Honda Accord (1990 - 2002) Includes 1997 - 1999 Acura CL

94? Accord Project

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 94? Accord Project

Originally Posted by Zak325
Now let's say I buy an full f22 from eBay. What will I basically have to plug in. Harnesses, tranny cables, throttle cables, radiator hoses, fuel lines, what else ?
Depends on what's on the car, a junk yard will be your best friend. Its a 94 so if you can stick with a 94-95 F22B1 the better luck you will have harness wise. Then you would need all of the accessories (depending on what you would run). I personally have heat because I live in Minnesota and the power steering is a must. Everything else, including the ABS to be removed is now gone.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engine mounts, and that's it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by DeadlockRiff
engine mounts, and that's it.
It shall run off of hopes and dreams. Or, insert rice joke here

lol
Old 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NZXTInerTia
It shall run off of hopes and dreams. Or, insert rice joke here

lol

I meant engine mounts in addition to what he said. xD
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 67 Likes on 67 Posts

Power steering and A/C lines if you want ether of them. Don't forget about all of your vacuum lines as well. EVAP and EGR if you want it emissions legal???? Then again you can delete all of this stuff if you don't want to run it.

I have removed/deleted the EGR, EVAP and A/C from my current daily driver.

What to hook up really all depends on what you want to run or need to have legally.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah Id want heat and ac. Maybe not right away until I get everything in and running but it gets pretty hot and pretty cold here. But wouldn't I want a f22b2? That's the one that comes in the 94 EX. I'm guessing there's not many differences between the b1 and b2 but I'd wanna go all original and plus the b2 has vtec
Old 06-29-2013, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The F22B1 is VTEC and it is what comes in the EX in the US.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GhostAccord
The F22B1 is VTEC and it is what comes in the EX in the US.
Damn, I ALWAYS get those mixed up. On another note Ghost, if you have got rid of all those things on your daily, how do you drive it legally and pass inspection
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Damn, I ALWAYS get those mixed up. On another note Ghost, if you have got rid of all those things on your daily, how do you drive it legally and pass inspection
Do you live in a state that has inspection?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

PA. Pretty sure
Old 06-29-2013, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.drivecleanpa.state.pa.us/...e/brochure.pdf

Yah it looks like it. Looks like you'll have to have some sort of emissions control.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The Province that I live in does not have an emissions control inspection. We have a vehicle safety inspection. Only thing emissions related that is required is a catalytic converter. And that is only a visual inspection. No sniffer test or OBD scan.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would you guys say this is a good deal?
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=33041
Old 06-30-2013, 07:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yes that is a very good deal. H motors is awesome btw, very good customer service.
Old 06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Probably better than anything you would find with a quick search on eBay!
Old 06-30-2013, 09:40 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

It says its out of stock. Here's a good place to get one for the same price. I bought from these guys before and they have great service and ship everything nicely. The automatic transmission I got from them worked great and was in excelled condition (low miles).

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en...Odyssey_Engine

Here's Vtec version,

http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/jdm_en...a_2.2CL_Engine
Old 07-01-2013, 04:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

F those prices, just go to a pick and pull and grab what's there. A quick inspection under the valvecover/pull the pan is WELL worth the $400+ or so you'll save over those deals. Many places will even sell you a startup warranty. Talk to the people in the yard, spend some time and effort inspecting things, and you should be good to go, while saving a LOT of coin. You could even take that extra you'd be spending on 'trusted' internet JDM engine importers and support your local machine shop/engine rebuilder and have a FRESH engine, if that's what you're really worried about. I can get a whole dropout from my local pick-n-pull for $250.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll take a trip to my local junkyard, but it all depends on what inventory they have on accords. If they have a good selection, I'll pull an engine right out of one. If not, at least I know that I can get a good one online.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:34 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by chrisnick
F those prices, just go to a pick and pull and grab what's there. A quick inspection under the valvecover/pull the pan is WELL worth the $400+ or so you'll save over those deals. Many places will even sell you a startup warranty. Talk to the people in the yard, spend some time and effort inspecting things, and you should be good to go, while saving a LOT of coin. You could even take that extra you'd be spending on 'trusted' internet JDM engine importers and support your local machine shop/engine rebuilder and have a FRESH engine, if that's what you're really worried about. I can get a whole dropout from my local pick-n-pull for $250.

Engines from the pick n pull near me are only $135

You would be lucky to find one that hasn't been scavenged. Maybe you could find an H23 from a Prelude and drop that in instead. Any Accord/Prelude engine that's OBD I would work in your chassis, it wouldn't be that hard to drop it in and make it work either. Look for a Prelude SI 1992-1995 Engine, H23a, or a 1992-1995 type S, F22a. Also 90-93 Accord would work too, that's what I have. I think a 96' and on Accord or Prelude is OBD II and would be hard to swap consider you have OBD I.

The lower the miles the better, and if its been wrecked that's a good sign too.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mishako129
Engines from the pick n pull near me are only $135

You would be lucky to find one that hasn't been scavenged. Maybe you could find an H23 from a Prelude and drop that in instead. Any Accord/Prelude engine that's OBD I would work in your chassis, it wouldn't be that hard to drop it in and make it work either. Look for a Prelude SI 1992-1995 Engine, H23a, or a 1992-1995 type S, F22a. Also 90-93 Accord would work too, that's what I have. I think a 96' and on Accord or Prelude is OBD II and would be hard to swap consider you have OBD I.

The lower the miles the better, and if its been wrecked that's a good sign too.

You will have a very hard time finding a type S Prelude in any North American junk yard. A Prelude S sure, it did come with the old F22A1.

Any OBD1 or OBD2 F or H series will drop into this chassis. Wiring an OBD2 engine into an OBD1 chassis is not difficult.

Basically you want to find an engine that has low mileage and looks to have been taken care of. Like said above, remove the valve cover and check the oil pan. Be leery of used engines with brand new oils in them.

If it's been in a wreck why is that a good sign? That doesn't mean the owner took any better care of the engine. Not to mention if it was involved in any sort of collision there could now be stress fractures in the block. :givesheadashake:
Old 07-01-2013, 12:58 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

You will have a very hard time finding a type S Prelude in any North American junk yard. A Prelude S sure, it came with the old F22A1.

Any OBD1 or OBD2 F or H series will drop into this chassis. Wiring an OBD2 engine into an OBD1 chassis is not difficult.

Basically you want to find an engine that has low mileage and looks to have been taken care of. Like said above, remove the valve cover and check the oil pan. Be leery of used engines with brand new oils in them.

If it's been in a wreck why is that a good sign? That doesn't mean the owner took any better care of the engine. Not to mention if it was in a front end collision there could now be stress fractures in it. :givesheadashake:

If it was in a collision it means the engine was running when it was wrecked If it has no damage you can bet that it had engine or transmission failure and the owner could not pay for it. And it doesn't have to be a bad collision for the car to be junked. The transmission I took the had the whole windshield smashed in.

I'm not saying if it wasn't wrecked that the engine or transmission is bad, its just there's a high chance there is something wrong.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If it's been in a wreck why is that a good sign? That doesn't mean the owner took any better care of the engine.:
Absolutely correct, but I managed to find an 02 with 75k that had front end damage. Motor was ridiculously clean up top, and is actually what I pulled my intake manifold and current valve cover off of.

But agreed, in any normal case I don't see why anyone would want a motor out of a wrecked vehicle, UNLESS you know its history.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by NZXTInerTia
Absolutely correct, but I managed to find an 02 with 75k that had front end damage. Motor was ridiculously clean up top, and is actually what I pulled my intake manifold and current valve cover off of.

But agreed, in any normal case I don't see why anyone would want a motor out of a wrecked vehicle, UNLESS you know its history.
http://www.pick-n-save.net/policy-procedures/

"If A Vehicle Is Wrecked It Means It Was Driving When Wrecked"

What does the opposite tell you?
Old 07-01-2013, 01:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Would you **** off with that ****! Who cares if the engine was running when it wrecked. That doesn't mean it was running well or well maintained.

As far as condition of a car in a JY. I guess this all depends on where you live. Most of the 20+ year old Honda's that make it to the JY around here are there because the body rotted off them or they failed the provincial safety inspection and aren't worth fixing. Nothing to do with engine or transmission failures. Not to mention most are high mileage as well. This is why I tend to go with the Japanese importers as their engines tend to be lower mileage then most local yards will be.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:10 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Would you **** off with that ****! Who cares if the engine was running when it wrecked. That doesn't mean it was running well or well maintained.

I think it matters imo. You can think what you want.

Quick Reply: 94? Accord Project