Notices
Acura Integra All Integra Except ITR

Turn Signal Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Electrical Problem

Alright I need all you electrical gods to hook me up. My turn signals are on the fritz. I did some trouble shooting and here are my findings. I did my troubleshooting with the parking lights both on and off. The car is a 2001 Integra LS hatchback.

With the parking lights off and the turn signal in the Left position: Both front and rear lights are blinking (as if the Hazards lights were on). Also inside the car my clock is blinking (alternating w/ the lights) and also the center console lights and the License plate light.

With the parking lights off and the turn signal in the Right position: The front right signal works fine. The rear turn signal doesn't come on. (It obviously works since it was blinking before.)

With the parking lights off and the Hazard lights on: All light blinks as they should, but once again the clock and center console lights are blinking and the License plate light.

With the parking lights on and the turn signal in the Left position: Neither the Front or Rear light blinks. In addition the left turn signal indicator in the gauge cluster is lit.

With the parking lights on and the turn signal in the Right position: The Front turn signal blinks quickly (as if there is a bulb out) and the Rear turn signal doesn't blink at all. (Once again I know the bulb works since it blinks with the Hazard lights on.)

With the parking lights on and the Hazard light on: Nothing blinks at all.

So that's what I got. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure that I had all possible configurations so that I can troubleshoot better.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM
fcm
Old Fart

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Turn Signal Electrical Problem

Sounds like a "crossed filament", remove the front turn signal/park light bulbs, [dual filament] and try the signals again.

MM&Y of your car? 94
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Turn Signal Electrical Problem

As I was driving to work today I was thinking the same thing. Not the "crossed filament part", but removing the turn signal/park lights bulbs. Anyway long story short after some more troubleshooting I ended up removing the Left turn signal connector and everything is back to normal. I removed the connector because the bulb is stuck. Once I get the bulb out and install a new bulb I'm going to re-install the connector/bulb and hope thats that.