Notices
Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

0 pedal pressure after 1 attempt oin bleeding clutch

Old 05-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0 pedal pressure after 1 attempt oin bleeding clutch

2004 Acura TSX

I have 0 pressure in the pedal and I can't get any to come back.

Everything worked fine before so a faulty clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder is very unlikely.

This is what I did:

1. Attached a rubber tube to the bleeding nipple on the slave cylinder.
2. Pushed the clutch pedal to the floor and held it there
3. Crack open the bleeder and let some fluid flow out
4. Close the bleeder
5. Release the clutch

Ever since the above procedure there is 0 pressure in the pedal. Tried vaccum bleeding but it just doesn't seem to want to come out completely I only get a little to come out.

Tried pressure bleeding with a home made pressure bleeder at 30PSI, again only a little comes out.

I'm at a complete loss right now no idea whats going on and makes no sense.

I want pressure back in my pedal PLEASE help me
Old 05-11-2013, 01:17 PM
The Credible Hulk

Default Re: 0 pedal pressure after 1 attempt oin bleeding clutch

Take the hose you have attached to the slave and put the free end in a bottle with about 2" of brake fluid in the bottom. Submerge the free end in the fluid. Make sure your master cylinder is full. Open the slave. Pump the pedal like 10 times. Close the slave and check it.

If the free end of the hose is submerged there's is no way for new air to be introduced into the system.

Repeat as needed until solid.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Take the hose you have attached to the slave and put the free end in a bottle with about 2" of brake fluid in the bottom. Submerge the free end in the fluid. Make sure your master cylinder is full. Open the slave. Pump the pedal like 10 times. Close the slave and check it.

If the free end of the hose is submerged there's is no way for new air to be introduced into the system.

Repeat as needed until solid.
I dont see how new air can be introduced though if i close the bleeder before i bring the pedal up.

Also i have absolutely no pressure in the pedal so pumping it does nothing at all...
Old 06-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

you need to get one of those brake bleeding kit tool and do it. i just got done doing this to a 02 civic and we couldnt get any pressure from it too. changed both master cylinder and slave cylinder and it didn't work. then went and bought the tool, and voila, got the pressure going. made my headache go away. we bought the tool from harbor freight, dont know if you have one around your area but if not then any auto parts store should have one. good luck.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 PM
GDD Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

- Open slave bleeder
- Attach really long hose
- Put the other end of hose in clutch master cylinder
- Pump until air bubbles are gone.
- All done.

If the bubbles are all gone and you still have no pedal pressure after closing the bleeder valve, then you've got a leak somewhere.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Trial User

Icon2 Re: 0 pedal pressure after 1 attempt oin bleeding clutch

I am having a really similar problem. I just did a d series motor swap. Had to swap trannys as well, took standard tranny off old motor and put it on the new motor. Car fires right up and runs great. When i push the clutch in, there is ZERO preasure it just goes to the floor and stays there. I left the clutch to the floor, cracked the bleeder on the slave, and pumped about 50 times, it originally spit out a little fluid but after just little bits of air and splatter. kept clutch to the floor, and tightened the bleeder. NOTHING. Checked the master cylinder and the fluid is really grey and cloudy. Took the slave apart and the spring seems to be good. I have no idea what is wrong. I NEEEEED HEEEEELP!!!

-Ben
Old 10-13-2013, 08:15 PM
MM Gruppe B

Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Paquin1468
. Checked the master cylinder and the fluid is really grey and cloudy. Took the slave apart and the spring seems to be good. I have no idea what is wrong. I NEEEEED HEEEEELP!!!

-Ben
Did you try slomofo method?

Not familiar with the Honda hydraulic setup, but like brake MCs if the MC is floored past where it normally travels the surface of the bore may be rough or full of junk that will prevent the piston seal on the MC from sealing. No seal > no pressure.