Notices
Honda Civic (2001 - 2005) Coupe / Sedan / Hybrid (Includes Acura EL)

Transmission Range Sensor yay

Old 07-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Range Sensor yay

Okay, so I had a major problem happen. I was driving down the road when all of a sudden my computer decided it was just going to spazz out, and refuse to let me drive any further. It wouldn't even allow me to start the car, and had my key light continuously blink on the dashboard like it wasn't even acknowledging it. Like I had stuck a screwdriver in it and started it.

I got that replaced with a new one. Then the computer started reading off p0705 Transmission Range Sensor Short. So I took the defective range sensor off, placed a brand new one on. The problem went away, which included the rapidly blinking D light.

Then I drove the car today after it being fixed, and it ran fine. However, for a few minutes it did the same thing. The D light flashed. I turned the car off, waited a few minutes, restarted it, and nothing. Ran fine.

Things I have already replaced which could have been the problem(according to online google searches):
Transmission has already been rebuilt, and rechecked by the Transmission guy who did it.
Computer was replaced by the mechanic
Transmission Range Sensor was replaced.
Alternator bracket was fixed which, according to Honda, mightve shorted the computer.
Ignition Switch, which according to Honda, mightve shorted the computer as well.

Any opinions would be fantastic. Honda had nothing to say in regards to the problem, just advised me to bring it in to them which is not happening, because I cannot afford their diagnostic price. =]