B_Swapped93; 05-06-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply: B_Swapped93's integra recovery/progress thread.