Notices
Honda Minivans, Crossovers, and Trucks Honda Odyssey / Ridgeline / Pilot / HR-V
Acura MDX / RDX

interior / dome lights and homelink not working (no power)

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior / dome lights and homelink not working (no power)

Hi everyone, have a issue and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on this before taking it to the dealer. This is a 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L

The 3 sets of overhead lights (front map lights, middle and rear overhead lights) and also the vanity lights on the drivers and passengers side visor mirrors do not work. Also the homelink does not work.

Short story, I was loading my car at night, doors open, lights were on. They went out a couple of times, I assume by car automatically shutting them off after a certain amount of time. Finally they went off, and stayed off.

The light switch on the drivers left side does not turn the lights on, nor does opening the door, or pressing the light switch's buttons.

I fiddled with the switches a bit, and I changed a few bulbs but that hasn't changed anything.

One odd about this is on a few occasions (rarely) I will be driving and the map light will come on and homelink will have power, assuming because in my fiddling I left the switch on. This only lasts a few seconds though, and if I press the dome switch or a homelink button, the power is lost again. This hasn't happened in a while now however.

I have checked the fuses and they all seem fine. I have 12v running across Fuse#11 in the passenger side fuse box. I also replaced the fuse just in case.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions as to what I should look for, test, or check? Is there a interior light relay I can check? It's finally warm enough in the northeast to take a look and things and not turn into a popsicle.

Thanks.