Notices

Modifications For 2008 FD2-Type R (Japan Spec) STREET USE only

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Modifications For 2008 FD2-Type R (Japan Spec) STREET USE only

HI guys..... ive got a 2008 Civic FD2-Type R (K20A).

It is for street use only..... I've already toyed with it a lot (TODA -stage 2 cams- full exhaust system including headers- valve springs - tensioner - timing chain - light weight front pulley kit, Anti-G Force Oil Pan), exedy endurance single plate metal clutch, 5th and 6th short gear ratios (Spoon), standard airbox and intake with K&N elements, Hondata tuned, etc, etc.... it currently produces 255bhp on dyno and its actually quite frightening to drive...

Having only web based knowledge of automobile engineering, my difficulties lie in general wear & tear, drivability, maintenance and support mods for this car.... I have not touched the suspension setup at all save for a Cusco Rear anti-sway bar and under the hood- a J's racing front L-R anti roll bar and J's racing torque damper). The rest is completely standard... I am advised that the standard setup for this car is the best... Any comments here?

Also, what other OEM parts, bushes, joints, mounts or other things in this car which I need to pay attention to regarding wear & tear given the increase loads....any tips on improving driveability for normal street use...? What about reducing overall car vibrations....? m afraid to upgrade the engine mounts as I am told that more vibration will ensue given the extra rigid mounts??? as against this, the standard mounts wear out FAST...

M quite sure I need to beef up the drive shaft as They tell me that it is the first part to wear out.... I'm, thinking of the Spoon drive shaft custom made for this model...any reviews or comments or other recommendations??? What about engine bearings???? Do they need upgrading to hold the extra loads??

man... there is just soo many questions I have... I'll leave it at the above for now....

damn excited to be here... looking forward to meeting some new friends, passionate about Honda as I am.

Cheers,

Leonard