Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

New Guy from California-Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy from California-Help!

Hello all, I'm newly subscribed to this forum but i have been lurking here for a while. I finally picked up my first project honda and I need some serious help.

I picked up a 91 civic hatch for a steal the other day due to it having a running d15B.

Now for what I can assume you all see coming.......

It originally had a d15b7 and the previous owner swapped the jdm d15b into it and he has it running but..... a lot of the original harness seems to be cut and spliced and the o2 sensor is just screwed into the exhaust manifold and the wire is just hanging. There is red wire coming off of the distributor (Dizzy i believe is the term i see used) and the owner had it just stuck down into the positive terminal of the battery. Could this be for the vtec?

Also I am assuming that he used the stock ecu and if I have understood it correctly, I would need to either source a different ecu so that vtec would engage or have the current ecu chipped/tuned?

I am under the belief that I might have to get a hold of a new engine harness and ecu, but I dont know where to get one, or which car to get one from. All of this is compounded by the fact that I live in California and I have to smog this beast.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Kudos on the Awesome forum by the way. Keep up the good work all!
Old 05-22-2013, 04:52 AM
Dos Pupusas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Guy from California-Help!

Make a thread on the 88-91 Civic/CRX forum. There is a lot of helpful people there.