Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

94 GSR running like poop, advice please

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 GSR running like poop, advice please

1994 Integra GSR, bone stock 113k orig. motor. Recently it started running bad. It idles fine but intermittently it will sound like its misfiring while idling. Under acceleration, it sort of stutters/runs inconsistently. And theres major power loss. I don't think it has to do with timing, it still crosses over to vtec. Seems like around 3-4k rpm is when it stutters most

Plugs, wires, cap/rotor were recently replaced. Timing belt is in good condition, I'd guess it was replaced within the last year or two. I have yet to pull the plugs and check them, will do that tonight.

I thought maybe a fuel line was damaged because the bottom of my car always scrapes the driveway so I pulled the plastic covers off and found that the lines are extremely rusty. The brake lines were replaced from the front to back at some point, I suspect for rust/inspection reasons. Is it possible the lines rusted through with no obvious sign of leakage?

This is what the lines looked like:
Name:  R5qkzb4.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  874.6 KB
Name:  IiMlarb.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  969.9 KB

I also noticed this. Around the manifold it looks like it may just need a gasket but what concerns me is what looks like oil around where the head meets the block. Head gasket? although the cars not smoking excessively.
Name:  TZSvjaB.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  1.12 MB

Tomorrow I will hopefully be able to do a compression test at work and get a 2nd opinion on the brake lines. I'll pull the plugs tonight.

But for now I'd like some of your opinions, anyone had something like this happen?
Old 01-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: 94 GSR running like poop, advice please

Any CEL's ? as for that oil leak replace the VC gasket and spray the whole head down with BPC I found and replaced many leaks on cars that way. I've not really know HG's to leak from the outside so I think you're ok.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No CEL, I replaced the vc gasket and camshaft seal a month ago so it may just be residual oil from before that (I never cleaned it with brake parts cleaner)
Old 01-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Pulled the plugs and figured it out. There was water in the #3 spark plug hole, probably from washing the engine bay. Must have been making it misfire. Drove it and its back to normal
Old 01-02-2014, 03:48 PM
j13
Honda-Tech Member

my car was running bad like that, it was the fuel filter. it was almost completely clogged.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:14 PM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AztecEGhatch
Pulled the plugs and figured it out. There was water in the #3 spark plug hole, probably from washing the engine bay. Must have been making it misfire. Drove it and its back to normal
That is a common problem, has happened to me more then once, now we have a car wash in town that has an air line for your tires all I do is bring along my air "blower" attatchment and clip it onto the air hose and blow the water out of the holes and most of the engine/engine bay also. 94