Notices

Ef Civic Si Del Sol Seat Swap DIY easy way!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 Ef Civic Si Del Sol Seat Swap DIY easy way!

WARNING BIG PICTURES SORRY!

Well here it is the easy way to swap Del Sol seats into an EF Civic Si I search many forms looking for pictures and help and there isn't much out there other then seat pan swaps and lots of seat recovering work. SO I took pictures and thought Id help others out.

I was tired of this... Ill miss the SI seats but the del sols look good and are much lighter

I started on the passenger side took the seat out to see how close the rails are since I could find any pictures of the two next to each other. So here are a few pictures to give a general idea of what the differences are.

[IMG][/IMG]

the same rail one just isn't bent like the other MAGIC!

The inside ones are the ones needed to be changes and added to, The del sol seat is a more narrow then the SI so it has clearance but a little more room by the shifter and e-brake.

[IMG][/IMG]

Del Sol outer ( I drew in how the rail brace would look like before I took it off sorry I forgot to take a picture before I took the rivets out)

[IMG][/IMG]

SI outer

Now a few thing you need Vice Grips Hammer Nuts and Bolts (size in pic) washers to fit bolt, Drill and Bits 3/8 and 1/4 is what I used. Leather glove for hot metal.

[IMG][/IMG]

First things First Lets Remove the Del Sol front inside rail brace, take the drill 1/4 bit and drill the rivets out. Use the leather glove the metal gets hot and the rivets some out smoking.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is what the Del sol looks like before the swap the hole is pointed in.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is the after you swap the brace the other direction.

After you removed the brace from both passenger and driver side then switch the braces to the opposite side! Magic! With the switch it brings the seat brace hole real close to the stock hole, crazy how that worked out. (With that out its means you need to do both seats or find the inner rail off the opposite side you wanting to do) You most likely will be doing the driver side so you need an inner rail off the passenger side seat!

Now take the Bolts from the picture.......... they fit just right and they are a nice length.

This with the brace switched over and bolted in (Im going to weld it in the near future but its holding fine)

Now lets bend the other Tab on the other rail. Take the Vice Grips and use some muscle.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

After bending it as far as the vices will do then you will need to take a hammer and flatten it out more closer to the rails and rivets us a piece of wood or support on the other end and have some one hold the seat rail lock open so you don't bend it I didn't on the first on and had to fix that issue so heads up on that.

[IMG][/IMG]

See the u shape piece of metal hammer it and bend it from the edge of that it should look like this

Remember the other drill bit you are going to have to wide the holes on the two braces you modified

first the rounded flipped one widen it toward the inside of the car and the other new bent brace move the hole down in the back

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

On the front stock brace un modified I put a couple of washer behind it to make sure the back was pull in tight to get the bolt in all the way.

[IMG][/IMG]

Now the back on is the only one you will need to cut some metal to weld in or bolt in for the back corner Im making one out of steel and going to weld it on to bolt it back the back but I have nothing on it at the moment.

[IMG][/IMG]

Well there you have it! Its easy took only a 30 minuets for both seats it was simple and cheap. Just make arrangements to get that back corner brace made. But here is the final product. Just the passenger in the pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

If you got questions please let me know ill try to help.

Last edited by tmurph; 04-12-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: added
Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Ef Civic Si Del Sol Seat Swap DIY easy way!

Nice write up, I do think the si seats are best but as the seats get harder to come by, you need to compromise. I think I may do this eventually.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Good job sir, I might be doing this in the near future.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crxisking
Nice write up, I do think the si seats are best but as the seats get harder to come by, you need to compromise. I think I may do this eventually.
Thanks it was fun writing it up and doing it.

If I can find a nice set I would put them back in in a heart beat, or even new factory covers ill recover them, but the driver seat is bad loosen foam
got the seats on a trade figured they work for a while. I thing im going to use the old SI seat fabric for my doors!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DONE. This is my plan for my seats. I have the standard seats and they look like butthole. So I'll grab some Del Sols from the junkyard, since they don't have integras AT ALL, and put them in instead.
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Freemananana
DONE. This is my plan for my seats. I have the standard seats and they look like butthole. So I'll grab some Del Sols from the junkyard, since they don't have integras AT ALL, and put them in instead.
got some finished pics... and yes no junk yards have Integras it is crazy!
Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Got the other seat in loving the Del Sol Seat it hugs on to you well Im liking it and I don't have crappy falling apart seats in the car now things are on the up! Any one else try it? Any finished pics???
Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Trial User

Bringing this back from the dead...

Do they face straight forward and level? I've heard they end up kinda off center.

Looks great from what I see! Thanks for the write up.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catchk20
Bringing this back from the dead...

Do they face straight forward and level? I've heard they end up kinda off center.

Looks great from what I see! Thanks for the write up.
I have never heard that personally. But I have yet to source some decent seats either.

Si, Integra, or Del Sol. All are hard to find at the yard.
Old 02-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Trial User

Do you still have the pics? Can’t see them because of photobucket.
Old 02-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for the write up, I been having a set of del Sol seats waiting to go on my crx for about a month now, also what you do with your seat belt buckle?