Notices
Road Racing / Autocross & Time Attack Road Racing / AUTOX, HPDE, Time Attack

Racing seat suggestions and reviews? Help me find a seat for this season!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 05:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Racing seat suggestions and reviews? Help me find a seat for this season!

Are you talking Ultra Shield Race Seats? If so I considered one as my friend uses one in a circle track car and I like that they are very tall and my helmet has room in the back portion but all my friends made fun of me for wanting one in my type r.

They also make them wide and can order them in the width you would like up to 20" I believe. Thing I didnt like is the hip area has zero padding in the one I wanted.
Old 03-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, this was not my original post, but I kind of got involved an had a lot of useful info in here, so I thiught I would share the outcome on my end.

I bought my seat yesterday. I spent a lot of time at the local shop trying out seats and comparing. We are lucky enough in the Montreal area to have a shop that carries a lot of different seats.

I finally went with the Momo Daytona Evo.
http://www.momousa.com/store/index.p...ytona-evo.html

Pics of it installed are to come in around May, when I get my car back from storage.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that has helped me.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Racing seat suggestions and reviews? Help me find a seat for this season!

I also just ordered the Daytona Evo but in the XL yesterday. I will post pics next week when it is installed.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Matt_EG
Well, this was not my original post, but I kind of got involved an had a lot of useful info in here, so I thiught I would share the outcome on my end.

I bought my seat yesterday. I spent a lot of time at the local shop trying out seats and comparing. We are lucky enough in the Montreal area to have a shop that carries a lot of different seats.

I finally went with the Momo Daytona Evo.
http://www.momousa.com/store/index.p...ytona-evo.html

Pics of it installed are to come in around May, when I get my car back from storage.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that has helped me.
Originally Posted by 92HatchHybrid
I also just ordered the Daytona Evo but in the XL yesterday. I will post pics next week when it is installed.

Glad you guys could find something that fitted your needs, please post some pictures of it once it's installed. Would love to see how it comes out.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well guys I got my seat and love the quality and how it looks. I wish I could find a way to mount it lower in the vehicle but I havent figured anything out on that yet. Fits in the car fine im just 6'4 and anything I could do to get me lower I would like.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

^^
Looks good.

In part for this reason (height), I am getting my floor mount fabricated by someone local (the same guy who did my roll bar last year). His mounts sit lower, and I will try to get the seat installed as close to the center tunnel as possible. I find that my right knee sometimes starts to hurt after a while driving because it is aligned a little too far to the left, especially with lateral support.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was looking to see how I could make it sit lower. If I didnt use the seat base bracket this bolts to it would allow it to sit about 3/4 of an inch lower. I would have to drill out near where the factory seat bolts in on top of that brace and put a nut below it and then mount the Momo side bracket right to that. If I never planned on running a normal seat again would be ideal to remove all factory mounting and weld and brace below vehicle and found it right to the floor, but im not willing to do that to my Itr. May try it on the lowest setting and see how it feels first.