Notices
Honda Accord & Crosstour (2003 - 2012) 2003 - 2012 Honda Accord and Inspire

2004 Honda Accord EX Sedan turn signal and hazard light problem

Old 06-03-2013, 05:14 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Honda Accord EX Sedan turn signal and hazard light problem

I have an 04 Honda Accord EX sedan that the turn signals and hazard lights are giving me problems. About a month ago I noticed that when using my turn signals, after about 1 minute that they are on, they would go off and make a buzzing sound-- on my dash, the signal arrow (both left and right) also go off when the buzzing occurs. Meaning that on the outside of the car, there is no indication if I'm making a turn. Over time, when I use my turn signals they only work for maybe a second or two before the buzzing sound comes on and the lights go out on both the dash and outside of the car. I also noticed that my hazard lights now do the same thing. I need to figure this problem out before my car needs inspected next month. We recently replaced the motor and alternator within the past year.. My dad seems to think its either the relay (timing) or the actual switch here you turn on headlights and up/down to turn the signals on/off. Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone give me a direction to head with this problem? Thank you!
Old 06-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2004 Honda Accord EX Sedan turn signal and hazard light problem

Originally Posted by Emily2809
I have an 04 Honda Accord EX sedan that the turn signals and hazard lights are giving me problems. About a month ago I noticed that when using my turn signals, after about 1 minute that they are on, they would go off and make a buzzing sound-- on my dash, the signal arrow (both left and right) also go off when the buzzing occurs. Meaning that on the outside of the car, there is no indication if I'm making a turn. Over time, when I use my turn signals they only work for maybe a second or two before the buzzing sound comes on and the lights go out on both the dash and outside of the car. I also noticed that my hazard lights now do the same thing. I need to figure this problem out before my car needs inspected next month. We recently replaced the motor and alternator within the past year.. My dad seems to think its either the relay (timing) or the actual switch here you turn on headlights and up/down to turn the signals on/off. Does anyone else have this problem or can anyone give me a direction to head with this problem? Thank you!
It is likely the relay assembly for turn signal and hazard lights (38300-SDB-A03) that failed. It costs about $25 at the dealer, $15 on line. The other is a potential short somewhere on the turn signal/relay circuit. It is not likely to be the turn signal switch or the hazard switch because they have to fail simultaneously. The relay is on the driver side foot well, right above the fuse panel. You may have to take the interior cover off the left side driver under the dash to get to it.