Notices
Honda Prelude All Model Preludes

JRSC news!!!! Motorvations Motorsports Jackshaft Pulleys now available

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC news!!!! Motorvations Motorsports Jackshaft Pulleys now available

Jim posted this up in the Forced Induction forum but thought it would be good to talk about this here too. Below is his post and my reply...

Originally Posted by MOTORVATIONS
Just got back from the machinists...

Picked up a fresh load of all MVM stepper pulleys. Now, all "B" series, H22A and the new blower snout 3.8" pulleys are in stock and ready for shipment. Feel free to call or email to place your orders.

Jim
Originally Posted by Kool-Lude
Just want to thank Jim for supporting our JRSC H22's and the Prelude community in general. Taking the time and effort to build these upgraded jackshaft pulleys for our H22 shows your commitment and drive to help ALL of us Honda enthusiasts.

Jim, can't wait to get my new pulley in the mail. I'll post up some pics and vids of the new setup.

Greg

Btw, here's my lude at 6psi... can't wait to hear the whine at 9+psi

Getting these pulleys done has been a long time coming...Jim and I started discussing the idea of making a new batch all the way back in Oct. 2012. He didn't even have a prototype anymore and his design files got corrupt at his machinist shop, so he had to do a lot of work to get these made. I hope all you supercharged Prelude /H22 owners jump on these. It's a great upgrade as long as you have supporting mods for the higher boost.

I also want to emphasize the advantages of this MVM jackshaft pulley over the "less expensive" Accord crank pulley. With the Accord pulley upgrade, ALL the pulleys in the system will spin faster, not just the blower. That puts extra stress on the entire JRSC drive system.. smaller pulleys are going to wear out faster, main drive belt spins faster, PS and Alt. systems are spinning faster and stressed, etc.

Last edited by Kool-Lude; 02-05-2014 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC news!!!! Motorvations Motorsports Jackshaft Pulleys now available

Do they still make JRSC complete kits for h22 on 4th gen?
Old 02-05-2014, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC news!!!! Motorvations Motorsports Jackshaft Pulleys now available

nope.. all second hand stuff. Jim used to have two complete kits in his shop for sale. You can try there, but I know he doesnt want to part out any of the pieces
Old 02-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Man that prelude sounds amazing!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man!! I ****** LOVE my lude
Old 02-06-2014, 04:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Looking good! Probably one of the best tuned JRSC Preludes!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

^^Thanks man. I think my custom endlinks set me apart from all the rest I'll take a few pics once I have it all buttoned up.

And do you remember all of our Enkei discussions (long time ago).. how do you like my final decision of 16x8's wrapped in Yoko Advan A048's 225/45R16? looks good, light weight, sticky compound!!!!!!!! win win
Old 02-06-2014, 09:03 PM

Officially, Jackson Racing never made a 4th Gen Prelude H22 supercharger kit... only a 5G kit for the '97-01 Prelude base and SH variants. It would seem to me that very little would need to be different when compared to the 4G chassis, however, the focus would most likely be on the primary drive plate/pulley/belt system passing over the driver's side shock tower. I have not tried to install one of these kits personally on a 4G, so I would be out of bounds in offering FACTS to your question.

There are no more kits available directly from Moss, so you are at the mercy of the "used" market now, and if a used kit is missing parts, you are really in trouble because these are also unavailable from Moss, so even a good deal on Ebay may be an expensive paperweight unless you have mad fabrication skills.

I still have one NEW kit available and one demo kit (the one pictured on the Moss site in red/black) that are complete (minus the standard electronics package I believe) so you would need big fuel injectors and a tunable engine management package (like Hondata).
Old 02-06-2014, 09:10 PM

Kool-lude, the RPF-1's on your car are AWESOME !!! It is my favorite wheel. Check out my post in the Marketplace for SUPER RARE Enkei RPF-1's... there is a picture of my daily EM1 with a set of GOLD ones. The rare ones are only 4 lug, so they don't fit your Prelude... but hey, you may know a civic or teg owner who might be interested. Only 12 sets exist in this country... they are "Kool" !!! My EK hatch has a 17" set of RPF-1's in SBC, and wait until you see my EG Coupe on a custom powder coated 16" set... they are truly wild.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kool-Lude
...I think my custom endlinks set me apart from all the rest
a little preview of what im doing now

Old 02-10-2014, 02:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

look what i got in the mail this weekend..........

Old 02-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

All I can say is WOW!!!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like a good quality item, and I like that the cat approves!

The RPF1 is one of my favorite wheels, I may replace the Volk's on my WRX with a set if I hold on to it.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by snobordboy
Looks like a good quality item
Exactly what i thought... Jim does good work. Wish his shop was in my state/town

and I like that the cat approves!
ha

The RPF1 is one of my favorite wheels, I may replace the Volk's on my WRX with a set if I hold on to it
well.. Volk's are at the top of the food chain.
I got the RPF1's because they look great and are not too expensive to replace when you explode one against a curb/wall/barrier/etc...

And that Yokohama Advan A048's sidewall is so damn stiff that it allowed me to drive a few blocks away to put the spare on. Never needs more than 22-26psi. Simply amazing for a fully treaded r-compound.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My poor prelude is still up in the air on jack stands but here are a few pics of the Motorvations pulley installed.
And I fired it up and the alignment is PERFECT!

Old 07-28-2014, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this is a re-post from this weekend on another forum but thought I needed to share here too

**PULLEY UPDATE**

First impressions... It works flawlessly!!!

My gauge shows a steady 10 psi except for some belt slippage (which was expected - need to add another idler) and it pulls solid in 4th and 5th gear now Even with my DIY tune and guess-work timing adjustments, this thing pulls hard. I drove it all day long yesterday in 95+ F temps without any issues. No data logging. Had too much fun. Just kept an eye on my A/F gauge and ripped it. This was a HUGE improvement!
My wife said that every time I came home from a run I would tell her.... "Damn my car is FAST!" haha.