Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

----- My Kswap, wire tuck, circut/drag track build of pepper My 1999 MR Integra-----

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Icon6 ----- My Kswap, wire tuck, circut/drag track build of pepper My 1999 MR Integra-----

So I decided to start a new Thread on my build. My old thread was geared more toward my JDM conversion. So here we go.

First off, Finally after quite a while I now have the means to fully dedicate my 1999 Milano Red LS Integra. It started off as a completely stock Integra and slowly progressed to a JDM converted slightly modded stock power plant three toned Integra. So during my second deployment I was nervous and excited to get back cause I knew that then my Baby (pepper) would get her make over. So I returned not to long ago and bought a daily Driver a 2006 MM RSX Type S and got straight to work ordering parts. Lots of parts and planning my attack sequence. So here we go start to hopefully finish by the summer time.

here it is its finally out of storage and its home excuse the bare garage I was still moving in at this time.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ----- My Kswap, wire tuck, circut/drag track build of pepper My 1999 MR Integra--

photobucket is being a pain right now bare with me on posting photos of my build
Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ----- My Kswap, wire tuck, circut/drag track build of pepper My 1999 MR Integra--

As I took her out of storage with nine months of dust on her
Old 12-18-2013, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The engine is out now time to clean u the wires and engine bay for the tuck and respray.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Labeling and rerouting wires. We are doing this wire tuck with out removing the dash.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Removed the air bag

removed the a/c EVAP box and Blower from under the dash.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Took the passenger side wire harness apart to pull it through the firewall.

Ran the passenger side engine bay wires through the grommet for the door harness

Had to lengthen the wires going to the ABS. YES I am keeping it in the car we'll see if I can track the car without the ABS kicking in. I hope no problems come up cause the ABS is a pain to delete out of the 99 DC chassis.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

We kept some of the wires inside because I going Kswap so I wont need them. We used painters tape to keep them together until we can decided on what to do with them later on.

The mess we created. Side note anyone that does this. Try to keep the wires relatively together you'll thank yourself later for it.

The end result after sorting through all the wires and putting new loom as well as mounting the harness with clamps.

This is the front harness after I took it all apart and re-loomed it. My wire tuck may seem a little wierd because I am not only keeping the ABS and I am JDM fronted but I also utilize A HID sub harness that draws power directly from the battery and uses one OEM headlight bulb plug for a command going into a High voltage relay. I use this because I have High wattage HID's and was having a problem with supplying enough power to them
Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is how I am going to run my ABS Plugs to minimize the amount of wires seen from the engine bay.

Now we are starting on the driver side. All we removed was the lower portion of the dash for this one and I cut some of the sound deadening material from around the area that the harness goes thru the firewall.

Labeled the driver side as well. Sorry for the fuzzy picture.

Takeing all the old loom off and taking the wires apart. This time we will keep them together after learning our lesson from the other side.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

While doing the wire tuck I am also working on replaceing most fo the suspension bushings with polyurethane bushings and installing some Function&Form LCA's with an ASR subframe and a Sway bar. I will post pictures of this once done. Stay posted Got some Super goodies in store from this one. HINT HINT No Cut Shift Box
Old 12-18-2013, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

here is the my old thread with my JDM front in it

https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-integra-6/my-jdm-conversion-build-thread-resurrection-chili-pepper-3054461/
Old 12-18-2013, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is the sub-frame brace, sway-bar, and F&F LCA so far. Waiting to remove the LTAs before i finish bolting everything up.

Pulling the wires thru on the passenger side

the wires are thru now the fun starts. Trying to get to the door harness hole YAY!!!!!

Starting to prep the bay for paint. Still a long way to go tho
Old 12-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This is the spot weld cutter I picked up after searching everywhere to include asking my local Snap-on tool vendor at work, I Finally picked this bad boy up at Harbor Freight of all places. Just solidified why I love that place.

Going to work at that passenger side engine/trans mount. Will post pics of this done later due to the fact that the last two spots welds are finding themselves to be a pain with my ABS still in might have to break out the DieGrinder ohhhh yeahhhhhh.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Posting Pics of my engine today
Old 12-19-2013, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Long term project.

Sure has potential.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Few more pictures..

Good bye loser!

Who's that creeping in my window??
Old 12-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I was just looking through you previous thread which links to this thread (on the front end conversion) —*I was curious , you don't have that front bumper support anymore as a result of the conversion? Looks like it would be pretty dangerous in the unfortunate event of a front end collision ???
Old 12-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Declectic : I was just looking through you previous thread which links to this thread (on the front end conversion) —*I was curious , you don't have that front bumper support anymore as a result of the conversion? Looks like it would be pretty dangerous in the unfortunate event of a front end collision ???
This it true. From my understanding that and the turn signal configuration (which can be changed I did so) of the JDM front end is what makes it not street legal in the states. They do however make a small support bar that goes in between the to runners were the bumper support mounts up. But that comes on the JDM Type R and its more for chassis rigidity then safety. I do have plans to fab up a cage for the front end. I have a buddy that makes stunt cages for bikes he has the plans for it.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks Alberto (loso) LOL.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

collkid: Long term project.

Sure has potential.
I have been gathering parts for the past three months for this project. I have everything to do it now minus the coil packs, throttle body sensors, trans cables, A/C and P/S delete pully, alternator, starter, and s2000 CMC. Hope to have it done by the summer.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice, now I know where to get a spot weld cutter. lol
Old 12-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just picked up some of the Goodies I had sitting at my boys house

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is the Head. Fresh Rebuilt with Ferrea Beehive springs with Ferrea flat valves and Z3 cams.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

This is my block Lightly used with about 2000 miles on it. Its been bored .05 over with 13:7 pistons, Type S oil pump that will get sprung, ARP head studs. Came out of my boys EG k swapped hatch. He went Fullrace boosted.

[IMG][/IMG]

Hondata KPRO :-)

Last edited by dc_jdm_dreams; 12-20-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

MouaB18C1 : Nice, now I know where to get a spot weld cutter. lol
That was not an easy find. I thought i would never get especially when the snapon guy told me no at work.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

did that ecu get smashed or something?
Old 12-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah In shipping but it looks worst in the picture then it really is.

Quick Reply: ----- My Kswap, wire tuck, circut/drag track build of pepper My 1999 MR Integra-----