Notices
Introduce Yourself If you're new to Honda-Tech, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your ride!!

Hii, I'm mia and new!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Hii, I'm mia and new!

I'm mia and from Detroit, Mi.

Im having some issues with my car. If someone could possibly read whats going on and give me feed back, id appreciate it.

I drive a 98 Acura Integra. It's a B18 //Auto.

I've been having some issues with it for quite awhile now. It went to the shop today to get checked out and they didn't give me good news. They gave me a piece of paper with 4 codes on it after checking stuff.

When I would be at a complete stop at a red light than accelerate and take off, the car would rev up, jerk hard than get into gear. It has problems quite often when trying to get into gear. It's like it doesn't understand. It would do the same thing when I was getting onto the highway/freeway. I'd be at the end of the on ramp trying to accelerate to be at a good speed and it would rev up.

I just got back from a parts store and they mentioned that it could be my head gasket? I went to do an oil change yesterday, I checked my spark plugs and the thread part on the bottom was covered in oil and I have gas in my oil. My biggest concern is, would there be anything seriously wrong with my trans? I really don't have the money to drop a new one in the car...

Im going to fix the simple stuff but Im so attached to the car. Is there anything I can do to make things easier and get this car running good? I'm about to fix simple stuff and just sell it. /:
Old 05-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Hii, I'm mia and new!

well mia to help you out with the transmission part its definitely going out...sounds like the torque converter is slipping and that's why it is reving up and then jerking into gear. Now for the other thing with having gas in your oil it could possibly be you have bad piston rings or a bad fuel system i.e fuel injectors getting stuck open. If you don't want to spend the money checking the piston rings (pulling the motor out and tearing it apart) then start with the fuel injectors and the rest of the fuel system. I hope this helps you out.